Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

-Main
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 1:45 am

I don't know. Define "human".

I mean, I definitely have strong emotions occasionally. And I connect quite well with other aspies, I have a bit of that feeling of belonging to a community sometimes.

But on camp, while waiting in the van for the teacher, about 5 NTs were having a conversation, which consisted entirely of people talking about what other people had said, opinions of other people, what other people had done at recent parties, what other people thought of other people, who was going out with whom, etc. FOR OVER HALF AN HOUR.

I just sat their quietly. Didn't really have much to add to the conversation. It seemed like they really were on another planet - one where this was even slightly interesting. I really felt like I was on the wrong planet right then. If they were a good example of humanity, then I don't want a place in it. Anyone know how to start your own species? This one doesn't work for me.

Last edited by -Main on 21 Dec 2007, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 1:58 am

No, I feel like an alien sent down to observe humans. Then there are occasions where I feel like a wolf. Standing on two legs can feel unnatural.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 7:01 pm

I feel like an alien mostly. or outta time,
I don't understand those humans, an extremely primitive culture.

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Dec 2007, 11:35 am

To tell thetruth, I only feel human when I talk to friends. Otherwise I just feel like an emotionless lump.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2007, 12:27 pm

I only feel human when I'm with my family, because they kinda undrestand me.
When in school, I feel like a freak..

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2007, 1:48 pm

I feel human inasmuch as a fallible, sinful, evil person should feel. But luckily the blood of Christ is washed over me and my sins are forgiven, so I'm no longer that evil sinful human I was before. I'm still fallible, but my soul is given life eternal so in that case, I am more of a spirit than a body.

bitesizedtess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2015, 4:33 am

I feel like a different species.

Like, you know, NTs and then me.

I don't know if that makes sense; I'm human, but not in a way I'm supposed to.

Because NTs are the kings of a jungle I don't belong to but I'm forced to live in.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2015, 4:35 am

Not really.

When I was very young I thought I was an alien and now as an adult I'm asking myself why I don't know how to be a human/person.

LittleMidnightSnack

05 Dec 2015, 5:26 am

I feel like this weird ghost who simply exists in the world yet contributes nothing to it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 153 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 10:25 am

I don't know. What does it feel like to feel human, and what does it feel like to not feel human? I've never felt that another shape was more appropriate for me, or that I was born in the wrong form.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 1:13 pm

Yes, at times I feel human then again, I've often felt like a Ghost whom roams the planet until the time I normally would have been deceased in both figurative and literal terms. Never the less, I carry on with my life as best as possible yet there are still emotional imprints left behind that give me a great deal of torment and pain.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2015, 1:40 pm

androidbeing wrote:
Do you feel human? If so what is it like to feel this? / what is it like not to feel this?

Does anybody ever feel like a robot?

Android

I've never been able to see myself as human.

It feels odd, because I know that all of the available evidence supports my humanity, yet I cannot really 'feel' that I am human. I've not only felt like a robot at times, but also have tried to program myself like one.

Sometimes I see myself as an nonhuman life form (like a virus, horse, cat, giant lizard, hawk, or whale), and even more frequently like a ghost (something that can observe and record, even feel, but isn't visible to other people).

Malaise
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2015, 5:40 pm

I've gone through periods where I didn't, but ultimately yes... just off in my own little bubble.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

I don't feel human. I feel alien and beautiful and weird and lovely. I feel like I'm sideways to people: not above or below them, just sideways and off in my own little world. :heart: :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 6:44 pm

We're all beings in our own quirky cosmos.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm

^Exactly! :mrgreen:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII