I have noticed that my Asperger's is seemingly getting worse

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Q
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2007, 11:07 am

I have noticed that my Asperger's is seemingly getting worse. My enviroment has not changed, yet I experiance more meltdowns, I cannot sleep because of the recursive cycle of fearing a meltdown, having a meltdown because of it, etc.

I am, in fact, getting more Aspergic.

Picking up the phone scares me, an item in the wrong place makes me upset (dosent have to be lost, just not where I put it)

Am I going mad?!

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 11:36 am

Is it creating bladder control problems?

:P [drum fill]

Seriously though, you might just be experiencing more stress at the moment - less exercise or sunlights, even a change in diet.... any changes there?

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:11 pm

Get a hold of your brain, don't let it do this to you, make a list of all the aspie things you do that aren't good and start trying to stop them. That's what I did, and i'm not successful to be used as an example, but my life did improve a lot.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 12:16 pm

Q wrote:
I have noticed that my Asperger's is seemingly getting worse. My enviroment has not changed, yet I experiance more meltdowns, I cannot sleep because of the recursive cycle of fearing a meltdown, having a meltdown because of it, etc.

Picking up the phone scares me, an item in the wrong place makes me upset (dosent have to be lost, just not where I put it)

Am I going mad?!

no, going mad would be much easier, and besides you wouldn't be questioning your reactions if you were mad, you would be justifying them.
you are becoming more aware of how you can manipulate your own reactions to things. Just remember, if you can push yourself to be MORE aspergic reactive, you can also push yourself to become LESS aspergic reactive.

We all have situations we can press through, if only to just manifest a result we desire. I find using the phone gives me the willies because I can't 'hear' my own voice while I am speaking. I have found that the phone gives me no issue at all when I wear a headset and can hear my own voice, but when I talk on a cell phone, I resent it and will not answer it for weeks.

So. . see what you can work with. Don't try to force your self. Just do what the older folks with AS on this board have learned, and that is to live with your AS. After all, when ever we compare ourselves with people that do not experience what we do, we will always think we are somehow 'not doing it correctly.'

good luck and concentrate! :wink:

Merle

Q
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2007, 2:43 am

Thanks for all your positive and helpful comments!

Yes, I did try concentrating, but I tend to get irritible (hey, i'm irritible anyway!)

But it's odd, really. Like....odder then Elvis going on a diet....like....well....general oddness....

Still, Aspie-ship is hard and difficult to understand, funny old world really, isnt it?

besides you wouldn't be questioning your reactions if you were mad, you would be justifying them.

That made me fall off my chair, laughing.

Thank you, I needed that :D

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 3:00 am

Q wrote:

Am I going mad?!

I don't think it gets worse or better, it is just the way your brain is. There are probably things on your mind that are bothering. Perhaps stress, or depression. Depression can have a major spiral effect on me.

Best,

Idaho Aspie

TheSmilingGoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2007, 3:06 am

yer that can sometimes happen to me to