Why do so many people want Girlfriends/Boyfriends?

Page 3 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 12:57 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Space wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
pbcoll wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
...And some just want a nude female body to use...

yes, that's true of some people (not that I don't want sex, but what I really want is more than sex).

To me it's all about the sex...

Relationships are a lot of effort if the only think you want is sex. That's like getting married just so you can have sex.

I don't want relationships, just sex.

Again, I say...

jayne
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jan 2008, 9:09 am

As somebody who is 28 and never had a date, I think the reason people post that is because they want to feel affection for somebody other than a family member. I would love to date a guy, but because I am really shy, nobody really approaches me. I guess its partly my own fault, but I also have a set of criteria that would probably prevent me from dating most people (I would prefer the guy to be a Christian). I know that it limits me to whom I could potentially date, but I don't like the fact that nobody will ask me out or take that chance. In fact, most of my friends haven't had boyfriends and its never really been a priority of mine. But now that I am getting older, I really want to start to date and find somebody who could love me back for me being me and just love me for the fact of who I am and not see me as somebody who isn't dateable.

For me, I want a relationship; something that is more than sex and that has some meaning for me. But apparently, nobody is interested in me and probably won't be.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 9:59 am

To me girlfriend = sex in it but don't really care how many times we do, i.e.:- I am flexible, anyone trying to use it against me will fail...

( When someone is only after sex it's either they got a high sex drive, have not had sex for that long, or have not had sex at all... ) So go & pay for it until you feel better... or find someone active...

Supporting each other, been they for each other, doing things together, experience things together, deep trust of open communication, doing things you normally do without each other to balance it out.

Don't really think they have time for shy people any more jayne, or they just run coz they mistake us for clingy, just coz we do care for them, plus the amount of junk out they against shy people now... Maybe we will find some people that don't look brainwashed...

& why are you thinking so complicated... We are animals, we normally do try to seek out someone, just human's get manipulated by self help books, mags that females read & get caught up in the bs... You just have things in your way. Like dating I don’t really think it works & who the hell came up with the 3 steps?

But normally getting a friend to ask someone out, family member to look out for the person you’re looking for, really I think kids have better heads than adult’s most of the time. Does not help what the medical industry has done to shyness like... Just cause's more problems...

Prior To Understanding What The Problems Are, An Individual Can Head In Many Different Directions, Wasting Valuable Time & Effort. When S?He Learns What The Problems Are & What Can Be Done Then S?He Has a ?Compass? To Guide Him/Her

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:06 am

First of all, sex is widely advertised so you can't blame me for being curious about it.

Second, every now and then I get to see a couple hugging or playing or laughing and it looks like it is "nice"

Third, it looks like we are supposed to do these things.

But actually, other days I start to think about it and... as hard as it would be to actually ask someone out, the date would also be very hard and then if that goes ok I would have to do it every time! And I don't really have so much time for myself already, and then something of the sort like introducing her to my family sounds as a terror story to me.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:32 am

jayne wrote:
As somebody who is 28 and never had a date, I think the reason people post that is because they want to feel affection for somebody other than a family member. I would love to date a guy, but because I am really shy, nobody really approaches me. I guess its partly my own fault, but I also have a set of criteria that would probably prevent me from dating most people (I would prefer the guy to be a Christian). I know that it limits me to whom I could potentially date, but I don't like the fact that nobody will ask me out or take that chance.

You must live somewhere in England. American have more Christians by far.

It is very difficult to give you advice as I am not a Christian, being scientifically minded aspie. I could say don't believe in the romantic idea that god will find you somone, put you are probably aware the fact bad things can happen to good people.

All I can say is try some active searching, and do some research into relationships and dating . There might be things you never knew about.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:46 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
First of all, sex is widely advertised so you can't blame me for being curious about it.

Second, every now and then I get to see a couple hugging or playing or laughing and it looks like it is "nice"

Third, it looks like we are supposed to do these things.

THE REASON WHY PEOPLE NEED GIRLFRIENDS BOYFRIENDS.

If there was a nation of people who didn’t need anyone, that nation would have died of with the dinosaurs.

There are many different reasons for needing someone. And it is different for different people.

Mother nature is like a big fat Barry White God that orders you to “get into a relationship, it doesn’t matter for what reason, if you don’t or can’t I will punish you with loneliness until you make it top priority again. And it should be top priority O BABY!! !!”

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 8:03 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

THE REASON WHY PEOPLE NEED GIRLFRIENDS BOYFRIENDS.

If there was a nation of people who didn’t need anyone, that nation would have died of with the dinosaurs.

There are many different reasons for needing someone. And it is different for different people.

Mother nature is like a big fat Barry White God that orders you to “get into a relationship, it doesn’t matter for what reason, if you don’t or can’t I will punish you with loneliness until you make it top priority again. And it should be top priority O BABY!! !!”

You, my friend deserve your quotes to be placed among other quotes from Freud, Einstein and Hawkings.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 8:57 pm

Because aspies are lonely.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 9:02 pm

companionship

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2008, 12:50 pm

Because I simply can't do it all alone.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 3:04 pm

Because I'd like to have a nice lady to face the world with me, to spend time with, to be my companion and my soulmate. I don't think it's an unreasonable request but I'm not going to rush into anything.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 3:05 pm

I guess if I really think about it, the sex is what I really want. I just have to find someone who will tolerate me, so I can get some.

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2008, 4:39 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Space wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
pbcoll wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
...And some just want a nude female body to use...

yes, that's true of some people (not that I don't want sex, but what I really want is more than sex).

To me it's all about the sex...

Relationships are a lot of effort if the only think you want is sex. That's like getting married just so you can have sex.

I don't want relationships, just sex.

then you don't need a girl friend.

Get swinging or get your wallet out.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 4:51 pm

...Or stay alone.

silentwisdom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2008, 2:29 am

I want someone to share my life, feelings, and experiences with. Someone who will understand me, and will provide support and love (and me for her) throughout life. Also, someone who will help raise a family, which is one of my biggest dreams.

Somehow, though, I'm doubting that it will happen, at least for a while. I'm going to be 26 in 8 months, and I haven't even been on a first date yet. :(