Ever been called/considered cool (besides by people on WP)?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 5:44 pm

My mother once alled me cool.

An acquaintance named Jared and I were writing notes to each other in class and he said, "Do you want to hang out this summer? I think you're really cool." At the beginning of the year, when I first met my acquaintances Brandy and Jared, we were in the computer room working on a project in class and Brandy and Jared were sending messages back and forth on the school's messaging system, and Brandy asked how old I was, and she then messaged Jared and said "and she is 17 and She seems cool". After class Jared and I were talking and Jared asked what month I was born in; I said January, he said "Darn; you turn 18 2 months before me". :D He said later taht he found me datable; he had been with Brandy before but found her too "happy" unlike himself (though he was still that happy positive kind of person, he was not the angry, depressed or mean kind, it's hard to explain, he was just into gruesome stuff. ) The 3 of us just clicked. Me and Jared talked about that stuff all the time and clicked, and Brandy was a good wholesome friend of mine; we talked all the time too.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 6:01 pm

I had a friend who thought I was cool, but he did a terrible job of taking care of my dogs when I was on vacation about a year and a half ago and we're not friends anymore. He thought that getting high was more important than taking care of my dogs. I don't know that anyone on WP thinks I'm cool, but that's okay because I'm not.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 6:05 pm

Someone once said something along the lines of "Ah thanks man you're f****** ace" :lol: I love it when people say that sorta thing about me. :) Doesn't happen too often though. :P

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 6:25 pm

Not since high school.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

flikr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Nov 2007, 6:31 pm

i hate it when family tries to compliment you, because it's always BS and it gives you a false sense of reality, it's better to know your a loser than to think you are a winner and go out in the world just to realize you are a loser, and your family is losers as well

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 6:59 pm

flikr wrote:
i hate it when family tries to compliment you, because it's always BS and it gives you a false sense of reality, it's better to know your a loser than to think you are a winner and go out in the world just to realize you are a loser, and your family is losers as well

I think most realise it isn't a valid assessment. BTW most people called cool in schools are LOSERS!! !! ! They merely do what the public wants, and the appellation is their little reward!

I have had LOTS of compliments, but I don't think I ever had one like this.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 7:00 pm

Um, I'm thinking. No.

But, on the upside, I am called 'hot!' :D

This may be qualitatively better. It's subjective.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2007, 7:07 pm

Ive been called cool a bit in collage and at work, but anytime before that and I dont think so.

Ya... i do get called cool alot online, heh...

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2007, 7:40 pm

yeah, i guess a lot of kids in my high school thought i was cool...i was the only 'punk/goth' in the school, played in a band, dressed differently, looked different, the whole nine yards. the younger grades thought i was really cool. but to me, i was just different. but it got me attention, and i thought that was what i wanted. secretly, i hated it.
now, many years later, i am again like i was in high school (doing music and art again, dressing like a 'freak' as my mother calls it), except now i have gone crazy with my hair colour and have had many different colours complimenting (finally) dyed black hair. it's just more comfortable being like this, and i feel truer to myself, more like the 'real' me.

and guess what. people think i'm 'cool' again.....
but i'm still just...different.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 7:41 pm

LabPet wrote:
Um, I'm thinking. No.

But, on the upside, I am called 'hot!' :D

This may be qualitatively better. It's subjective.

:lol: :wink:

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 7:43 pm

Nope. I've never even been called cool on WP.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 7:59 pm

In elementary school a girl apparently thought I was so cool she followed me around everywhere and copied my outfits and interests. I purposely got into arguments with her to try to make her leave, but she wouldn't. We had one last argument at the beginning of junior high. She finally got the message and became her own person.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 8:13 pm

No. Not that I can recall.

InSpades
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2007, 8:27 pm

When someone calls an aspie cool, they really mean "different". They think that we are cool for not being a cookie cutter person. It is actually kind of condescending.

The people that are actually cool, aren't called cool by other people. They just have tons of friends and, if it's a guy, get laid all the time.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2007, 9:24 pm

I don't know if I'm cool....but, I was the only punk in high school and I was true punk. Fort the 8 years prior to attending high school I had grown up in THE punk bar in Liverpool, England. I had the hair, the eye makeup, the jewelry, the clothes. High school actually didn't know what to do with me. Then I had the Scouser accent on top of it. There wasn't punk here when I came here, at least not outside of NYC or LA. So, I'm not sure people thought I was cool as much as they were scared of me.

Now, I have friends that think I'm cool because I think outside of the box and don't care what others think. I dunno.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Nov 2007, 9:30 pm

InSpades wrote:
When someone calls an aspie cool, they really mean "different". They think that we are cool for not being a cookie cutter person. It is actually kind of condescending.

The people that are actually cool, aren't called cool by other people. They just have tons of friends and, if it's a guy, get laid all the time.

InSpades, where did you get your ideas about "cool"? You've been watching too many John Hughes 80's movies. I'm not trying to be abrasive, but I don't think it's condescending at all. Maybe some people mean it that way, but I think that we need to look at it as that being the only way they can express it's okay to not be a sheeple. Sometimes I think they say cool when they don't know how to express that they are jealous that we don't feel compelled to be sheeple.