Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Nov 2007, 9:03 pm

I have really weird and vivid dreams...

For example,
Last night I had a dream that my grandmother made me stitch my stomach with a thick needle and woollen string :S
There was no injury to stitch up...she was just mad at me and wanted me to stitch my stomach for punishment.
Then my dog started to lick my stitches and I was outside of myself looking towards me :S

I had another dream last night that I was sitting on one side of a lake and my house was on the other side of it. My house caught fire and I suddenly became another lady with a son who were in the house and were trying to escape..."my son" was having trouble breathing and had to have an oxygen mask...so did I...once again, I was out of my body looking towards myself :S

Does anyone have weird dreams too? oh yea...does anyone know anything about dream interpretation?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2007, 9:34 pm

yep.
i have wierd dreams like that, last nite i had a dream that i was walking on a beach and i accidently feel and turned into a pup seal and was devowerd by a killer whale. i felt every tooth
other dreams ive had.
i was mining gemtones in a canal
i went back to highschool when a tornado was issued for my area, the suspence of me trying to find a hiding space to get away from it was killer
i walked around with my actual heart worn around my neck like a necklace, and if i made any sudden moves it would drop off of me and i would die
i was at school and didnt have a meal ticket or luch money but sat down with the rest of the kids and pretended to eat
i was at the mall and bought a really girly ring and wore it and was proud of it
i was on the school bus and and got off at the wrong bustop and had a panic attack walking home smelling the trees
i had to clean up a mess outside this house i just robbed like a thug
i had sex with a grandma and like it
i was in the forest admiring the endless miles of my frostbitten kingdom, it was exilerating!
i played professional basketball and only signed sutographs my rookie year, driving the value of my rookie cards way up i only played 5 years and was great every year
i was in a mexican prison being booked, thinking to myself "wtf?"

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 9:36 pm

I am constantly having strange dreams. I think it is from the wellbutrin i am taking, so the drug interaction leaflet said. I have recurring dreams of going on a vacation. Sometimes it will be a long drive to Colorado, or tubing down a river. Its always revolved around vacations.
Every time i dream i am going somewhere for a vacation, I never make my destination. I am detained somewhere along the way. There is a wrong turn down a road that could take me to a family of flesheaters. Sometimes there is a souvenir stand on the way. Everytime, my vacation is interrupted.
I also have dreams of the ocean teeming with scary, and dangerous creatures. I can always see to the bottom of the water, but it is full of sharks, and jellyfish and weird fishes. Sometime the body of water will be an aquarium full of scary sea life. Usually, the most dangerous and scary one decides that he likes me and wants to hang on me.

I am sure that sometimes i am stressed at work or at home with My husband's law school funk floating over to me. Its probably rubbing off in my subconscious. Usually the water full of sharks means turmoil or stress. I have those around late summer before school starts. I have lots of vacation dreams around the time that school starts.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 9:37 pm

The first dream i would link with some sort of self loathing, something you regret or are ashamed of.

The second would be something to do with a perceived threat to your family.

I have no background in anything like this so dont take anything i say on this subject seriously, although symbolism does interest me.

Brittany2907

27 Nov 2007, 10:15 pm

Mindtear wrote:
The first dream i would link with some sort of self loathing, something you regret or are ashamed of.

The second would be something to do with a perceived threat to your family.

I have no background in anything like this so dont take anything i say on this subject seriously, although symbolism does interest me.

Thanks for that.

I can actually think of many things that I am ashamed of.
As far as perceiving a threat to my family...I have no idea.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 2:55 am

I dreamt once that I was in a building where you could find dead people, dead people were clasified by the way they died, there was a room for every category. In every room you could see how people died.

Kurtz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2007, 4:28 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
I had another dream last night that I was sitting on one side of a lake and my house was on the other side of it. My house caught fire and I suddenly became another lady with a son who were in the house and were trying to escape..."my son" was having trouble breathing and had to have an oxygen mask...so did I...once again, I was out of my body looking towards myself :S

My 2 Canadian cents:

The lake represents the divide you feel between "house" as a building and "house" as a home.

The fire is DANGER.

Your house smothers you now, just as it did in childhood (represented by the "son" figure), and you are trying to get yourself to see yourself objectively, see how others see your situation.

I very well could be wrong, but that's what the symbols say to me.

The first seems to be an older woman convincing you to self-mutilate, and the dog is literally "licking your wounds", or helping you heal. I remember you said that you like animals, and want to work with them for a job. Perhaps that's what this is? Your solution is a job with animals? Again, I'm not saying this is for sure, it's just my personal interpretation.

The Dog Whisperer dude was an illegal immigrant from Mexico who slept in the streets for his first couple nights in the US. He got a job at a pet groomers and worked his way up from there.

WhiteRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2007, 1:57 pm

none of my dreams are suitable for WP >.>

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2007, 6:29 pm

I had one to top all wierd dreams. (Well most anyway) I was at school, then out of nowhere, I was at my house at night. A random voice said "The world is going to end! In order to stop it, you must gather five things of five things." I don't remember what the other four items were, but I distinctly remember one of them being pudding. (Thats right! The word was saved by pudding!) Then me and some friends were in an auditorium and we were on stage. Then right in front of me, my ex boyfriend was flirting with some girl with blonde hair in a blue dress (I was pissed at that part at the time, becaue it wasn't too far after he broke up with me!) And then she turns into a flower with a male voice just before he goes to kiss her. Then I just declare to him "Don't you know? Not everything is what it seems here!"

