Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 5:06 pm

Why does Darwin inspire.
Darwin's life represented the essence of science. He was naturally curious and a keen observer, who was always gathering evidence to explain the world around him. Just like most scientists, he done his research regardless political influences.

Science represents the grounding that all truth and morality should come from. We consistently fail accept that we are creatures of nature and the same rules that govern animal nature also apply to us. Darwin’s Theory Of Evolution has led the way to not only understanding the natural world but also understanding ourselves. Darwinian psychology is the most systematic, scientific way of understanding human nature.

There has been many people who have used The Theory Of Evolution for wicked things, social Darwinism. However, much opposition to the Theory Of Evolution more are less have been an implementation of it, without actually believing in it. Most religions have been guilty of doing this. Even Communism/ Marxism( a form of non logical atheism) would not have happened if most people of the former communist countries had an understanding of evolution. Contrary to popular belief , Communism DOESN’T work on paper as much as it does reality as it is anti competitive in nature.

The Theory Of Evolution can appear racist as it can point out racial differences from scientific observation, however true science does not have any political influences; if it does it ceases to be a science . Evolution does explain why many humans have racism tendencies. Only when we have scientific understanding of why this is, then we can find a solution.

To finish up why I chose Darwin as my favorite scientist is. Other scientists invent things for us like mobile phone, cars and computers; some of which are better then others. Some scientists observe the skies, do I really care! I don’t have any business up there anyway. No matter the level of scientific development there are things that stay more or less the same human relationship with each other. If you watch star track, star wars Robin-Hood or East Enders you will realise this.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 5:54 pm

Louis Pasteur is my favorite scientist.