Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SoupChef
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2007, 7:26 pm

Highly social people make me feel weird. Kind of annoyed and confused all at once.

And by "highly social", I do not mean people who have lots of friends or are otherwise outgoing. I mean people who are obsessed with conforming to social structures. People who play social games which I've never been able to figure out. People who treat everything like it's a junior high kickball game, and NO, you can't be on their team. Or when people say that everything "alienates" people - like my mom, when I was on a school trip to New York, and wanted to meet up with a friend who lives there (one of my only real friends), and she said no, because it would alienate other people on the trip... what the hell? Why would someone take it so personally that I want to see my friend?

Anyone with me on this?

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 9:28 pm

Hyper-social people, as I call them, immediately make me extremely suspicious - I assume that they are lying and will stab me in the back first chance they get - and I've not been proven wrong yet.

InSpades
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2007, 9:32 pm

animallover wrote:
Hyper-social people, as I call them, immediately make me extremely suspicious - I assume that they are lying and will stab me in the back first chance they get - and I've not been proven wrong yet.

My experience as well.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 10:16 pm

Yes, I'm with you.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I