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 7:26 pm

Kurtz wrote:
Brittany2907 wrote:

My 2 Canadian cents:

The lake represents the divide you feel between "house" as a building and "house" as a home.

The fire is DANGER.

Your house smothers you now, just as it did in childhood (represented by the "son" figure), and you are trying to get yourself to see yourself objectively, see how others see your situation.

I very well could be wrong, but that's what the symbols say to me.

The first seems to be an older woman convincing you to self-mutilate, and the dog is literally "licking your wounds", or helping you heal. I remember you said that you like animals, and want to work with them for a job. Perhaps that's what this is? Your solution is a job with animals? Again, I'm not saying this is for sure, it's just my personal interpretation.

The Dog Whisperer dude was an illegal immigrant from Mexico who slept in the streets for his first couple nights in the US. He got a job at a pet groomers and worked his way up from there.

Kurtz speaks dreams.

I agree, son=future, needs a breath of fresh air, staying at home-danger, limits future.

Grandmother is genetic, causing painful and useless actions, but dogs are loving, understanding, healing, and do not care about that human stuff.

When I am with the animals they treat me well, and they are very polite, but the question does come up, how is it that you are such a good animal, and those other humans so bad? I have no answer.

I am more than accepted into packs and herds, I am welcomed and loved. I seem closest to horses and dogs, but I have been checked out by a few bears.

There are few humans truly worthy to join the animal kingdom. They need a few good people to deal with things they cannot. They do not have money, they pay in love. You will be overpaid.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 8:38 pm

I dreamed I was visiting England and had to go to the hospital. Dr. Roger Bannister visited me. (I would like to meet him, but not under those circumstances.)

I had a terrible dream I gave birth to a child with so many problems that the doctor said he would be useful to the world only as a medical experiment.

I had a dream I adopted a Lynx point Siamese cat that roams around the neighborhood occasionally.

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Nov 2007, 12:42 am

The coolest dream I ever had:

I was at a ski resort, at the bottom of a hill. The only way up was to walk like a duck along a steep wooden track covered in ice, with your skis on. I was halfway up when I finally fell and began to slide. My skis flew off. I could see the bottom of the hill, and I realized that I would only have a few yards of stopping distance before I would fly off the cliff. I was just starting to panic when I "woke up" and took control of the dream. I thought, hey, I can do whatever I want, so as I slid off the edge of the cliff, I grabbed some lady's ankle and took her down with me. We flew into the misty nothingness and then it ended. That was the first and last time I've had total control in a dream.

When I was a kid, I had a recurring dream about little yellow blocks that would replace everything in my bedroom, and eventually they would fill the room and I'd suffocate. Theres some heavy symbolism there, but I won't explain further. Because of that dream, I tend to think that dream symbols are extremely blatant, ie no flying over water stuff.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 6:10 am

I once had a dream where I had to repair Heaven using parts of Hell, and it looked a lot like a Bush confined to a really small area. There were Scientists who for some reason I thought were Poachers.
I once had a dream where I was a Power Ranger, the rest of my family were too, and we were fighting those grey guys, my sister was the Pink Ranger and she was tied up, naturally I didn't help her.
I once had a dream where I was falling down a hill on the side of a road and I couldn't stop.
I once had a dream where I was Roller Blading down a road that was really steep and couldn't stop.
I once had a dream where snakes were trying to invade my home and I had to keep them out.
I once had a dream where I was walking over glass and I fell into the water below and drowned (I was actually suffocating myself with a pillow).
I once had a dream where there was a gigantic naked lady on a beach.
I once had a dream where I was yelling at my sister, then I woke up and realised I really was, only she wasn't there.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 1:23 am

I keep dreaming about walking around topless everywhere...it's rather odd. It's kind of nice to dream that instead of my dreams where I can't walk.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 11:32 pm

I was being driven down some road to see a large Navy ship that had been thrown up on the road by a hurricane. As I was driving by this huge vessel, armaments aboard started going off, like missiles, and some of them landed in a nearby chemical plant that was full of huge buildings which exploded in terrible flames. Somehow I got around to the the other side of the roadway and watched absolutely horrified. A guard had two dogs on a leash and they morphed into winged hideous deformed creatures that then devoured the guard. The rest of my dream went on all night where I rode on huge machines that were designed to crush these beasts, but of course as soon as one was run over the others would devour it's remains. This went on and on, as I leapt from one huge machine to another, and watched as the beasts were destroyed. At one point the creatures morphed into the shape of women so they would be taken aboard one of the machines, but I knew better. Somehow I also ended up at some posh resort and tried to tell the rich people that dogs all the world were morphing into people devouring hideous creatures.
(And yes, I do have a wee dram before bedtime.)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 11:55 pm

My strangest dream was the one that me and my friends were high on cocaine (and none of my friends or I are anywhere close to being drug addicts) and we raided a Chapters and got everybody in Chapters high. We then knocked over all the book shelves and locked all the doors to keep people out. The dream ended when we were starting to withdraw and had no more drugs left :P

Another strange dream I had was when me and this random Asian kid I that I've never seen before were throwing dragons over a fence, and they were really light, like feathers. There was no point to throwing these dragons, or at least I never learned of why we were doing this.