Children's joins autism network and Children's leads...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:26 am

Children's joins autism network (The Enquirer)

Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is the newest member of a national network that will give families affected by autism access to the latest research and clinical trials.

Work by researchers and clinicians in the Autism Treatment Network could one day lead to more definitive methods for diagnosing and treating autism, said Patricia Manning-Courtney, medical director of the Kelly O’Leary Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, part of the division of developmental and behavioral pediatrics at Children’s.

“This opportunity presents a real marriage of the clinical and the research world,” she said. “It puts Children’s at the national table in setting the framework for how children with autism should be evaluated and followed medically.”

more...

Children's leads research for autism project (American City Business Journals)

As researchers' understanding of autism deepens, a collaborative that includes Nationwide Children's Hospital is using $1.5 million from the federal government to make Ohio families a part of the research.

The funding was recently allocated in a Department of Defense appropriations bill for an autism registry and gene mapping research project that brings together Nationwide Children's, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and Dayton Children's Hospital. The goal is to recruit families and enroll them in a registry that would be used to identify autism subgroups and conduct genetic research, said Dr. Gail Herman, director of the Center for Molecular and Human Genetics at the Nationwide Children's research institute.

Autism, estimated to afflict 34 out of every 10,000 children, encompasses a wide range of degrees of impairment, which affect communication skills, social interaction and behavior patterns.

more...

- Emerson

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 4:54 am

Well, it's about doggone time!

Thanks for posting this, MM.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 10:38 am

Here we go again, Wunderwaffen for the Herrenvolk. The Department of Defense puts up $1.5 Million?

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is involved? The Roswell crash remains and bodies were last traced to Wright-Patterson. There are some pictures showing that one was still alive.

If they are starting a registry and conducting genetic research, well where could you find a brain that could process thought in a human-alien hybrid? You would need someone not socially dependant, as they will be raised in a box, that can focus on what comes from within. Someone with a super high IQ, a technological bent, and obsessive drives.

Their alien genetic memory could be brought out by loading them with images of the aliens, a video game for the mind, perhaps done in sleep. The host body only has to know enough human to type in English. Just being exposed to the crash remains would bring out a natural memory of how that works.

Females would be best, for their eggs could be again implanted, making a three-quarter hybrid. With a hospital fronting for egg harvesting, in twenty years a quarter human could be made. Educated in Science, typing English, with Aspie super powers and Alien DNA.

As they would come out 50-50, they could be bred. $1.5 Million to a hospital? I wonder what whole program funding is? Wright-Patterson got a $42.5 Million toilet seat?

I still think our natural place in this world is as a Think Tank. We have an other view, and a wide range of deep knowledge. Once they get the genes mapped, Private Schools, funded by Wright-Patterson, will offer scholarships to some.

This type of behavior is just what I would do. Ambassadors to the Aliens? A middle race? Young blood to add to their old line? Genitic reverse engineering? I would not only do it, I would want to date her.

And where do they get Autism affects 34 out of 10,000 children? That seems half the number I have been hearing, 1 in 150. Are they narrowing the study to Aspie/HFA. I would, the breeds have to talk.

Our WP based Think Tank is progressing well. Our front is a Publishing Company. Geology, Soil Science, Botany, Zoology, Technology, Human Studies, and of course, Art and Writing. The deeply obsessive are welcome.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 10:52 am

Yeah, well, the military explores all kinds of "interesting" ideas, like psychic soldiers, manchurian canidates, military applications of LSD. They're very optimistic pessimists. :wink:

- Emerson