Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 7:06 pm

Santa Claus and Christmas at the Northpole
http://www.northpole.com/Village.html

Do you enjoy Christmas, or is it just hard work!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2007, 7:09 pm

Let's put it this way. I have often expressed the wish that I could go to sleep right after Halloween, and wake up on January 2nd. :twisted:

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 7:13 pm

I dont realy do anything on christmas so its not too hard to deal with. I do enjoy the free "stuff" even at my age :D
Few years back i did sleep through a few christmases and birthdays though, most likely just to avoid the difficulty in dealing with people to have to pay lip service to.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 7:49 pm

I really enjoy christmas. I'm mesmerised by all the lights.

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2007, 7:59 pm

I love Christmas...especially this year because I get to hold a Christmas party so I can hang out with my friends and have a good time. Fun stuff like that.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2007, 8:08 pm

i love a good story and santa clause is my favorite :santa:

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:29 pm

I don’t celebrate it. Unfortunately, that doesn’t prevent NTs from overrunning my house. THat's going to happen this year. I hate it more than anything. My stepbrother is the biggest NT a-hole on the planet, always insisting that we go around the table, for each of us to say what we’re thankful for. He caught onto my differences long ago, and insists on torturing me. Even now, after my diagnosis, my mom doesn’t understand how traumatic ithese get-togethers are for me.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 8:50 pm

Christmas has become so commercialized and far too many people have forgotten the real meaning of Christmas...Peace on earth and goodwill to all men.

I am sick of all the political correctness, the inability to say, "Merry Christmas" because it will offend "someone" and yet, I am
allowed to say, "Happy Holidays"....which is actually "Happy Holy day" by changing the "y" to an "i?"

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 5:25 am

It should be a time of year for giving, as does not have to cost, time is free. I always teach my children what you give in life is what you get back....

But saying that I am a mother and can get a little carried away with the children's excitement, so do my best to keep the magic of Christmas alive, and I'm still a bit of a child myself when it comes to the tree and all the lights.... but to be honest I'm not really a big fan of the Christmas season, the whole social thing myself, would much rather be on an island away from it all, but I have children and my husbands family etc.. etc.. so usually glad when over and know will be emotional drained...

Zsazsa I'm in agreement with you on the political correctness bit, if someone is offend by me saying "Merry Christmas" really feel they have the problem, not me somehow!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

06 Dec 2007, 5:42 am

*agrees on the commercial thing*

When someone says Merry Christmas to me, I think of the whole "MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM BOND AND BOND!! ! BUY RANDOM STUFF THAT WE'RE SHOWING YOU ON TV!! ! NOW IS THE TIME!! ! NOW NOW NOW!! !"

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 7:20 am

I love the lights, too. And presents (giving and receiving.) And I like the fact that most people I know seem to make an effort to be genuinely nice to each other at this time of the year.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 5:25 pm

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2007, 5:55 pm

I love christmas.

I've had some really bad christmases in the past due to a particular family member but he's not been home for christmas the last few years and it's marvellous. :-)

I love getting up early, waking people up, eating until I'm almost sick, giving people presents, getting new DVDs and books. My family are incredibly relaxed at christmas though - nobody cares about making an amazing dinner or buying amazing gifts perfectly wrapped. There's a lot of vulgarity in my house at christmas and usually a lot of laughing. :-) We tend not to see extended family if we can help it (apart from my sister we're all very anti-social) so we stay in our pyjamas until at least lunchtime, watch lots of TV and fight like cats. :-) My brother's friend usually turns up (during Dr Who) drunk and we all laugh at him and get him even more drunk and then he gets in trouble with his parents.

It's incredibly predictable too, which I love. We're so used to my Mum wrecking the dinner and getting all upset that we just laugh about it and eventually she comes round. then there's the inevitable "All that preparation for one day and now it's all over" from my Mum and we all laugh and say "What preparation?? All you did was buy a few presents!!"

There are times when my siblings get too raucous (usually after a lot of wine/beer) and I feel like running away but I can just ring my boyfriend or escape upstairs to watch a DVD.

Bizarrely, when the same people get together for my birthday in January, it's always torture and I hate every minute of it. I guess the lights and food must play a part.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 6:07 pm

And I'm going to party, like it's 2004! :cheers:

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2007, 6:11 pm

ah the special time when Lenin rises from his tomb and gives gifts to the children :lol:
AND
Curnunnos waking up and begins to gain power again

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 1:19 am

Kilroy wrote:
ah the special time when Lenin rises from his tomb and gives gifts to the children :lol:
AND
Curnunnos waking up and begins to gain power again

Chtulu?