why do guys want to be the alpha male?

Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SapphoWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2008, 8:35 pm

Kurtz wrote:
If I hear,"Well, I'm no good at sports, so I'll always be a loser with women," one more time I'm gonna f***ing FLIP.

Me too! :lol:

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 12:27 pm

Kitsy wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Kitsy wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Kitsy wrote:
I am posting based on observations. I threw in a few jokes too. Do you really think I would carefully guard lipstick and eyeliner? Also, it wasn't just about looks. What are you getting defensive about? These labels are not to be placed on everyone's forehead, it was just to try to explain observations. If labels did not exist, how would you describe to the police what a vicious attacker looked like?

Don't you call me pathetic either. I have every right to protect myself so who are you to tell me that is pathetic?

In my mind I have distinguished good traits and bad traits. This comes with life lessons and observations. This little posting about such observations is just one little piece. I don't feel like writing a novel on wrong planet.

All I said was that your label flinging was unnecessary at best, sort of like people inventing new sciences like "Numerology" and other BS. And you had to go and apparently you felt it was important to filter it through your "logic". So you can stop assuming things such as being defensive and saying that labels do not exist.

Once again you attack my argument with the assumption that I'm wrong, do you enjoy doing this? You haven't proven that any of this is helpful at any point at all, the only thing you've done is try to paint me as the bad guy or go all defensive.

No, you've looked at what may or may not be good observations and stuck labels on them to no purpose.

Calling someone pathetic is attacking so knock it off. You can make your points without that can't you?

This was just my observations. If it offended you, oh well. I would apologize for offending you in some cases but not in this one because you are acting like a jerk.

If you have a problem with how I express myself and if you have a problem with observations I've made then grab your balls and pm me. Cuss me out.

I could also call it a "poor attempt", but I'd still be saying the same thing, maybe you could just try not to overeact in the first place?

Why don't you stick to the topic instead of blowing things out of proportion?

Well I was just airing my observations too, don't don't be a hypocrite and act like you're the only one who is allowed to do that.

No, I have a problem with your ability to argue and how horribly low quality it is, I'm completely fine with you.

...and I have a problem with your narcissism

So far from what I've read out of you, your sole intent is to attempt to make someone feel negatively and boost your own self worth.

Sar far what I've read of you is personal attacks and dodging the point so I'm not really concerned about what you say.

Feel free to start talking about your "Alpha male hypothosis" any time now.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 12:38 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:
Only pack animals follow the "alpha male" routine. So the question is: Are human males pack animals?

I tend to think that NT males are. That's one reason I don't like them, in general.

Is it really fair to call that more strictly a 'male' thing?

In wolves, for example, it IS only a male thing; it does not apply to the females.

I'll have to just agree to disagree. Certain behaviors IMO are gender-neutral, people act them out period regardless, and this would be an example of where we're all still built on more animalistic behavior frames. That and as long as I went to school there were always popular girls who seemed to head their own cliques, everyone knew who they were, I can't see how that's different from when guys are in that position and have followers.

There's also alpha females in wolves society.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 12:42 pm

SapphoWoman wrote:
Only pack animals follow the "alpha male" routine. So the question is: Are human males pack animals?

I tend to think that NT males are. That's one reason I don't like them, in general.

Yes my lady, humans ARE animals . Me and you ARE animals ...we are evolved from species that are similar to what we call them today monkeys and apes. We live on the same planet afterall.

And there's no shame in that but it's shame if you consider that your species is much more superior than animals.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:17 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:

Yes my lady, humans ARE animals . Me and you ARE animals ...we are evolved from species that are similar to what we call them today monkeys and apes. We live on the same planet afterall.

And there's no shame in that but it's shame if you consider that your species is much more superior than animals.

She asked if we're pack animals, not if we're animals.

Which is confusing because she could be asking if we move in groups (Obviously we do) or if we... I don't know, have some sort of innate hierarchy based on confidence?

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

SapphoWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2008, 9:28 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:

WHOA! I do not consider myself superior to other animals. I'm a vegan. I don't eat ANY animal products.

I was asking if human males are PACK animals, not if humans are animals!

Read what I wrote again.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 9:38 am

SapphoWoman wrote:
WHOA! I do not consider myself superior to other animals. I'm a vegan. I don't eat ANY animal products.

I was asking if human males are PACK animals, not if humans are animals!

Read what I wrote again.

It is true we are not pack animals and we vary from our 'troupe' and 'group' ancestors because of civilisation and high numbers.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 10:27 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:

It's just a theory that we evolved from ape like creatures.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 5:24 pm

Pandora wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:

Evolution is a scientific fact proved by loads of observations and evidences and it's accepted by all scientists community as a FACT, it's only the mechanism of evolution has theories.

Today, nearly all biologists acknowledge that evolution is a fact. The term theory is no longer appropriate except when referring to the various models that attempt to explain how life evolves... it is important to understand that the current questions about how life evolves in no way implies any disagreement over the fact of evolution.

- Neil A. Campbell, Biology 2nd ed., 1990, Benjamin/Cummings, p. 434

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 5:30 pm

Never heard of pack animals term before , sorry sophho but english is not my native language.

After I wikied the term, I can understand that Pack Animals = species who walk in groups. As answer to your question ....yes , we humans were pack animals till the invention of farming.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 2:06 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Pandora wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
SapphoWoman wrote:

Evolution is a scientific fact proved by loads of observations and evidences and it's accepted by all scientists community as a FACT, it's only the mechanism of evolution has theories.

Today, nearly all biologists acknowledge that evolution is a fact. The term theory is no longer appropriate except when referring to the various models that attempt to explain how life evolves... it is important to understand that the current questions about how life evolves in no way implies any disagreement over the fact of evolution.

- Neil A. Campbell, Biology 2nd ed., 1990, Benjamin/Cummings, p. 434

Why don't you just make the observation that bacteria and insects evolve all the time?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 7:00 am

^^ are you creationist? that explains why you are not smart.

Bacterias do evolve , why do you think they become resistant against antibiotics ? Scientists always search for an new antibiotic against a specific bacteria, why is that? Because bacteria evolve to become resistant against their own enemy, to survive...survival is the main factor of evolution.

http://www.bacteriamuseum.org/niches/ev ... tion.shtml

http://www.biotechjournal.com/Journal/f ... e1text.htm

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2008, 7:34 am

I'm the stigma man.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 9:35 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^ are you creationist? that explains why you are not smart.

Bacterias do evolve , why do you think they become resistant against antibiotics ? Scientists always search for an new antibiotic against a specific bacteria, why is that? Because bacteria evolve to become resistant against their own enemy, to survive...survival is the main factor of evolution.

http://www.bacteriamuseum.org/niches/ev ... tion.shtml

http://www.biotechjournal.com/Journal/f ... e1text.htm

Linking two unrelated things together (Creationism and stupidity), haven't we all seen this before?

"Why don't you just make the observation that bacteria and insects evolve all the time?" That's what I wrote. Are you sure you aren't a Troll? :roll:

It's no wonder Christians get a bad idea bout Atheists with people like you representing us.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jan 2008, 10:48 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
I'm the stigma man.

Is that the new "you're the bomb?"

You're the stigma.

xx Dan Monster

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 2:22 am

Kitsy wrote:
Is that the new "you're the bomb?".

Nah, it's more like, "this man here is everything your parents/friends will hate, and you probably will too".

Alpha=you know
Beta=again
Omega=again
Stigma/sigma=the [objective] loser that goes [objectively] nowhere, but isn't subservient to anyone