Play older games purely for nostalgia?

Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Nov 2009, 12:59 am

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: Another Story is a really fun game. It is one of the best games I've played hehe mainly because I'm obsessed with the anime.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 3:11 pm

I play Harry Potter 1 and 2 on the original Playstation for nostalgia. EXTREME nostalgia... It's the best feeling in the world to play those games for me. Nothing equals it...

I also play Dino Crisis but I find that game fun as well as nostalgic.

Alien Trilogy is another game, though not as fun or nostalgic.

Nostalgia is the best feeling in the world, I live for it even if living in the past isn't a good thing to do.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 4:29 pm

I enjoy also the DOS Prehistorik games:

http://dosdose.com/game/4/prehistorik_2/
http://dosdose.com/game/9/prehistorik_1/

I used to play them in elementary school during a long break before the IT class.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2009, 6:36 pm

I still play Atari 2600 on occasion.

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2009, 10:37 pm

Just recently I found Bug Bunny Lost In Time at Smith's Family for $3; I used to have it on PSX but I threw it out in an act of foolishness.
To play it again reminds me of a simpler time before I began high school... long before.

Also, no Punch-Out!! will ever beat the original NES game! All others just don't have that good feeling about them.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2009, 5:29 am

I played Dig-Dug on the PC XT in the 80's (With a speed of approx 8.29 Megahertz).

I also played games on my cousin's Commodore 64. Beach Head and Wizard of Wor and Beamrider were my favourites.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2018, 12:56 pm

When I play games, I usually play games on PS2, Xbox Classic, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1 and Saturn. I am really annoyed with DLC and In-Game purchases, which is why I usually never play any newer games.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:03 pm

I don't often go back and replay games I've already played anymore as I have a backlog of epic proportions that only gets bigger as I add new games to it. However, I have been known to do it once in a blue moon. An old favourite can be like comfort food for the soul. I'm also a big fan of non-nostalgia, which is the act of checking out new favourites from older games. I commonly do it when games are re-released on the PS4 or another system I own. Personally, if a game is new to me I don't care how old it is, especially if it reminds me of the past.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:22 pm

Tross wrote:
I'm also a big fan of non-nostalgia, which is the act of checking out new favourites from older games.

I've been doing some of that lately. I've got a Win98 machine set up right now, and I've been playing Tomb Raider and Deus Ex, as well as some old friends (which I may or may not have ever finished). Even Quake 2 isn't quite as bad as I remember.

Sometimes I get so caught up in it, I stop to look around me, and realize I'm not at home in my old bedroom :oops:

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:04 am

Tross wrote:
I don't often go back and replay games I've already played anymore as I have a backlog of epic proportions that only gets bigger as I add new games to it. However, I have been known to do it once in a blue moon. An old favourite can be like comfort food for the soul.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I very rarely replay games, and if I do replay a game, it's one that I love and want to experience again. And my tremendous backlog doesn't help much either. For better or worse, I'm generally the type that plays a game once and then moves on to another.

Ants
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2018, 1:23 pm

I'm always go back to older games. I find SNES games so much harder to complete than newer games.

Super Probotector (Super Contra in the U.S) is one of the hardest games going, love it though.
Every few years I will wiz through 120 stars on Mario 64.
I recently tried Gauntlet on the NES, that was fun.
I must have completed Zelda: Ocarina of Time a number of times and recently did Majora's Mask. I'm on Breath of the Wild at the mo.
Another series I go back to every few years is Resident Evil, the original remake on the Game Cube is probably my fav. I tend to stick to the proper series.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Mar 2018, 4:23 am

Alot of the games I play are for older systems that I have like SNES & Nintendo 64

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 7:41 pm

Yes, not all of the games I played growing up are the best objectively, but it's nice to revisit them or finish some unfinished business now.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 3:18 am

A while ago, I felt depressed, so I dug up my old N64 and blew the dust off it. Then, I played through Paper Mario again. I absolutely love that game. It's one of the few games that is absolutely perfect in my eyes.

I wish I were better are Power Bounce though...

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 7:48 am

Paper Mario will really mess up your analogue stick, though >_<

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jun 2018, 5:45 am

A few years back I managed to finally complete the PC version of Grand Theft Auto III