This is the first time I've failed classes

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 6:56 pm

I knew it was coming, but it's still a painful reality check. :( At least FFs look better than Ds.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 7:33 pm

What classes did you fail?

And why do F's look better than D's? :?

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

17 Dec 2007, 8:20 pm

Ive failed classes before in high school and when i took them again a second time i got B's and A's in those classes.
So don't get to discouraged just take them again and things may all the sudden just make sense to you. If there high school courses take them again because its free, if there college courses its up to you to decide whether or not you can afford to take the course again.
I know they did for me when i failed Math 12 and Physics 12 and took them a second time.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 10:34 pm

Phagocyte wrote:

Two literatures and one linguistics.

FF is failure due to low class attendance. D would be the only failing grade.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:20 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:

Two literatures and one linguistics.

FF is failure due to low class attendance. D would be the only failing grade.

So, in other words, you failed three classes because you didn't bother showing up?

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:20 pm

I think most people fail a few courses. Life is really goofy sometimes. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, take them again and you'll do better.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:22 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
I think most people fail a few courses. Life is really goofy sometimes. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, take them again and you'll do better.

This is true, we're only human. Sometimes we just slip up.

But still, if it's a matter attendance, wouldn't that be a pretty easy thing to remedy? :?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 11:27 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
So, in other words, you failed three classes because you didn't bother showing up?

I didn't bother showing up, didn't learn enough to get a passing grade and dropped out.

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2007, 11:30 pm

Don't worry about it. Grades don't determine your potential.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 12:02 am

SilverProteus wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:

I didn't bother showing up, didn't learn enough to get a passing grade and dropped out.

What are your steps for insuring your success for next semester? I'm told I need to work on my study habits.

sort30030 wrote:
Don't worry about it. Grades don't determine your potential.

You can have all the potential you want, but if you get sh***y grades you won't be provided with the opportunities to utilize that potential. Obviously, grades aren't everything; I don't see the guy with the 3.5 as "smarter" than the guy with with the 3.0, but flunking out or getting grades too low for employment or grad school don't exactly scream "genius."

You need to strike a balance. Grades are important, but at the same time you need to put things into perspective. A few bad grades won't really hinder you all that much, as long as you learn from your mistakes and do better.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 12:54 am

Phagocyte wrote:
What are your steps for insuring your success for next semester? I'm told I need to work on my study habits.

That definitely applies to me as well. I have virtually no study habits (for schoolwork).

Quote:
You can have all the potential you want, but if you get sh***y grades you won't be provided with the opportunities to utilize that potential. Obviously, grades aren't everything; I don't see the guy with the 3.5 as "smarter" than the guy with with the 3.0, but flunking out or getting grades too low for employment or grad school don't exactly scream "genius."

You're right, they don't.

Quote:
You need to strike a balance. Grades are important, but at the same time you need to put things into perspective. A few bad grades won't really hinder you all that much, as long as you learn from your mistakes and do better.

I always think to myself: when I'll take something seriously, I'll take it seriously. The thing is, I wasn't taking it seriously. I've been wanting a change.

Grades don't measure potential, but to many people, they measure IQ. That's why I a bit relieved I got FFs (failure grades for insufficient attendance) rather than Ds (failure grades for low achievement). I'd rather be called "lazy" by a vicious biological father than "stupid".

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2007, 2:21 am

I wasn't too clear. I personally don't care about grades since I don't care much about what society thinks at all. But yes it is important for future opportunities which is somewhat unfair and really irks me. You just have to make it up with future classes or show other people your ability through other means. It is not important only if you can still effectively communicate your potential to others.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

18 Dec 2007, 3:58 am

SilverProteus wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:

Sounds a lot like my high school experience :roll:

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 2:54 pm

SilverProteus wrote:

That definitely applies to me as well. I have virtually no study habits (for schoolwork).

I always think to myself: when I'll take something seriously, I'll take it seriously. The thing is, I wasn't taking it seriously. I've been wanting a change.

So...how will you remedy the situation? Why not simply apply yourself and do better?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 3:02 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
So...how will you remedy the situation? Why not simply apply yourself and do better?

Yes, once I've figured out what it is I'm supposed to be doing.

For now though, I need a holiday ;)

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 3:12 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:

Yes, once I've figured out what it is I'm supposed to be doing.

For now though, I need a holiday ;)

Great! And I couldn't agree more.

:D 8) :lol: :) :twisted: :P Par-tay!

Though just out of curiosity, what is it that you feel you are supposed to do?

Eggnog?