Christians Fight Back in the War Against Christmas

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:39 pm

Quote:

New York police have arrested 10 people following a vicious subway attack that began with a Christmas greeting.

Witnesses say the group of young men and women wished everyone on board a "Merry Christmas".

When four Jewish subway riders responded by adding their own "Happy Hanukkah" they were pelted with anti-Semitic remarks before being beaten, police and prosecutors said.

Another passenger, a young Muslim man from Bangladesh, then jumped in and helped pull the four victims away.

http://www.wrex.com/News/index.php?ID=24603

I guess the Christian right-wing extremist noise from FOX and friends is starting to bear fruit. People should be on notice that when someone wishes you a Merry Christmas, you should reply the same way.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:44 pm

Thats sick. :( I',m tired of how everything is all about christmas! there are other winter holidays too! how DARE they beat them for their beliefs?!

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2007, 10:46 pm

That guy is what you call a "redneck," and if you read further in the article you'll see that he was arrested on hate crime charges. Please don't judge all Christians by this redneck idiot.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:53 pm

Sure, that guy (or the group of ten that were apparently part of the attack) could be described as 'rednecks' and various other descriptors.

I do think it is a social expression of the whining and intolerance of a large number of Republican Christians who don't want to call holiday parties anything other than Christmas parties. They go on endlessly about how America is a Christian nation, and how there is a danger in accommodating people that are from some other minority religion. This time last year, one of them was telling me that if he went to Israel, he would wish every one a Happy Hannukah, because Israel is a Jewish nation and he would be a guest there (and America is a Christian nation in his book, so Jews and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists and atheists should all conform to that).

When a President of the United State make statements along these lines, you know that things are going wrong. And his son, the current President, has done even more to encourage fanaticism.

Quote:
Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/atheist.htm

Yes, arrests were made. Because the Constitution and laws are secular and guards the rights of all citizens. But the intolerance being spread by the religious right as part of their fictitious "War on Christmas - we are so persecuted" is BS.

I'm cool with Jesus, but some of his followers have me worried. Especially in the US.

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2007, 11:51 pm

Quote:

New York police have arrested 10 people following a vicious subway attack that began with a Christmas greeting.

Witnesses say the group of young men and women wished everyone on board a "Merry Christmas".

When four Jewish subway riders responded by adding their own "Happy Hanukkah" they were pelted with anti-Semitic remarks before being beaten, police and prosecutors said.

Another passenger, a young Muslim man from Bangladesh, then jumped in and helped pull the four victims away.

http://www.wrex.com/News/index.php?ID=24603

I feel sorry for that muslim guy...., Allah is going to roast him in hell for helping out a Jew!! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 4:59 am

Chuchulainn wrote:
Please don't judge all Christians by this redneck idiot.

Of course not, just the right-wing christians maybe :P

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 9:12 am

Well, you can tell him I have developed a rounded dislike of all forms of Christmas. Just call it the Winter Eating and Drinking Festival and have done with it.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 10:53 am

That's true. Let's return to the TRUE origin of Christmas, which is the Saturnalia.

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2007, 10:54 am

pandabear wrote:
That's true. Let's return to the TRUE origin of Christmas, which is the Saturnalia.

QFT

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Dec 2007, 11:04 am

war on xmas? is that a joke? look around you people. everywhere you look there's trees and people pretending to be santa to give little kids false hope and xmas music playing in every single mall in america. Those who celebrate xmas are the same ones turning it into a way to sell more products.

xyzyxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 12:03 pm

jfrmeister wrote:
pandabear wrote:

QFT
Please don't use the abbreviation "QFT" without proper context. Did you mean "Quoted For Truth" or "Quit Frickin Talking" ?

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 12:23 pm

Intolerant morons. Whatever happened to the christmas spirit?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 3:30 pm

Anubis wrote:
Intolerant morons. Whatever happened to the christmas spirit?

What a bunch of Ebenezers :P

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 4:17 pm

Sad thing is they really believe theyr being persecuted by not being allowed to persecute or segregate others. Just shows some people refuse to learn from history.

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2007, 7:02 pm

there alway those extremist in all religions who go out of their way to make out there religion is the best and they dont consider the other peoples beliefs and respect them. Its terrible.

Another thing im in disagreement about is the term 'xmas'. why take 'christ' out of christmas? Is it to be lazy while writing cards out? is seems like where not celebrating christs birthday and nor crismas has become xmas and is only about martirilistic values.

xyzyxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 11:33 pm

Lonelybonesey wrote:
there alway those extremist in all religions who go out of their way to make out there religion is the best and they dont consider the other peoples beliefs and respect them. Its terrible.

Another thing im in disagreement about is the term 'xmas'. why take 'christ' out of christmas? Is it to be lazy while writing cards out? is seems like where not celebrating christs birthday and nor crismas has become xmas and is only about martirilistic values.
I always thought it was shortened to Xmas to make it shorter, but the meaning is still there. An X is a cross, which is the symbol of Christ.