Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2007, 10:12 pm

Is there an easy way (preferably using free software) to remove some of the frames from an animated GIF?

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 10:23 pm

You could download Microsoft GIF Animator from Tucows or some other site like that. It's not very elaborate, but it might be enough. Or you could try the evaluation version of GIF Construction Set from Alchemy Mindworks. A few more bells & whistles, tutorials and such, and many inducements to purchase the licenced version!

Good luck. :)

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 12:30 am

I remember using a (then free) program called Coffeecup gif animator, I think it's shareware now

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 2:46 am

I use GIMP to make GIF's, but I'm not sure what the frames are that you talk about.

I think GIMP has a free trial.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2007, 2:52 am

You can download a free trial of Jasc Animation Shop 3 here.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 5:53 am

GIMP is free and open source!

You can access the layers of an animation through the layers dialogue and delete them. I can't remember how to create your own, but have done so in the past (can't seem to find the correct dialogue...) There are plenty of tutorials online though.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 3:29 pm

DingoDv wrote:
GIMP is free and open source!

You can access the layers of an animation through the layers dialogue and delete them. I can't remember how to create your own, but have done so in the past (can't seem to find the correct dialogue...) There are plenty of tutorials online though.

THANKS, I've downloaded a plethora of programs off the 'net lately, mostly to do school projects with, and I forget which ones were free and which ones I paid for.

GIMP has come in real handy for me and although I'm not very far into it, I can see I'll be hanging on this program.