Page 12 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jan 2008, 11:58 pm

Also, Ron Paul's plans to end waitress tip taxes are spot on. This helps the working class too.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/no-taxes-on-tips/

It is an outrage that waiters, waitresses, and other service-sector employees have to pay taxes on the tips they earn. The IRS makes an estimate of how much service-sector workers will make in tips, and taxes them on it even if the taxpayer did not actually earn as much as the IRS' estimate!

Tips provide a substantial portion of the income of many service-sector employees, many of whom are young people just trying to make a few extra dollars to get through school, or single parents often balancing two jobs while trying to make enough to raise a family. This tax amounts to nothing more than the federal government punishing these employees for working hard and doing their jobs well.

I have introduced H.R. 3664 in Congress to end this problem. The Tax Free Tips Act of 2007 will exempt tips from federal income and payroll taxes. Ending taxes on tips will give workers an immediate pay raise, letting them keep more money to put toward things like a house or car payment, their retirement, or their own and/or their children's education.

When you give someone a tip, you should not have to simultaneously tip the federal government.

xx Dan Monster

monty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:34 am

I can understand the move to eliminate the automatic (estimate-based) taxes on waiters and waitresses. It is unfair to assume that every customer will tip.

On the other hand, it makes no sense to eliminate all taxes on tips. That is money they worked for. They should declare it and pay taxes. Why should wait-staff be privileged in this way?? Might as well exempt federal employees from paying federal taxes - why should the government give them money with one hand and take it away with the other?? That would give our soldiers and bureaucrats a nice boost in their incomes. And what about teachers?? Think of the economic benefits to these teacher-people that are often trying to raise a family, pay off student loans, and they are working for wages that are usually lower than other college grads. Don't they deserve a break? And the fire fighters and police that risk their lives every day to protect us. Or the mill workers (if there are any left in the US) - wouldn't we be making America more competitive by giving them tax free status?? Then the employers wouldn't have to pay them so much.

I know that if all of the sudden all tips were totally tax-free, many people would reduce the amount of the tip by 25-30%. Where would that leave the poor students that serve us food? And what about the restaurants that pay their staff a higher hourly rate and don't make them depend on the gratitude of patrons? Are the cafeteria ladies less deserving than the tip dependent food workers??

I think this is another example of why the tax code is so complicated. Even though everybody says they want to simplify, they can't agree on a plan for simplifying. So they go the opposite direction and create more rules, exemptions and special cases.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jan 2008, 7:38 am

I like this video.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ItmcIxe5Fs[/youtube]

xx Dan Monster

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 8:18 am

I can't believe the media blackout over Ron Paul - I was watching the Sky News coverage the other day (we have the Sky news tv on at work all day) and there wasn't a mention of him. I looked on their website and sure enough; nothing. Ditto BBC. Most Brits probably haven't even heard of him!! I hope the situation's different over there...

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jan 2008, 6:13 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
I can't believe the media blackout over Ron Paul - I was watching the Sky News coverage the other day (we have the Sky news tv on at work all day) and there wasn't a mention of him. I looked on their website and sure enough; nothing. Ditto BBC. Most Brits probably haven't even heard of him!! I hope the situation's different over there...

Yes. It's awful what they are doing and excluding him from the debates tonight speaks loudly.

Also just found this funny clip of Mike Huckabee's spokesman accidentally saying "I support Ron Paul for president"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH8QqFz_is[/youtube]

xx Dan Monster

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 7:47 pm

Squeee :mrgreen:

Bet he regrets that now...

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jan 2008, 8:15 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Squeee :mrgreen:

Bet he regrets that now...

lol. He couldn't help the freudian slip because most of Huckabee's persona now is based on what he's seen of Ron Paul. he is even caught saying Ron Paul quotes and passing them off as his own.

Here is another civilian point of view that I agree with regarding the war on drugs.
How many people serve more time in prison over drugs than rapists, pedophiles and murderers?

I'd actually like to know this. This is yet another reason why I like Ron Paul. He knows the war on drugs is a sham.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ji_Ft23BDw[/youtube]

xx Dan Monster

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 10:12 pm

snake321 wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Quote:
Sure, the middle classes may often make up the majority in developed nations, but if you fall ill, your company goes bust, or you are disabled, then SCREW YOU! YOUR CORPORATE MASTERS DO NOT CARE ONE BIT! Disabled and elderly, maybe charities, but unemployed, hahahaha!

Actually, the middle class is beginning to disappear, and fall into poverty. We'll have a depression within this year or next.

started over 40 years ago, just more evident now that grandma is dying broke and not leaving the next generation money to make it look like they are doing ok.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jan 2008, 10:59 pm

Ron Paul supporters let Sean Hannity have it for the exclusion of Ron Paul from the debates.

