How does being SEEN *QQ* make you feel?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 8:26 am

Are you ok with being out there and noticed by others? How are you with making eye contact? Do you feel comfortable or does it trigger you to no end?

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

11 Dec 2007, 8:36 am

Rubbish at eye contact. It only happens when alcohol is around.

Margrethe
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2007, 8:39 am

I often have days when I don't want to go out and be seen at all.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 8:42 am

I'm ok with it.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 8:55 am

It feels like someone can look into my soul when I look at someone in the eye. Makes it vulnerable. That's all I can say to describe it. It makes me all warm and tense and "uuurgh".

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 8:58 am

I think this is why i love the net so much. I can be invisible.....sometimes it's just too painful to be seen. Really it hurts...I wonder why....

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 9:03 am

One time at school I got told of (as usual) by my teacher for not doing my homework. She kept staring at me and tutting, asking why I never did my homework etc, and I made myself look her in the eye because I wasn't going to let her make me back down.

By the time she sent me back to my table, I was completely stressed out, and I sat down, put my head in my hands and tried not to cry. It's really obvious when I'm just about to or trying not to cry, and two girls along the row of tables were looking at me, probably concerned, and I just looked at them and went "SHHHHHH".. they weren't saying anything so I don't know why I said that.. must have been the stress of it all messing my senses up or something. I don't like being looked at when weak.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 9:10 am

I think there's something to the shhhh sound - reminscent of gushing water or steam that is calming to the psyche. There's even a yogi breath used with this sound to release.....

Teachers are really good at focusing - most of my worst times in life were in the classroom. And funnily enough - or ironically enough - I did my best to disrupt the classroom at every venue - I just despised the whole atmosphere and teacher was just the cherry on top.

LadyMacbeth wrote:
One time at school I got told of (as usual) by my teacher for not doing my homework. She kept staring at me and tutting, asking why I never did my homework etc, and I made myself look her in the eye because I wasn't going to let her make me back down.

By the time she sent me back to my table, I was completely stressed out, and I sat down, put my head in my hands and tried not to cry. It's really obvious when I'm just about to or trying not to cry, and two girls along the row of tables were looking at me, probably concerned, and I just looked at them and went "SHHHHHH".. they weren't saying anything so I don't know why I said that.. must have been the stress of it all messing my senses up or something. I don't like being looked at when weak.

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2007, 10:06 am

I feel just fine. If people want to behold the beauty that is me, then who am I to deny them? :wink:

jjstar wrote:
I think there's something to the shhhh sound - reminscent of gushing water or steam that is calming to the psyche. There's even a yogi breath used with this sound to release.....

It mimics the sound of the blood rushing through the veins of your mother when you were in the womb, reminding you of the safety there, and is therefore calming.
It's the only "word" that exists in every language, (even Finnish which doesn't even have that sound) and that everyone in the world understand equally well.
It's common to all mammals, so all mammals relax when they hear hushing.
Good thing to know about if you ever happen to meet a bear or something.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 10:14 am

People are my main sensory issue, just them being them. Naturally, I don't like being in the presence of people. I don't do eye contact.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 10:51 am

wow ion - that is so beautifully said.

ion wrote:
I feel just fine. If people want to behold the beauty that is me, then who am I to deny them? :wink:

jjstar wrote:

It mimics the sound of the blood rushing through the veins of your mother when you were in the womb, reminding you of the safety there, and is therefore calming.
It's the only "word" that exists in every language, (even Finnish which doesn't even have that sound) and that everyone in the world understand equally well.
It's common to all mammals, so all mammals relax when they hear hushing.
Good thing to know about if you ever happen to meet a bear or something.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 10:57 am

I've had to practice eye to eye contact. It isn't easy. As much as I do it, I still feel like there's some picture in my eye that they're staring at. Very uncomfortable, but in order to pass as NT, you have to do it.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 11:28 am

There's that old indiginous belief of about photographs stealing your soul. Wow odd that it is so close to what some people feel when others are eyeballing/staring/viewing them. It's uncanny how this almost feels like an invasion, like skin is too thin, that there is an element of tranparency to oneself and all is available for all to see. There are ways around it - hiding is good, camafloging oneself is another- I do that rding the world incognito. 8)

Andrina
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2007, 11:44 am

I don't exactly feel comfortable being watched - or having someone watch what I do - but normally it's not so bad I can't handle it.

Eye contact on the other hand is very difficult, it almost feels intimidating to me. I keep trying though.

Immured
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2007, 11:57 am

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to.
But it all depends on why they are looking.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 2:47 pm

It depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm feeling bad, I feel like people can see it in me. If I feel good, I'm not thinking about being seen, so it doesn't matter. But in general, I'm never excited about being seen. I'd rather stay in and hide from the world most of the time.