Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 1:59 pm

I'm not sure God exists or not, I don't believe in ghost and I'm not sure Santa exists. I'm not sure Jesus happened.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Nov 2007, 3:23 pm

theres two posibilities for me

1. aliens genetically engeinerrd man
2. we evolved & adapted over times

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Nov 2007, 5:45 pm

For practical purposes, I've redefined God to match the universe. One god, one universe, same thing. Instead of atheism, I can use agnosticism, also more practical. If I didn't better define God, then I'd have to be an atheist, because for God to be all-knowing and all-powerful, he would, in my opinion, have to be an entity altogether separate from this world. And thats ridiculous. According to my definition, tho, his knowledge and power are infinite. Its a subtle difference. The difference between anything and everything. And my god doesn't care how I spell his name, which is good, cuz capitalizing possessive pronouns is very boring and pointless.

I don't believe in free will, and thats the basis of all my beliefs. I will never believe in free will. That is key. Most gods are based on ideas that imply some sort of free energy or free will.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 6:49 pm

Right now I think the best way to describe my beliefs is that I'm agnostic.

KindaRetarded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2007, 7:23 am

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 7:28 am

I believe that the "Satanic rules of the Earth" are destructive and evil, whether there are Gods or nigh.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2007, 8:23 am

egodeus59 wrote:
I AM GOD :twisted: Now get down on your knees.

Seriously the only thing I believe in is myself so I am my own god.

So you're a Satanist, then?

I'm an eclectic pagan.

dorkynorky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2007, 2:32 pm

I believe in Jesus.

I believe in a young earth.

I believe that God created each of us uniquely for a purpose that is good. While we are all created in the image of God, no one of us could contain all of the traits of God. God is both intoverted and extroverted, he is both autistic and neurotypical.

I believe that as individuals we have free will. While there are a number of different pressures that can come to bear on me (social norms, individual differences, financial stresses, health issues) in every instance I am responsible for my own actions.

I wish that it was possible to know all things, but I believe it is not.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 2:42 pm

Anubis wrote:
I have no Gods, but if I did turn to religion through some change from agnosticism to being a believer, I would be a Christian, most likely. Not sure of denomination.

I am a Christian, not sure of my denomination either (although I am currently going to a General Conference Baptist Church.)

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2007, 3:12 pm

I was born Catholic. I believe there is a higher power, but whether it truly is a god or not is up to whatever is looking down at us. Thats only me. But I won't push it on anyone.