Ask Quatermass! Help with console games....

Page 5 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 6:40 am

Pandora wrote:
Having seen at first hand how frustrated The_Chosen_One gets when games repeatedly cheat, I think most of them must be 2 bit games!

Boom boom, and out go the lights.

On sabbatical...

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 7:09 am

:) I'm also firmly convinced that most of these game writers are sadists and Chosen One thinks most of them are jerks. The other night he said he wished he could insert one of the games into where the sun doesn't shine if he could only get his hands on the writer (this was the Buffy game which was cheating outrageously at the time).

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 7:22 am

Pandora wrote:
:) I'm also firmly convinced that most of these game writers are sadists and Chosen One thinks most of them are jerks. The other night he said he wished he could insert one of the games into where the sun doesn't shine if he could only get his hands on the writer (this was the Buffy game which was cheating outrageously at the time).

Lemme put it this way, Devil May Cry, but TCO Will Cry. :lol:

Why doesn't he try a Final Fantasy or Metal Gear game?

On sabbatical...

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 7:27 am

I'm not sure. He likes Ratchet & Clank, Family Guy, Burnout and Buffy just to name a few but Buffy and Burnout 3 are well nigh impossible. I can't play any of those games but want to give Lumines a try.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 11:27 pm

I am planning to fight through Mt. Battle nonstop to get one of the Johto starters before I start a new game on XD. The Pokémon I want to use are from Pokémon Emerald and they got to level 100 using the gain 5000 EXP Gameshark code. If I use these Pokémon, will the Johto starter be considered legit or not?

MiniMozartAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2008, 4:45 pm

What is the point of this when you can go to www.gamefaqs.com type in the search, and find what you're looking for? Are you so lazy you can't use that URL bar at the top of your screen? If you don't know how to get to the site, then how did you get here? Why don't you people just leave the poor guy alone? You people are definitely intelligent enough to use a computer, why not spare this guy and do it yourself?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 6:16 pm

MiniMozartAspie wrote:
What is the point of this when you can go to www.gamefaqs.com type in the search, and find what you're looking for? Are you so lazy you can't use that URL bar at the top of your screen? If you don't know how to get to the site, then how did you get here? Why don't you people just leave the poor guy alone? You people are definitely intelligent enough to use a computer, why not spare this guy and do it yourself?

I am asking people who do not find GameFAQs helpful, or else want a personal touch, so to speak.

On sabbatical...

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2008, 7:01 pm

How on earth do I get through the missile base level on Call of Duty 4? (Xbox 360) I have been stuck on this one bit for months now having walked through the rest of the game.

I think it is near the end of the game and the objective is to fight your way through to the launch control room to upload abort codes before the time runs out.

Approaches I have tried so far-

Running, stabbing and hip firing my way through with the odd stun grenade for good measure. I get furthest this way but eventually just get shot dead.

Working my way through tactically, trying to kill all enemies on the way. I usually run out of time.

I have tried both directions but neither seems easier. I usually get rid of the gun you start the level with in favor of a bad guy AK because the clip is bigger.

I get as far as a large barricade with guys shooting over it. There are two corridors going in opposite directions and I get killed half way down either of these.

It should also be pointed out that I suck at these sorts of games and my aim and reaction times are quite bad. I am also bad at knowing where to be so I don't get my head blown off and when to push forward.

Any tips are welcome because it is driving me mad!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:31 pm

Sorry, I don't think I can help that much.

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 3:49 am

RustyShackleford wrote:
How on earth do I get through the missile base level on Call of Duty 4? (Xbox 360) I have been stuck on this one bit for months now having walked through the rest of the game.

I think it is near the end of the game and the objective is to fight your way through to the launch control room to upload abort codes before the time runs out.

Approaches I have tried so far-

Running, stabbing and hip firing my way through with the odd stun grenade for good measure. I get furthest this way but eventually just get shot dead.

Working my way through tactically, trying to kill all enemies on the way. I usually run out of time.

I have tried both directions but neither seems easier. I usually get rid of the gun you start the level with in favor of a bad guy AK because the clip is bigger.

I get as far as a large barricade with guys shooting over it. There are two corridors going in opposite directions and I get killed half way down either of these.

It should also be pointed out that I suck at these sorts of games and my aim and reaction times are quite bad. I am also bad at knowing where to be so I don't get my head blown off and when to push forward.

Any tips are welcome because it is driving me mad!

When my boyfriend FINALLY gets here, I'll ask him, he's finished COD4

Spymunk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2008, 9:52 am

I'm having trouble figuring out how to talk to people with my headset in BAD COMPANY.

Any suggestions?

Also, do you know the most talkative PS3 game?

I'm looking for people who will want to chat voice online through PS3 games about the games.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 7:30 pm

Spymunk wrote:
I'm having trouble figuring out how to talk to people with my headset in BAD COMPANY.

Any suggestions?

Also, do you know the most talkative PS3 game?

I'm looking for people who will want to chat voice online through PS3 games about the games.

Sorry, I don't have a PS3 or experience with online play.

On sabbatical...

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 2:30 pm

MiniMozartAspie wrote:

It's easier to get hands on advice from people who have actually played the games, yes faq's are helpful, but still...

I'm having trouble with beating the dropship boss on Rachet and Clank Size Matters on PSP, Any tips...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 6:00 pm

Don't have a PSP. Sorry.

On sabbatical...

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 1:07 am

I just begin playing online with my Wii this weekend (finally I got a wireless router :D).

Today, while playing Mario Kart Wii, I noticed some players had a golden wheel and/or stars. What do they mean?

Have you ever seen an "official" topic about Wii/DS friend codes? I wanna play with some WP members :)

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 3:32 am

Hi, Can you help me with the dropship battle in Rachet and Clank Size Matters for PSP?