Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

HannahJoyCapps
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Dec 2007, 10:53 pm

I need to change my approach…Let me give you an example, when I was tested for Aspergers, there was a specific examination that had me put a sequence of blocks in order, I tried to fit them in order and kept on getting it wrong…In turn I tried so hard that I nearly broke the piece of equipment!...The doctor said, “Wait don’t do that those are expensive!”…I was trying to fit the round wedges into quadrangle holes…In essence that is what I’ve done socially, with my frustration I’ve struggled to fit these rotund blocks into the square gaps and its not effective at all…Thinking that somehow I’ll get a different result by the same method of trying is idiotic…Yet here I am, I try none the less like a whimpering twit, full of reckless abandon, trying to make things work in these unchanged ways, when they can’t…Part of that is indeed my deficit that I’m working on through social therapy, still its something I can only muddle through, never fully erasing it…I am destined to saunter through life with this disability, and some things I can alter other things I cannot…It is something I must deal with, and other people must learn to inform themselves about this disorder, if not there won’t be any communiqué and things will fall through, and as you’ve seen time and again in my case as in the case of many others, I’m ‘banned’ from forums…Sad truth is many people don’t wish nor do they care to know about what is going on, unable to identify what is happening they assume that nothing is amiss, and pass judgments…When there adjudicators mallet crashes downward, so do I…

Wolfgang
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2007, 6:13 am

HannahJoyCapps wrote:
t is something I must deal with
True.

HannahJoyCapps wrote:
and other people must learn to inform themselves about this disorder,
Ain't gonna' happen.

Not to be a jerk - but the sooner you accept these and move on, the better.

HannahJoyCapps wrote:
Sad truth is many people don’t wish nor do they care to know about what is going
It cuts both ways. Do you consider if EVERY person you meet each day is dealing with their own disappointments with family, career, love, and holiday shopping? No? Because you have your own saga to cope with, and so do they.

Go do what you love for ten years, fall in love, raise some babies, and try to have some fun doing it.

(Wow - this reads crotchety, but is meant in a nice tone.)

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 8:07 pm

Yeah, a guy.

You'd probably get a broader audience and a lot more suggestions if you posted in the haven forum on WP. These are serious issuess, I can understand why you would be upset, and I think a lot of other people, men and women, will too.

Just a suggestion.

Good Luck

Btdt

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 7:45 am

Wolfgang wrote:
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
t is something I must deal with
True.

HannahJoyCapps wrote:
and other people must learn to inform themselves about this disorder,
Ain't gonna' happen.

Not to be a jerk - but the sooner you accept these and move on, the better.

HannahJoyCapps wrote:
Sad truth is many people don’t wish nor do they care to know about what is going
It cuts both ways. Do you consider if EVERY person you meet each day is dealing with their own disappointments with family, career, love, and holiday shopping? No? Because you have your own saga to cope with, and so do they.

Go do what you love for ten years, fall in love, raise some babies, and try to have some fun doing it.

(Wow - this reads crotchety, but is meant in a nice tone.)
Ah, she's raising serious concerns so I don't think you ought to blow them off like that. She might not want to or be able to meet a significant other or have children so I think that's a flippant suggestion to make.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon