Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2007, 10:46 pm

Farewell

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 10:51 pm

Maybe you just need a break from religion-based threads for a while. Let yourself heal a bit. Banning isn't necessary if you don't want to post here anymore.

Sometimes the nonlogicals are infuriating when they hit a sensitive spot. Do something nice for yourself. Take one bag of Dove dark chocolates and call us in the morning. Seriously. :)

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

14 Dec 2007, 10:51 pm

Whoa, whoa! Charity levels dropped way too low here for a bit.

Chuchulainn, I don't see any reason to ban you. You're just frustrated. I think this site does end up feeling a bit hostile to religious folks sometimes. That's probably not going to change to a huge degree, because aspies like to speak their minds, but people will respond more positively to you and your ideas if you are calm. As others have said, you might consider keeping away from the areas of the forum where you know you're going to lose your temper.

There are other Christians here. Have you tried PMing any of them to talk about these things?

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2007, 10:54 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Chuchulainn wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
don't be dissin my comrades

There ya go. Perfect, shining example of everything I hate. Choosing to ignore what is good and right, loving a sadistic torturer like Stalin. Please, proceed with the banning.

You know, I have never met an Aspie who is actually a communist freak, now that I'm thinking of it. It must just be the internet that attracts such types.

hey f**k you :roll:
don't call me those things
Stalin was a horrible man
and I wouldn't vote for him
I just have some communistic beleifs
don't call me a freak ever again

I didn't mean to call you a freak. By "communist freaks" I was just saying I strongly disagree with communism.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 10:57 pm

well tell me why then

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 11:01 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
There are other Christians here. Have you tried PMing any of them to talk about these things?

That's a nice idea, part of their philosophy or ideology is to help others who strugle with things related to faith and stuff like that, so they should welcome you and try to support you in that sense.

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2007, 11:02 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Whoa, whoa! Charity levels dropped way too low here for a bit.

Chuchulainn, I don't see any reason to ban you. You're just frustrated. I think this site does end up feeling a bit hostile to religious folks sometimes. That's probably not going to change to a huge degree, because aspies like to speak their minds, but people will respond more positively to you and your ideas if you are calm. As others have said, you might consider keeping away from the areas of the forum where you know you're going to lose your temper.

I think I'm going to take a break from WP... sometimes I get in this mood I call "Crusader Mode" where I go into a rage over something I think is evil, like Stalin. I start fantasizing about what would happen if evil people took control of the world and what I would do. Then I start getting irrational or even delusional, and I say extreme things. When I get into Crusader Mode there is no limit to what I can possibly say. I've noticed that this forum erupts, then dwindles back to normal, then gets tense, then more tense, and really tense, and then it blows up again. Perhaps my presence has something to do with it.

Anyway, I am most certainly not a homicidal maniac so don't worry about that.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 11:03 pm

If you don't like the forum then leave. You don't have to make an annoucement.
You also don't have "your mouth to God's Ear." You are not "Standing on God's Right Hand helping him judge everyone." Get down off "Your Ivory Tower."

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2007, 11:04 pm

Kilroy wrote:
well tell me why then

It's not necessarily the communism part, it's the atheism that traditionally goes along with it, and the dictatorship. But communism is an economic model and not a political model.

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2007, 11:06 pm

preludeman wrote:
You also don't have "your mouth to God's Ear." You are not "Standing on God's Right Hand helping him judge everyone." Get down off "Your Ivory Tower."

God damn it I was just waiting for someone like you to show up. Lock the thread, please, before any more less understanding people jump at me with a knife.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

14 Dec 2007, 11:08 pm

Chuchulainn wrote:
preludeman wrote:

God damn it I was just waiting for someone like you to show up. Lock the thread, please, before any more less understanding people jump at me with a knife.

Sure, I'll lock it for you. You can PM me if you get frustrated again. Try to avoid making more threads like this one though.

And don't worry, nobody thinks your homicidal. We all know what it's like to lose our patience when under stress. I took a pretty long break from the PPR section myself. Take care!