XBox 360 Arcade or XBox 360 Premium?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:52 am

I'm just curious about the difference between an XBox 360 Arcade or an XBox 360 Premium. I really don't know which one to get. Can anyone tell me which one they prefer?

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2007, 2:41 am

I don't know.... but I'm posting here so I'll get an e-mail when the answer comes in... I need to do some Chrstmas shopping for a kid I know... One of the few times I'll will brave the mall... *shudders*...

Let me know the best choice...

Joeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2007, 5:31 pm

It depends, really.

Arcade is cheaper, but only comes with a controller and a 64 MB Memory card.
Premium is more expensive, but comes with the 20 GB Hard Drive for memory, and I think a game.

It also depends where you buy. For the cheapest deals, EB Games is the place to shop. That's where I get my games and stuff.

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2007, 6:10 pm

Joeker wrote:
It depends, really.

Arcade is cheaper, but only comes with a controller and a 64 MB Memory card.
Premium is more expensive, but comes with the 20 GB Hard Drive for memory, and I think a game.

It also depends where you buy. For the cheapest deals, EB Games is the place to shop. That's where I get my games and stuff.

Thanks for the tip about EB Games... Saves me a trip to the mall.... *shudder*

Brian003
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2007, 8:26 pm

I would get the middle one that can also play xbox games. I don't know what that is called though.

Can the Arcade play old xbox games?

The premium just seems like a waste of money to me unless you are playing it like 6 hours a day.

My best advice is to get none and concentrate on schoolwork :). Wii is much better all around as a console system because it doesn;t suck up all your free time...but super smash still needs to come out.

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2007, 9:08 pm

Brian003 wrote:
......My best advice is to get none and concentrate on schoolwork :).

Yeah... Perhaps I agree, but the schoolwork around these parts makes my children dumb... as in homework in the form of rote, boring stuff that is lacking in challenging their intelligence, so, I’m stuck deciding whether to ‘give-in’, get an x-box for a ‘challenging escape', or force my kids to ‘dumb themselves down’…

Hmmm..., no-brainer… I’ll buy the x-box, and I allow its use when the homework is done… Hurrah! X-box with moderation, I don’t see a problem…

Brian003 wrote:
......Wii is much better all around as a console system because it doesn’t suck up all your free time...but super smash still needs to come out.

Yes, I’ve heard that Wii is a better choice since it involves physical activity. In fact, maybe Santa could bring me one for Christmas. I hear a lot of senior citizens are buying the Wii…

Thanks for the feedback…

Joeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2007, 7:38 am

Uh... Core, I think it was called. I'm not sure, I think they discontinued them in favor of the Arcade...
You need the 20GB Hard Drive to play the older Xbox games.

The Wii is popular, no doubt, but this was for the 360. And again, EB Games is the place to buy. They sell new systems cheaper than any other stores, as well as used systems.

A good work and play system makes all the difference. :)

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2007, 3:05 pm

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/comp ... WT.svl=nav

See "Which console is for you?" table.

I just bought an Arcade system. It's pretty awesome, but the lack of memory is already hurting me as I can only fit a few Live games onto my memory card.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 12:30 pm

Thanks, you guys. My mom and I already ordered an XBox 360 Pro for my brother. It's going to be a very small Christmas, but it will be fun. Each of us asked for one game for the console. Plus, I'm on a small quest to collect the entire Halo trilogy. The game I want is Mass Effect. Right now, the game I don't want is BioShock. That game looks like a Resident Evil meets 1984 type of game. My brother is getting 3 games. He is getting Call of Duty 4, Halo, and some air force game.

Oh, and Brian, I don't play video games in college. I forbid it. Besides, this console is for my brother. I personally want a Wii, but because we're not really an 'active' family, an XBox 360 is a better choice.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Joeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2007, 12:07 am

No problem, glad I could help.

Ah, Halo 3. Soon, soon it shall be mine. :D