Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2007, 12:33 am

Quote:
I tried working out for like five days, but then I got bored

maby you could change your routein? i try to do a variety of exercise that exercise different muscle groups.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 1:12 am

Phagocyte wrote:
I tried working out for like five days, but then I got bored.

me too but I pushed on but then I felt iwasn't going anywhere so I'm currently saving up for a personal trainer as I'm trying to gain 40 ounds and have a nice natural build that doesn't get too crazy.

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2007, 10:05 am

Phagocyte wrote:
I tried working out for like five days, but then I got bored.

Starting a new routine is the toughest part, especially if you don't necessarily know what to do. It can be boring, as you said, painful and awkward. But as you get used to the routine, these things become smaller obstacles until you're like me and you can't imagine life without working out. It also helps to do some research and know what you're doing because if you don't, you can hurt yourself.

It was the same for me with running as well. The body is not adapted yet and everything is painful and slow. But once you get used to the pain and the body gets more fit and better adapted, the pain subsides and euphoria takes over. It can take several weeks for that to happen. So it is an investment. When it got boring and painful I forced myself through and it was worth it.

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2007, 2:30 am

I find workig out to be enjoyable and addictive. Im starting to see and feel the results of my workouts its very rewarding.

KindofBlue
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Dec 2007, 12:21 pm

I jogged for the first time this morning. Well sort of. I went for a walk in the rain and with about a half mile to go (after walking 2 1/2 miles), I decided to jog the rest of the way, which lasted 6 minutes. I never jogged that long before because I am so self-conscious. However, because of the rain, there literally wasn't anyone else around the park/lake, which is usually filled with people. I encountered only 5-6 people, and none during my jog. I'm proud I did it and it felt refreshing.