Poll ended at 06 Jan 2008, 12:55 am
Yes 88%  88%  [ 89 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 101

Capriccio
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2008, 12:24 pm

People used to pick on me, though at about 9th grade I wasn't gonna take it anymore. Some hotshot kept saying to me, "You're f*cking gay!" He kept pestering me for a bit, then finally in math class, I walked up to his dsk (I think after he threw a wad of paper at me), I said, "Do you have an issue with me?" He made some kind of smart-mouth comment, then I said, "Alright, is it a fight you want? Cuz you can have the first punch."

He never spoke to me again :)

Mademoiselle_Cafeine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2008, 11:51 pm

I've been bullied till I went to college.
When I was younger it was because I wasn't a pretty girl ( I was odd, fat, much taller than the other kids, I wore braces and glasses), I was terrible in sports, I kept hurting myself during Gym classes 'cause I'm not very coordinated and I have fragile bones and hypermobility in my joints, I was also very quiet and shy, I hated to talk to anyone besides my best friend Klaus (but, even though we knew each other since kindergarten, we only became good friends when I was 10, before that, I was always alone). Later, when I was in High School, me and my friend Klaus went to separated schools and I was very lonely. I found a nice group of friends, but our whole group was considered just a bunch of freaks. The older boys kept on calling us like that till their graduation. When I went to college, things changed. I knew much more about some subjects than the other students, so they all wanted to study with me. I started dating a very popular boy (it didn't work out, obviously) and his friends were nice to me, most of the times. I made a few good nerdy friends there. They are part of my RPG group and we are very good friends indeed.

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2008, 6:57 pm

[Abridged]

I'm with the worse cases in this thread.

I think it wouldn't have been as bad for me if I either had support from classmates/ friends, teachers or family instead of conforming all three a no-escape situation.

For example, during 2nd grade I had some degree of social life; during 3rd and 4th I was forced to seat in a desk separate from everyone else and soon I noticed I had no one to hang out with when the weekend arrived. I had cases of teachers getting everyone to call me names meaning "fa***t" or some other thing. . .
Then, during high school, some of the teachers were so ridiculously abusive I, in one case, even had classmates stand up for me.
I have an uncle with jock mentality who still talks an incredible amount of aggressive alpha male wannabe thrash; the only time I was to stay with him alone - when I was about 6 - he suddenly began calling me "b***h" and "fa***t" for no reason at all.

Most of the bullying directed at me felt like fighting a swarm rather than being scared of a specific bully. I kept getting in trouble for beating people up but it was no use so I disagree with those that think beating people up earns you respect; it sure is a pleasure but they keep coming back in numbers. . . I remember not being able to make my mind on who to beat up out of a certain group spitting at me or whatever. . .

Trying to team up with whoever else was bullied didn't work either because they would automatically backstab me hoping to gain some standing and would be bullied again once I was out of the way.

My worst years were towards the end of primary school. I was bullied more and in more ways.
The bullying I experience now comes in the form of loser at work trying to ridicule me.

chella
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2008, 11:41 am

Yeah I had a problem with that off and on while growing up. When I was younger I was picked on a lot for being the shy, quiet, smart girl. People always thought I was weird and I didn't really know how to make friends cause I'd just play by myself. Then when I got older I was seen as the shy, quiet, weirdo and people would talk bad about me and snicker when I'd walk by or look over. People suck lol :\

sam4
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2008, 12:20 pm

yah.. I remember my days at school.. bullying had me having to run all day long :< .. well, those first years were hard to catch :twisted:

j/k 8O

Stealth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2008, 8:34 pm

I use to be bullied. Elementary School was by far the worse years of my life.

dreyah
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2008, 11:28 pm

People in school called me "robot girl" because my voice doesn't really change in pitch, and I lack facial expression for the most part. Everyone would immitate me and taunt me by making robot movements. I don't know if that is the same as being bullied, but it made me feel bad about things I can't change.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 11:54 pm

I was bullied all the time at school.

Bako
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2008, 2:15 am

Yes, by students and teachers too sometimes, and I can't really remeber how often, it's kinda blurry. I know one thing for sure though, I didn't like it.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 5:40 pm

I was a really small boy . My growth spurt did'nt come untill my 20s.

Now that I'm big enough to stand up ( with a chance) for myself physical intimidation doesnt count anymore.

Sometimes I would prefer it the old way. I least I KNEW when I was being bullied.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 5:51 pm

I was harrassed, but seldom physically. I guess no one would get much status from beating me up, I was too weird. I also knew some karate. We had wrestling in gym class, and I took on one of the bullies. I lost, since he was stronger than me, but it took some time and effort, which he didn't expect! (and I couldn't fully make use of Ju-jitsu because of the rules). I was mostly just ignored after that, but in high school someone set fire to my jacket while I was wearing it. Nothing bad happened, I put it out. The next year, I got into art and did some drawings of skeletons, which the art teacher displayed. The same kids that picked on me came up to me and complemented me on my talent.

Fridge
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2008, 2:06 pm

I was bullied constantly until I eventually relised that Iwas a lot bigger and stronger than those doing the bullying.

After that, I would wait for an opportunity to get them alone then beat them up, sometimes really badly (I put a couple of them in hospital:One lost a kidney).

They would still cme at me in numbers, but it quickly became apparent they were doing it for their own protection rather than the pleasure of bullying in a gang.

When it still didn't stop I would follow rthem home to find out where they lived, then damage their houses by breaking windows etc.

That eventually worked and I was finally left alone...

venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2008, 4:59 pm

Always. At school really bad. And at work. 20 years ago. So I do anything possible to avoid these situations. Lack assertiveness also. And very different. I feel weak.