Have You Reached a Place Where You Stopped Playing NICE?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 6:35 pm

I've tried playing people at their own devious games,but it's too difficult.
My natural charm and propensity to avoid confrontation takes over. :)

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2007, 8:00 pm

jjstar wrote:
I hear you. There are certain times I will put my fists down and say - F NO. I'm gonna tell YOU how this is going down! And take it from there. Then there are times like on the road? I'm not going to take chances that the dude in the other car has an Uzi - so I'll just bite my tongue and be courteous - as much as I'd like not to. It's just common sense. Then there are other times that I go completely neutral - which of course baffles the sh*t out of the other side. They're like W00T? LOL. All in the Art of War. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War Best to be unpredictiable, this way they can never pin ya down.

i LOVE SUN tzu's the art of war, if you like that, jjstar, try this one, http://users.tkk.fi/~renko/hag1.html The Way of the Samurai

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 8:02 pm

I'm naturally a more laid back person. People can annoy the heck out of me, but I tend not to snap at them, because everyone has moments where they're not as... rational as usual. I tend to have tolerance for people that may be fools because they can't really help that. And opinions are just that: opinions; everyone has the right to believe whatever they want, and no matter how much I disagree with their beliefs, that doesn't make either stupid.

However, it can definitely build up after awhile. Then my anger is obvious (apparently through tone (which I can tell sometimes) and general appearance); continued pushing equals an explosion (because naturally I deal with all extreme emotions well).

jjstar wrote:
I also happen to live near sheep. Yeah - SHEEP. Not sheeple - but the real thing - 4 legged lamb chops to be - that are kept penned in and the urine and sh*t keeps on piling up just 10 meters from my house - so let's use our imagination at the cocktail that I breathe in day in day out. So - it's hilarious because it's so insane and there's little to do but to write a book about it. It's just too surreal for even me to believe - and trust me - i've seen a LOT.

You're obviously not much of a farm girl. Trust me, as bad as livestock can smell, they're not really that harmful. Actually, their manure is quite helpful for growing crops; it's used a lot in the fields around here.

Three years!