As an aspie woman, do you feel attracted to aspie men?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 12:27 am

I'm not sure if the opposite is true, but if I ever find a soulmate, I think that soulmate is most likely going to be an aspie.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 12:33 am

I only think I've ever met one Aspie man and that was after I'd already met the ADHD man who was to become my husband. But I think that an Aspie/Aspie relationship could work if they were both aware of the implimications.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 4:08 pm

No not really. All the AS guys I have met in person I find repulsive. Some of the older AS guys on WP though are interesting. All of the AS guys I've met in person except for one are the younger sort..ie all in 20's and one in mid 30's. However most of them seem to like me a lot which I just don't fathom. One of them has even been stalking me till I finally put an end to that and now he's scared to death of me. :lol:

spirited
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Nov 2007, 1:46 pm

I am looking for an aspie/autie man, and I think I would be quite happy with him. Although, I have previously gone on dates with aspies, although two that I am specifically thinking of, at first were nice, then they just got really mean. I don't think that it was aspieness that caused the meanness, i think they each had other mental problems. One of them actually stalked me, after I ended the situation, he was military, too. The other became very condesending to me, telling me I had things wrong with me because I didn't do things the way he did. In my life, I believe I have dated around 6 aspie men. None of them had a clue on what a women needs sexually, they were extremely selfish lovers. They didn't really do anything to make me feel special, and they were very insulting to me. When I would say "no" to things, it seemed to translate into, "oh, she wants to drink first" . I admire the intelligence of an aspie man, and if I could find a nice, gentle aspie/autie, I would be the happiest woman on the planet.

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2007, 2:02 pm

spirited wrote:
I am looking for an aspie/autie man, and I think I would be quite happy with him. Although, I have previously gone on dates with aspies, although two that I am specifically thinking of, at first were nice, then they just got really mean. I don't think that it was aspieness that caused the meanness, i think they each had other mental problems. One of them actually stalked me, after I ended the situation, he was military, too. The other became very condesending to me, telling me I had things wrong with me because I didn't do things the way he did. In my life, I believe I have dated around 6 aspie men. None of them had a clue on what a women needs sexually, they were extremely selfish lovers. They didn't really do anything to make me feel special, and they were very insulting to me. When I would say "no" to things, it seemed to translate into, "oh, she wants to drink first" . I admire the intelligence of an aspie man, and if I could find a nice, gentle aspie/autie, I would be the happiest woman on the planet.

Dang! Six Aspie guys and not one of them worked out? I feel sorry for you. It sounds like the Aspies you were with either weren’t aware of the way they were treating you or didn't care. If I wasn't dating my girl, I'd probably try my hand with you to give a positive experience with an AS man. Every girl that I've met tells me that I'm really sweet and thoughtful of them. I've learned a lot about women and I was diagnosed a child, so I've had 20+ years to improve myself, control my symptoms, and learn to pick up on all the nonverbal cues and stuff. I pray there's another good AS man out there waiting for you.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 2:35 pm

spirited wrote:

Please, invent a better story.... the probability of meeting six diagnosed aspies in 1 lifetime is extremely low.And what do you mean by "I believe I have dated around 6 aspie men" ?

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2007, 5:10 pm

Perhaps she just wasn't 100% sure about some of them, Prince. They're catching it a lot better than they used to, so I don't think meeting that many Aspie males by age 35 is unfeasible, especially if she was specifically looking for one each time. I could see how her story could be improbable if she claimed that she just met them all by chance, though.

EDIT: The internet is also making connecting with Aspies a lot easier. If she was using an online dating service, she could meet six easily. I'm really grateful for the internet, as I probably wouldn't have met my current dating partner. We're not an official couple yet, so that's I used that term instead of girlfriend.

Last edited by darkness2004 on 01 Dec 2007, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 5:17 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
spirited wrote:

Please, invent a better story.... the probability of meeting six diagnosed aspies in 1 lifetime is extremely low.And what do you mean by "I believe I have dated around 6 aspie men" ?

I've met over 30 diagnosed aspies in my life thus far; most in just the last year.

02 Dec 2007, 3:59 am

I'm turned on by hot aspie men.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 4:46 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:

Me too. And hot NT men. :P

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 9:54 am

Ticker wrote:
No not really. All the AS guys I have met in person I find repulsive. Some of the older AS guys on WP though are interesting. All of the AS guys I've met in person except for one are the younger sort..ie all in 20's and one in mid 30's. However most of them seem to like me a lot which I just don't fathom. One of them has even been stalking me till I finally put an end to that and now he's scared to death of me. :lol:

Well, just remember that the nappy sorts are probably the easiest to meet (probably the least socially intimidating in print as well) and that you've probably met all kinds of aspie guys in your life - very likely in that age range, where the only difference is you had no idea that they had the dx and being they probably came off just like any styled up NT you never would have guessed.

Not trying to persuade or tell you what to do, I'd just hate to see you limit your options over a string of bad catches. I think I remember a few other posters saying something similar (at least one in particular), but in their case when they say they repetitively found slobs with bad hygiene and pre-teen maturity I have to wonder if it wasn't something in their online tone of conversation or where ever else they met them which they found attractive but in reality was indicative of that sort of personality (or alternatively they maybe felt that since they had a degree of independence and strength that they're emotional needs would be met by being with a guy who needed them to lean on - hard to say).

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 12:01 pm

Aridarr wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
spirited wrote:

I've met over 30 diagnosed aspies in my life thus far; most in just the last year.

Let me guess: In a some freaking aspie gathering.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2007, 12:04 pm

darkness2004 wrote:
Perhaps she just wasn't 100% sure about some of them, Prince. .

Yeah, it seems this is a new trend to throw the label aspie on people who show 1 symptom out of overall asperger symptoms.

Brian003
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2007, 6:30 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

This proves that girls are more shallow than boys. Yup, guys win.

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2007, 3:57 am

Brian003 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

All of the women on this board (which is a lot, I think there are more females than males on WP) are about to attack you. Be prepared! :lol: :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 4:59 am

Brian003 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

How does it prove it?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I