Ever been called/considered cool (besides by people on WP)?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 6:56 pm

I was called 'cool' once by a colleague/friend and she explained it was because I
didn't play 'mind games' like the rest of them. This was before I even knew about
AS so I didn't realise at the time that my mind isn't actually programmed to play
games anyway !

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 8:05 pm

Yes, I get called "cool" sometimes. I'm a rocker and I dress like it. When that style happens to be trendy, people think I'm "cool". Some people try to become my "friends" so they can be seen with a "cool" punk rocker. I ignore these people because I don't want to be a fashion accessory.

Brooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2007, 9:10 pm

Very rarely have I had this applied to me and I really don't give a bleep's bleep whether they call me cool or not. Being cool has never been that important to me. I like being respected and I enjoy being peoples friends, but coolness.....nope still not important.

Where I grew up, the cool people were always the jocks and cheerleaders and still are decades later. Just look at the show Two-a-Days. Those types were then and still are today the cool kids around these parts. Not an atmosphere I ever aspired to.

Rynessa
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2007, 9:23 pm

I joined a sorority in college, having never heard of Asperger's and trying like mad to 'find myself'. They had low numbers and I guess they weren't too picky that year. The next year, there were all these girls sucking up to me at rush events because they wanted to join the sorority. It was a very surreal experience. I started quoting Star Wars just to see how far they would go. Sure enough, they all giggled and acted like it was their favorite movie. That's probably the closest I got to being cool, but they really just wanted some letters on their sweatshirts :lol:

MsBehaviour
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2007, 5:30 am

Apparently geeks are cool this year so maybe I'll qualify for a while, but I don't really care. I've embraced my quirkiness since my teens, and still have purple hair in my 30s.

jfberge wrote:
I was in a car crash once with a friend, and didn't say anything both as it happened and immediately after. I just kept sucking on my soda straw and used my other hand to brace for the impact.

Now that is cool. :twisted:

TheZach
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2007, 5:37 am

I'm only considered cool when my technical skills are needed. Then when there not needed - I'm no longer wanted.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thezach.net/blog">My Blog</a>

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 5:53 am

Do we mean cool as in cold or cool meaning "cool" James Dean cool? Well no not really definitely not as school too daft and clumsy to be cool. Although one non-uniform day many years ago at high school an alpha female complimented my random choice of clothes and flamboyant tie. At art school a Japanese girl kind of remarked I was cool. Don't know why. Generally it refers to the way you carry yourself, confidence, apparent indifference, calmness. Yeah I'm probably not cool.Ha ha!!

Snowfern
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2007, 10:16 am

yes. because i always appear aloof, didn't dress like a 'normal girl', and am pretty good with computers.

that's before i open up to people and they realise i'm just a neurotic mess with lots of 'issues'. ha.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

20 Nov 2007, 11:27 am

I once had a neighbour who was 11 (I was 14 at the time).

She used to follow me everywhere and say..."Gosh, your so cool". Of course I always said..."Na, i'm just me" :lol:

Other than that...nope.

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2007, 11:36 am

I've always joked that I'm incredibly cool but as far as I can recall, nobody has ever said I am. :-)

I think the closest I've ever been is when somebody has been taking the piss and a "friend" has said "Nah, she's alright". That kind of comment was enough to put a great big grin on my face at high school! :-)

I am often called "different" or "weird", sometimes in a malicious way, but I think mostly not.

jfberge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 11:50 pm

MsBehaviour wrote:
quote="jfberge"] I was in a car crash once with a friend, and didn't say anything both as it happened and immediately after. I just kept sucking on my soda straw and used my other hand to brace for the impact.

Now that is cool. :twisted:[/quote]

I don't know why, but it didn't faze me at all. Must've been good Pepsi. I felt like Elwood Blues while I watched her freak out.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 11:53 pm

Berserker wrote:
Nope. I've never even been called cool on WP.

I now proclaim you as cool.

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 12:09 am

I’ve been called cool online and that’s about it. I figure being 'cool' is something I have to live up to and I can’t keep up with whatever is considered 'cool'. So my being ‘cool’ online line won’t last for long. Somebody ‘cooler’ will come along to take my place.

Whoops, I think it may have already happened. :lol:

hoqnq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Nov 2007, 3:16 am

Yup, just before asking for something they can't do themselves

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

21 Nov 2007, 11:53 am

I occasionally get called cool but it's more in the casual sense of "yeah, he's pretty easy-going" (which I hasten to add is true, sometimes! :lol:) or "yeah, he's a nice guy" than any kind of Fonz connotations!

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2007, 5:18 pm

i've been considered cool, but it's always by people who're younger than me who don't know better. the people in my age group who i'm around a lot know exactly how big of a dork i truly am.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net