Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:35 pm

There is nothing to discuss, because it is all nonsensical hogwash.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:39 pm

richardbenson wrote:
you know guys i think you will find that the christians in america are the only ones who like to fight about god. why do you like fighting about god? its because you think your right. and everyone else is wrong. am i right? i have flipflopped about my religious point of views but thats because i had f-up parents that forced me to go to church. i do think you can believe jesus was god without being affeliated with a denomination. the bible is plagerised anyways and inaccurate, so im not worried.

Moot Point Alert!

It appears that someone has never studied grammar.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:40 pm

Ragtime wrote:
This woman came from the "Christians are horrible!" perspective I hear so often on WP, that I thought this article very apt for bridging my perspective with WP's main perspective.

well, yes, some people who didn't like christianity change and become christians, It's been said that C.S. Lewis converted to Christianity after being atheist, but I don't know what the circumstances were.

Some people do, others don't.

I think we are having a problem on WP about generalizing things here, generalizing christians, generalizing atheists, generalizing agnostics, so in the end we end up judging a group based on a few individuals, few people that are or may be christians are not the exception.

But, this thread, clearly is response for the antichristian posts, or maybe some sort of protest?

Last edited by greenblue on 26 Nov 2007, 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:40 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
monty wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
I guess my post answered all their objections, because they're not replying. Cool! :)

If nobody corrects me, I must be correct? Give him a nudge, Parakeet!

Not at all, just asking what it might mean. :wink:

Maybe they don't have a view to share. But they do have a view, why don't they share?

Actually, I remember now: Usually, when they stall, they're working on coming up with a rebuttal to a fine point -- this time, a point not made by me, but by a true Christian-hater-turned-Christian. They're working on finding a way to discredit her, if only in part, or to make out her story as having "nothing to do with" their views. You learn these people after enough experience with them.

A TRUE Christian hater becoming a TRUE Christian? Is that possible? :P

hmmm, I guess you could say Paul was.

Indeed. My best friend was, too. He describes his former Christian-hatred in a level of detail which leaves no doubt. As he puts it, he was "full of the devil". He'd run up to Christians and get right in their faces, telling them they were deceived, when, as he says, "Ironically, all that time, it was I who was deceived." And today, I personally know no one who exceeds his simple, peaceful, and humble dedication to God's truth and its teaching. He is a completely changed man, having "the peace that passes all understanding". (Phil 4:7)

Last edited by Ragtime on 26 Nov 2007, 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 Nov 2007, 3:43 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
you know guys i think you will find that the christians in america are the only ones who like to fight about god. why do you like fighting about god? its because you think your right. and everyone else is wrong. am i right? i have flipflopped about my religious point of views but thats because i had f-up parents that forced me to go to church. i do think you can believe jesus was god without being affeliated with a denomination. the bible is plagerised anyways and inaccurate, so im not worried.

Moot Point Alert!

It appears that someone has never studied grammar.
yes and congatulations on thinking your cool by pointing that out. on the internet, when you have no decent argument its always wise to start picking apart someones grammer or spelling :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:48 pm

greenblue wrote:
But, this thread, clearly is response for the antichristian posts, or maybe some sort of protest?

Just the testimony of someone who had the perspective of many on WP, and through studying and learning what true Christianity is, had that perspective changed to mine, iamnotaparakeet's, and millions of other Christians. We all see that certain Christians, just like any flawed human beings, can be cruel, but that Christianity itself is not cruel at all, but just the opposite.

Last edited by Ragtime on 26 Nov 2007, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:50 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Indeed. My best friend was, too. He describes his former Christian-hatred in a level of detail which leaves no doubt. As he puts it, he was "full of the devil". He'd run up to Christians and get right in their faces, telling them they were deceived, when, as he says, "Ironically, all that time, it was I who was deceived." And today, I personally know no one who exceeds his simple, peaceful, and humble dedication to God's truth and its teaching. He is a completely changed man, having "the peace that passes all understanding". (Phil 4:7)

Yeah, I know it is possible, it happens, to change your mind or your views with time, becoming christian after being a non-believer, I have heard a few cases actually, but there must be a reason why that happens though, people go through some circumstances, that make them decide to convert, and they end up being Christians, different sects, some choose Islam, others Judaism, and others choose a pagan religion.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 3:56 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
This woman came from the "Christians are horrible!" perspective I hear so often on WP, that I thought this article very apt for bridging my perspective with WP's main perspective.

well, yes, some people who didn't like christianity change and become christians, It's been said that C.S. Lewis converted to Christianity after being atheist, but I don't know what the circumstances were.

Greenblue, searched for you. Here is one resource that contains information about C.S. Lewis' conversion: http://www.christianodyssey.com/history/lewis.htm

Specifically about his conversion is toward the middle.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:01 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Yeah, I know it is possible, it happens, to change your mind or your views with time, becoming christian after being a non-believer, I have heard a few cases actually, but there must be a reason why that happens though

How about God? Can't you consider that possibility? God leads them to Himself.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:05 pm

Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Yeah, I know it is possible, it happens, to change your mind or your views with time, becoming christian after being a non-believer, I have heard a few cases actually, but there must be a reason why that happens though

well, you coud say that after leaving my church, years later I find WP and find some christian stuff, which it could be taken as a call from God to go back, that thought had crossed my mind, actually.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:07 pm

greenblue wrote:
well, you coud say that after leaving my church, years later I find WP and find some christian stuff, which it could be taken as a call from God to go back, that thought had crossed my mind, actually.

That is how they trick you. Don't fall for their lies. Stay away from the light and veer away from the right.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:47 pm

greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

God's calling is more of an inner one than an outer one; God will work to show you Himself and that He loves you and wants you to be part of His family. As Trigger has demonstrated, you will have a lot of opposition and it is always easier to turn back than to come to Him.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:55 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
God's calling is more of an inner one than an outer one; God will work to show you Himself and that He loves you and wants you to be part of His family.

That bring back some memories, as they used to talk like that.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 5:22 pm

greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
God's calling is more of an inner one than an outer one; God will work to show you Himself and that He loves you and wants you to be part of His family.

He (or She).

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 5:35 pm

monty wrote:
greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

He (or She).

But "H"e Biblically. and the TNIV doesn't count since their modifications were for that purpose.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 7:28 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
monty wrote:
greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

He (or She).

But "H"e Biblically. and the TNIV doesn't count since their modifications were for that purpose.

Isn't it a linguistic change that doesn't change the nature of God, but might change how we think of God?