Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 1:26 pm

Try putting a mirror in her cage. She will think it's another bird and talk to it. I've seen it on TV!

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 1:31 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
(Where's iamnotaparakeet?)

Here I am.

My birds are each a bit different in that respect. Let me introduce you to them:

From oldest to youngest:

Petey:

Petey has currently gone blind and searches for food with her beak and relies on her memory to lead her where she decides to go. She doesn't always like to be held, but after Peppy attacks her she wants to be held and will stay with whoever rescues her for up to an hour before asking to go back to the cage.

Patty:

My family rescued Patty from a group home where she was being neglected emotionally. She loves to hang out with people (especially when you have food, but even when you don't.) She and Pavi will come and sit or my shoulders for hours while I study or am on the computer.

Peppy

Peppy used to be nicer before Petey went blind. Then Peppy would kiss and feed Petey. But now Peppy is angry that Petey ignores him and now even attacks Petey. Before and after Peppy was never a people person and has consistently been a bully to the Cockatiels.

Picasso

Caso is a shy and loving bird. He calls out for Patty whenever they are separated and was generous when it came to feeding Pavi even after she no longer needed to be fed. Caso is timid and seldom but sometimes comes to a human by himself, but if his family are there he often comes although he remains nervous for 10-15 minutes or so.

Pavi

Pavi was born in our house and is the friendliest of all birds I have known. She loves to spend time with people and play with toys. Pavi will sit on my shoulder as I walk around the house and not be afraid. She only has one fault: she gets cranky if she is ignored and demands not to be left out of almost anything.

For some reason I was just waiting for a non "P" name at the end. Like "Chuck" or something. Change Pavi's name maybe? Chuck would be much better.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 10:04 am

KristaMeth wrote:

For some reason I was just waiting for a non "P" name at the end. Like "Chuck" or something. Change Pavi's name maybe? Chuck would be much better.

I had 2 parakeets when I was a kid: Jojo, and Carol. :lol: Carol the parakeet.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 11:06 am

KristaMeth wrote:

Maybe to Christiana after the Pilgrims Progress character?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2007, 12:52 pm

domesticated birds are the most smelly animals ever. they smell like cereal and sh-t :?

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:32 pm

richardbenson wrote:
domesticated birds are the most smelly animals ever. they smell like cereal and sh-t :?

I once met a Blue and Gold Macaw who smelled of Chlorine and spice.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 2:03 pm

Aridarr wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I once met a Blue and Gold Macaw who smelled of Chlorine and spice.

Mine smell nice, except when they bathe: then they smell like wet dogs. But there's more to friends than how they smell.