:heart:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNZS9ZuZcrg[/youtube]

xx Dan Monster

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 11:33 pm

LeKiwi wrote:

Because he's a non-contender for the race - a pro-life libertarian masquerading under the GOP banner...although he did better than Giuliani in Iowa :lol:

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2008, 2:21 am

Non-contender?

I think you've been listening to the news a little too much. Sounds like something you'd hear from Fox.

That was what they called him in the summer. Now they are trying to MAKE him be a non contender through showing how unfair and unbalanced they really are.

Anyways, this just in. Anyone watch CNN, Anderson Cooper?

Just look at this non contenders support. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BhnltXg1hA[/youtube]

xx Dan Monster

monty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 2:49 pm

More Racist Rantings from the Ron Paul Newsletter:

http://www.tnr.com.nyud.net/politics/st ... 32a7da84ca

Currently, the server is quite busy, but I got through. This is going to sink Ron Paul. No way that Kitsy can convince me that MLK was Ron Paul's personal hero, when this type of stuff is found in the Ron Paul Newsletter. This article describes a persistent pattern of racism.

Quote:
Martin Luther King Jr. earned special ire from Paul's newsletters, which attacked the civil rights leader frequently, often to justify opposition to the federal holiday named after him. ("What an infamy Ronald Reagan approved it!" one newsletter complained in 1990. "We can thank him for our annual Hate wh***y Day.") In the early 1990s, a newsletter attacked the "X-Rated Martin Luther King" as a "world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours," "seduced underage girls and boys," and "made a pass at" fellow civil rights leader Ralph Abernathy. One newsletter ridiculed black activists who wanted to rename New York City after King, suggesting that "Welfaria," "Zooville," "Rapetown," "Dirtburg," and "Lazyopolis" were better alternatives. The same year, King was described as "a comsymp, if not an actual party member, and the man who replaced the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration."

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 2:51 pm

Um - just gonna point you all to Drudge - and read for yourselves.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 2:53 pm

Drudge links to the same source - prolly why that server is swamped.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2008, 4:24 pm

monty wrote:
More Racist Rantings from the Ron Paul Newsletter:

http://www.tnr.com.nyud.net/politics/st ... 32a7da84ca

Currently, the server is quite busy, but I got through. This is going to sink Ron Paul. No way that Kitsy can convince me that MLK was Ron Paul's personal hero, when this type of stuff is found in the Ron Paul Newsletter. This article describes a persistent pattern of racism.

Quote:
Martin Luther King Jr. earned special ire from Paul's newsletters, which attacked the civil rights leader frequently, often to justify opposition to the federal holiday named after him. ("What an infamy Ronald Reagan approved it!" one newsletter complained in 1990. "We can thank him for our annual Hate wh***y Day.") In the early 1990s, a newsletter attacked the "X-Rated Martin Luther King" as a "world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours," "seduced underage girls and boys," and "made a pass at" fellow civil rights leader Ralph Abernathy. One newsletter ridiculed black activists who wanted to rename New York City after King, suggesting that "Welfaria," "Zooville," "Rapetown," "Dirtburg," and "Lazyopolis" were better alternatives. The same year, King was described as "a comsymp, if not an actual party member, and the man who replaced the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration."

Can you find more because the person who wrote those news letters were not Ron Paul himself and that guy was fired for putting out false statements.

I find it funny that people are bringing up false reports from 1990 now. He does not hate blacks.

He doesn't believe in pandering period or changing his face before a new crowd like some of the other politicians.

I'd also like to tell you that right now there is a covert racism going on with black men in prison for long periods of time over drug charges. Well guess what. Ron Paul is against the drug war.

How would you like to go to prison over drugs longer than rapists, pedophiles and even some murderers?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07345/840756-85.stm

Read.

Cops and bigoted jerks have been using this drug war to cover up their racism and use drugs as an excuse to lock up black men or people that don't fit in with society for too long.

Are you aware that the whole Marijuana ban was over who smoked it at that time? Blacks and hispanics. It was always racially charged.

Now we have the war on cigarettes. This one isn't just about black people but poor people. I don't see presidential cigars coming under fire :roll:

If I thought Ron Paul were a racist, I wouldn't be voting for him. He's the only one that wants our ass out of Iraq now. Not later but now. He doesn't want to police the world. He cares about America. That is what we need.

We need Doctor Ron Paul.

xx Dan Monster

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 4:32 pm

monty wrote:
Drudge links to the same source - prolly why that server is swamped.

yup