Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 10:41 am

Do you know where I can get a booster seet strong enough to a heavy person. The problem is that my mum has a knee problem and finds getting out of the car very hard. I have looked in Halford but seets they have are made of of hollow cheep plastic. Actually I would like one also as I like to sit up upright.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Dec 2007, 10:51 am

goodluck in your search for a heavy duty booster seat. i dont think they sell them

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2007, 12:04 pm

This swivel seat may help your mum. My grandmother has arthritic knees and uses one to get out of my mum's car.

As for sitting upright, maybe look for a wedge of heavy-duty foam to put behind your back?

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 12:20 pm

Macallan wrote:
This swivel seat may help your mum. My grandmother has arthritic knees and uses one to get out of my mum's car.

As for sitting upright, maybe look for a wedge of heavy-duty foam to put behind your back?

Thanks, this is what one of my workmates recommeneded to me. It might be worth a try. However, the biggest issue is that my car seets are to low, just like in my sisters car. And my mother is too heavy for a child booster seat.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 1:08 pm

I think they build the whole car lower anymore...some of the new ones are like sitting on the ground.

Doesn't say how thick this one is, but it looked better than the other ones that came up in search for me:

Swivel seat

They have a grab handle too that doesn't look too bad.

Grab handle

You might be able to find a better price...but it gives you an idea.

Hope you find something that works out for you!

virtus_furtim
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2007, 2:14 pm

Hello, This site may offer something similar to what you need, www.columbiamedical.com, unfortunately they are in the USA, and probably horribly expensive. It is interesting that it looks like they have Medicare Codes, the closest thing we have to national insurance. Perhaps it is covered by your national program, and your physician clinic could source it for you? Good Luck and Kind Regards. vf

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2007, 7:15 pm

Blankets on the seet, it is as simple as that. It is amazing how a simple problems can be over engineered.