How many of you stay at home during the weekends?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 12:23 am

I stay home and clean, make bracelets, and watch Court TV... lol. That is all I really do aside from playing with the kiddos and all.

I do this during the evenings too, lol-if I have a babysitter (which is extremely rare), people will ask what I'm doing... the answer is always the same-the same things I always do, except I'll be able to concentrate more on them.

I'm my own guinea pig.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 12:34 am

I don't go out. Ever.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 12:38 am

Kalister1 wrote:
"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim. It is absurd to look upon the enormous amount of pain that abounds everywhere in the world, and originates in needs and necessities inseparable from life itself, as serving no purpose at all and the result of mere chance. Each separate misfortune, as it comes, seems, no doubt, to be something exceptional; but misfortune in general is the rule."

-- Arthur Schopenhauer, Studies in Pessimism

That is how I ALWAYS felt! I have always looked for a purpose outside of my amusement, provision, or worship for myself or others. I am at a loss. Something in my character screams I should be doing something I can't do.

Ana54,

What kind of braincandy do you take? What kind of stims? You actually set time aside for stims?

BTW...My life isn't much different from most of yours. If I was filthy rich, I would probably go to libraries, workout places, and relax at restaurants and program, and might go to foreign countries and do the same THERE. Outside of that, my life would be as it is. I go to work, eat, sleep, do my interests, MAYBE do something different every few weeks(like a road trip or a walk) and try to take care of myself. As I said, what else is there really to do?

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2007, 12:50 am

I stay in everyday.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 1:09 am

i actually try to find ways to get out of the house. i need to be doing something because if i'm not doing something i get depressed and bored.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

InSpades
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2007, 1:11 am

I stay in every day. I am 36. Too old anyway to go to clubs. I live my mother and am on disability. So goes. I actually have other circumstances directly related to my AS that has ended my life for all intents and purposes. Too much to go into though.

I pass time watching television surfing the net, sleeping, and listening to the radio.

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2007, 1:14 am

I want to die too.

But first, I have to somehow make the entire world wince in unison.

Just once.

Just once.

Then my duty will be done.

Oh, and since I work in retail, I'm at work on weekends. I have more free time on weekdays.
And with Christmas coming up, I'll have tons of projects around home to keep me busy in my waning spare time.

Oh, and making God scream would be cool too, but pulling that off and being able to hear it would likely only be possible during the the actual act of suicide, provided I made a big enough mess on multiple levels.

Does anyone know it hydroflouric acid conducts electricity?

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 1:29 am

Dunwich wrote:
I want to die too.

But first, I have to somehow make the entire world wince in unison.

Just once.

Just once.

Then my duty will be done.

Oh, and since I work in retail, I'm at work on weekends. I have more free time on weekdays.
And with Christmas coming up, I'll have tons of projects around home to keep me busy in my waning spare time.

Oh, and making God scream would be cool too, but pulling that off and being able to hear it would likely only be possible during the the actual act of suicide, provided I made a big enough mess on multiple levels.

Does anyone know it hydroflouric acid conducts electricity?

WHY HYDROFLUORIC ACID?

Perhaps EVERYTHING conducts electricity! It is just a question of how well. Just look at lightning! Air and dirt are good insulators, but lightning is at SUCH a high voltage that they might as well be COPPER!

Unfortunately, though, acids tend to be reactive with almost any conductive impurity you could add, so trying to make it more conductive would probably mitigate the acidic properties and probably change it.

I know how you feel though. You would have to do a LOT of selfless, generous, and public good to be remembered, but you could in the blink of an eye do enough bad. I guess in the scheme of things neither is really all that great. I guess the idea would be to have your actions speak against your problems where the flip side would have your death speak against them. Still, neither truly helps YOU!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

18 Nov 2007, 3:12 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I stay at home almost everyday.

Ditto.
Except if I am going to get my hair cut or go grocery shopping which is not often.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 4:50 am

Quote:
How many of you stay at home during the weekends?

most of us?

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2007, 5:23 am

These days, basically the only reason I leave the house is to go to school. Even if I did want to go out at the weekends, I have so much homework to complete it takes up all my time.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 5:32 am

siuan wrote:
We go out very occasionally. The less I socialize, the harder it gets. And the less I desire it.

I totally agree the less I socialize the harder it gets, or maybe as I get older and realization that the NT's do not like the real aspie part of me, so have to act for them and put on a smile.

So I spend as much time at home in my own space these days and find the socializing bit quite often just hard work!

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 5:40 am

I nearly always stay home on the weekends. Usually it doesn't bother me as I find things to do but sometimes I wish I could hang out at a friend's place.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 6:41 am

Im normally out in da wknds either wid me mates or playin sports it keeps me busy. 8)

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 6:52 am

I spend my Friday & Saturday nights chatting with online friends.

I do go out on a Monday night, though. I have a roleplaying club that I like to go to, and have been attending for about a year now - at which I've made quite a few friends. It's good fun, and it gets me out of the house (which is actually my parents' house, tragically enough).

That being said, sometimes I have to force myself, as the urge to retreat back into my shell and stay there is an ever-present threat...

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

18 Nov 2007, 7:00 am

It wouldn't be safe to go out at weekends in the area I live.