Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 10:12 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Feel human? I obstinately believe that I am not human; and I believe that I am right; I mean it.

I am something that physically resembles humans, and is able to interact with them on some superficial levels. But humans neither understand me, nor to I understand humans; the level to which this is so defies human language; even in this place, I often feel like a stranger in a strange land.

I am not human; I am something else (?) trapped in a human's body. When this bodies finally dies, that mystery will be revealed to me. I'm quite certain that this life I play-act leading as a human is largely experimental in nature; I am spending some time as a human so as to be able to better understand their condition when I return to whatever my true self is after this term as a human is up.

And I can feel it, feel the link to my greater self. That feeling is one of the most distressing notions of existing as a human; for the vast majority of my greater self is not accessible through this human form; it is like trying to see the entire universe by peering through a keyhole. This body is a keyhole; and I am the universe that lays beyond the door. Peer through the keyhole if you like, as you are doing now by reading my words. But understand that most of the universe behind the door remains unrevealed.

Feeling human is something I have never experienced.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is seven-minute old light...

I used to think that I was sent here to observe the planet's doings.
I've been hitting my comm badge for the last year and nothing is happening Image

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 11:15 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
EvilKimEvil wrote:
I'm a small animal, probably one that lives in a tree and has big eyes, such as a mouse lemur.

Perhaps you should stick with flying fox, which is both a wondrous creature and one that suits you well; else you may be killed by penguins.

Good fortune,

- Icarus has a ring-tailed lemur named Lenny (stuffed animal)...

Thank you for the warning! I hadn't considered the possibility that I might be killed by penguins. In that case, I guess I will go back to being a flying fox.

By the way, it's flattering to hear that the flying fox suits me. I want to be a flying fox, but I was thinking that the mouse lemur would be a more realistic comparison.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 11:23 pm

To be totally honest, I feel more like an anime character than anything else.

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2007, 8:31 pm

Well everyone who has posted seems to have summed up some of my opinions on the matter so I'll just answer with "no"
I know this is LOL'able but i actually used to think i was an alien :?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Dec 2007, 1:04 pm

i feel like an unreal heavy metal gangster from the mid 1990's

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 3:41 pm

What does it feel like to be human (that's the pertinent question)? I'll assume it means having a communicative connection to your species, verbally and non-; overtly and covertly: no.

My total and complete lack of empathy makes me feel like I'm...something, perhaps a robot, perhaps a monster.

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2007, 4:24 pm

I don't even know what feeling human means. I am emotionless right now. I guess I feel like a robot whatever that means.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 7:02 pm

Right now, I feel demonic...

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 7:06 pm

Berserker wrote:
Right now, I feel demonic...

sounds cool :)

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 11:05 pm

Demonic as in I don't fit in with this world.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 11:08 pm

ohh...so horns and tail

trick of the tail
I know that feeling

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 11:12 pm

Yeah, that kind of demon.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 11:24 pm

I know that feeling so well

you and I are quite alike Berserker

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 3:14 pm

Anyway, androidbeing, forgive me that I didn't answer your e-mail but I'll do it tomorrow for sure. 8)

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 7:41 pm

This is a good question for a person with AS.

There may be an interesting reason why a person with AS sometimes feels not of this world. Since we are often inside ourselves, we can often look outside, and "see" ourselves. What we see probably does not resemble the human NT. Another observation might be that if we can detach our consciousness, which is essentially nonvisible, then the receptacle it came from might not be recognizable as human at all.

We are different, and we've been made to feel very different, so it is no wonder we feel not of this world. But rest assured, we are human, all too human(F. Nietszche, The Gay Science).

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 10:53 pm

Which brand of human?

If by the question you mean "do you feel human emotion", the yes, I feel plenty. Mostly mistrust at the moment...

I'm wary.