How many aspies do you know who learned to act like NTs?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Visual77
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2007, 11:09 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Greentea wrote:
But what about those like me, Inventor, who don't have skills for any kind of freelance job that earns a living?

This is where I fit in... video gaming and photoshopping pictures don't earn money (except for beta testing, but that is not a good job anyway, as they make you test all these horrible games)

Actually, the company I work for has 6 people whose primary skill is photoshopping pictures. They have some base HTML knowledge, too, but hell, an aspie should be able to learn that in 2 days.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 12:45 am

I sort of think of myself as a success story when it comes to going 'undercover' as an NT...when I was about in middle school I started watching people and taking notes on things they did, how long they looked each other in the eyes, how far apart they stood when they talked etc. I basically turned the whole thing into a system of rules, it's the only way I could deal with it. I practiced and practiced and practiced until I was almost comfortable talking with NTs. I'm pretty good at hiding my emotions and most NTs are really surprised when they find out about me. When I'm alone or with my friends/husband tho I'm myself because it takes so much energy to try and fit in.

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2007, 1:20 am

I can, but I find it extremely annoying. It makes me want to go out and smoke another cigarette...
Like something is rubbing my nerves directly 8O

I did like aurore said also.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2007, 2:14 am

Visual77 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Greentea wrote:
But what about those like me, Inventor, who don't have skills for any kind of freelance job that earns a living?

This is where I fit in... video gaming and photoshopping pictures don't earn money (except for beta testing, but that is not a good job anyway, as they make you test all these horrible games)

Actually, the company I work for has 6 people whose primary skill is photoshopping pictures. They have some base HTML knowledge, too, but hell, an aspie should be able to learn that in 2 days.

Where is your company based?