Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beauteousday
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2007, 7:35 pm

i don't understand if what i am having a meltdown or not. I started taking medication earlier this year for being bipolar and ever sense it feels like a switch has gone off in my brain. I walk around and i just feel apathetic to things, almost as though i am in a dream walking around. is this from the medication or what? before i started taking these meds, i would absolutely freak out over being in big crowds, and around different people. I would reach the breaking point and then just have to go and do my own thing by myself to regroup. but now after taking these meds i get really scared and anxious about things (especially now because i am at my parents house for thanksgiving and i don't usually stay here). i just want to go back to my apartment and be with my roomates and the people i am around every day, and then draw some pictures and watch the same shows that i do every day. i don't like being here because i can't do the same things i usually do here.

is this a part of my aspergers or am i just generally insane?

quirky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2007, 8:29 pm

I don't know if it's necessarily AS, but I hate going places for long periods of time where I can't follow my normal routine. At least I finally adjusted to my dorm to the point where I feel fairly comfortable there, almost like home. But I've always hated family vacations I was forced to go on for like 5 days - lack of TV/internet and a routine made me very stressed.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 11:59 pm

You were having a meltdown. But it also sounds to me like they've got you on the wrong meds. Good meds should just make you feel better. If you have trouble shaking them, or if you're depressed after you take them, or hyper, then you should see about getting them switched.

No. You're not crazy.

Btdt

daniel23
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2007, 12:09 am

Quote:
i don't understand if what i am having a meltdown or not. I started taking medication earlier this year for being bipolar and ever sense it feels like a switch has gone off in my brain. I walk around and i just feel apathetic to things, almost as though i am in a dream walking around. is this from the medication or what? before i started taking these meds, i would absolutely freak out over being in big crowds, and around different people. I would reach the breaking point and then just have to go and do my own thing by myself to regroup. but now after taking these meds i get really scared and anxious about things (especially now because i am at my parents house for thanksgiving and i don't usually stay here). i just want to go back to my apartment and be with my roomates and the people i am around every day, and then draw some pictures and watch the same shows that i do every day. i don't like being here because i can't do the same things i usually do here.

I am exactly the same, never met anyone like me until i came here.

When i took various anti d's none did a thing for me.