Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 2:15 pm

If anyone with an Aspi kid (I have one) has any doubt about what the future can hold, go read the interview on the front page with Heather Kuzmich, who is an art student as well as someone who has been on America's Next Top Models.

And if you think "yeah, but she's a pretty girl," my answer is "yeah, but she's a really smart girl, and she's an Aspi."

So if your child has been diagnosed with Asperger's or anywhere else on the spectrum, go read the article.

I know that when my parents found out, they were told, they'd have to have me put away. That was more years ago than I care to count. They didn't listen. When we were told that our kid was on the spectrum, the first psychiatrist I talked to said "well, you might have to have him institutionalized." Yeah? Not true. He's 18 now, a heck of a Computer Graphics expert, a student at the NY Film Acadamy, and my biggest worry is that he's going to get a job and move across the country. Well, I guess that's what kids are supposed to do, after all.

But go read the article.

Cheers.
Beentheredonethat

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 2:31 pm

I love your post. I also love the fact that your biggest worry is that he will get a job and move across the country.

What a great worry to have!

Kris

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2007, 2:52 pm

Quote:
I love your post. I also love the fact that your biggest worry is that he will get a job and move across the country.

Sigh. Yeah, I kept thinking he'd stay young forever. Oh well. "Turn around and I'm little, turn around and I'm grown, turn around and I'm a young wife with babes of my own." Just about says it.

Btdt