Poll ended at 06 Jan 2008, 12:55 am
Yes 88%  88%  [ 89 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 101

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 12:55 am

I was/am always bullied. I cannot stand it. It is like there is a giant stamp on my head that says, "Use and Abuse Me"

Are you/were you bullied much more than most other kids and now in adult life at work?

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:06 am

At school from Nursery until leaving (age 4 to 17) although the last term weren't too bad since leaving school no not at all I will always exit the situation rather than tolerate it even if this means losing a job or my home.

Last edited by iceb on 07 Dec 2007, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:06 am

Siblings and cousins bullied me, parents and older relatives bullied me, 'friends' bullied me, the one friend I have today used to bully me, many of the kids at school relentlessly bullied me through middle school and there was some bullying in grade school, and a few isolated incidents in high school.

People would often insult me and I wouldn't even notice it until I thought back on the event months later.

So, um, yeah...

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:08 am

Always..

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:10 am

why is this stated in the PAST tense?

Is there some magic thing that happens to you when "bing" you are touched with a wand and you don't get bullied any more?

I haven't found that to be true. I find people bully you no matter how old you are. Of course, my reaction has changed over the years, but being bullied is not and will never be in the past for us.

Merle

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2007, 1:13 am

School was hell. I thought I was over all this, but today I found out that someone said something mean about me at work. I'm in such a bad mood now. When do people grow up? This is ridiculous.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:15 am

People quit bullying me after I graduated college. Why? Due to not yet finding employment, I'm no longer around any people to be bullied by, and I avoid family just enough to stay away from being bullied most of the time(with one exception). Fortunately, this at least isn't physical bullying and hasn't been near as malicious as in the past. Distance works wonders.

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2007, 1:17 am

I don't really get bullied. In high school I purposely gave off an air of "I can bust a Columbine". I wasn't the type but people didn't know that. My school principal even gave me large bags of skittles of M&Ms on a regular basis. I didn't ask for them but he gave them to me. None of the jocks even talked to me. I don't think they even knew my name.

Actually, I did get bullied in college. By then, I thought it was a good idea to behave more docile. Unfortunately, I over did it and became pray.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:19 am

I was fine before high school, it got realy bad there. I didnt attend the last year and few months in the 3rd. I always got in trouble for "sticking up for myself", i began to feel like i should be helping them out a little by banging my face against thier fist to save them the trouble.

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

07 Dec 2007, 1:24 am

I was always bullied in school, and am still in my professional life in subtle ways if I let it happen. I was bullied by my ex-wife :oops:. For the most part I haven't experienced this in adult life, as I have a fairly intimidating look on my face, no matter what I'm feeling, and besides I am six foot one and 260 lbs, but I am a target for it still if you get past my size and appearance.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:24 am

"Bullied" in the physical sense, yes. As a kid. Girls bully, too. And I was usually on the receiving end--- I was small, odd and un-armed. My only saving grace was I was fast. I could usually outrun most kids--- which only helped if the bully didn't launch a surprise "guerilla" attack.
"Bullied" in other ways? I suppose so--- girls are notorious in general for talking behind other girls' backs. Even I was guilty of it at times. Girls can be meaner with their mouths than they ever could with their fists. I had a difficult time in school at least until highschool, where I found other misfits to befriend.
Girls react to verbal bullying/teasing differently than boys do. Not always, but often when it gets to a boiling point. It's kinda odd how it's still more often the teased boy that "snaps" and shoots up his school. Not too many girls do anything like that--- what is that?

Eire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2007, 1:29 am

skahthic wrote:
It's kinda odd how it's still more often the teased boy that "snaps" and shoots up his school. Not too many girls do anything like that--- what is that?

I've been thinking about that too, how I've never heard of a girl/woman shooting up a place. I have to admit in middle and high school I thought about it on occasion, but I never would have really done it.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:35 am

Yes. Other than being poked fun at, or made fun of once in awhile by the same assclowns, I don't get bullied. It was much worse in school than it is now.

psychedelic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2007, 1:37 am

I think it has to do with testosterone. Not only does it make us guys more aggressive and stronger, it also supposedly makes up more impulsive. It's actually more complicated than that. I think there's actually some connection with suicide bombers.

"We band of brothers, we few we happy few" is the name, I think, of a presentation by a psychiatrist about the male psychology behind suicide bombers.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:51 am

In my primary school there were two boys who were always making stupid comments concerning me. I hated them. Once they and other two boys from our class closed me in our school cloak-room. If I was a dictator (like Adolf Hitler who sent to concentration camps his ex-teachers and schoolmates who were disliked by him) I'd put them to a camp where they'd have to work for no money, give blowjob to people suffering from syphilis and eat only stale bread and water :twisted:

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2007, 1:57 am

Females can be the worst bullies to deal with. They’re great at making your self-esteem drop to nothing in just a few well placed words. They come off as giving friendly advice and you don’t realize what has just happened until you’ve had some time to think about it.

I haven’t been pushed around since college. Even then, their idea of bullying was purposely excluding me from interacting with other students by spreading rumors.