Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2005, 11:23 pm

I have a fun story for you all. I changed the name of the girl, but it's still an intersting story.

2 Saturdays ago, a girl named Emmy called me. I have no idea how she got my number, but she said I gave it to her at a party. It was late. She startred asking about..."What are you doing?" "Where do you live?"... After every answer their was giggling in the background. I soon figured out it wa a slumber party. Well, it happened again this Saturday (tonight). She asked where I lived and I told her the city. Then she guesses my neighborhood...correctly! If you've never been to my neighborhood, you don't know it exists. And if you know my neighborhood, and me, you know where I live. I've had a friend who's never been to my house show up one day. It's easy to find, etc.

Going on, I think she knows where I live. Not only that, she complimented me on my sexy phone voice. And after asking where I live, she hung up less than a minute later. She said she had to go. I'm afraid/excited she might come over. She even said we'll have to meet some time. She claims to be 16, but she also claims I gave her my number at a party. I haven't ben to a party in years that wasn't with my family. I don't recognize her name or voice, yet she says she's met me. I really wouldn't mind meeting her, I just would like to know the truth. It might be church girls messing my head. That would be a worst case scenario. But how'd she get my number?! This topic really has no question, I just want to know what you all think of the situation.

NotBlueAspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2005, 7:29 am

You can often find out a someone's neighborhood, or even the exact address, based on their phone number.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 7:36 am

It's most probably a wind-up. I wouldnt worry about it.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 8:28 am

i would be scared she sounds a bit mental. if you have any pet rabbits be sure to keep them away from her. although, i hope it works out for you. it could be that she has been admiring you from afar and her shyness about approaching you made her do it in an illogical way. and find out what her real age is before doing anything you might regret.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 11:50 am

I'd say this is a prank. She might be trying to set you up for public humiliation or embarassment. It's better for you to disappoint some girl you haven't even met, than for you to be embarrassed in front of the entire school.

SarcasticName wrote:
After every answer their was giggling in the background.

SarcasticName wrote:
...she also claims I gave her my number at a party. I haven't ben to a party in years that wasn't with my family.

SarcasticName wrote:
And after asking where I live, she hung up less than a minute later.

These should be a giveaway that this whole thing is a prank; her friends were probably laughing how you're going to fall for it. What they don't know is that you're smarter than that. What you need to do is firmly but politely decline all her invitations. Make sure to sound firm as you say it. Save yourself from the prank!

Also, she called you during her slumber party. One thing that some girls do for entertainment at slumber parties is call guys to play a prank on them. I've figured this out the hard way, and I want to get the word out, to protect other aspies from getting hurt.

As for getting your phone number, there's more to it. Did she call you on a landline? Then she got your number from a phone book, assuming it was listed. Did she call you on a cell? Then it's a little harder to answer, but she did find it somewhere. Best of luck to you.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 1:04 pm

I kind of figured out that it was a prank already. I'm going to let myself fall for it, I enjoy stuff like this. I feel very little shame and embarassment(etc.) most of the time, so I really wouldn't mind playing along. I've got nothig better to do. My phone number is unlisted, and my mom has a diffeent last name than mine too. But it's in the church directory, so I still suspect some girls in my youth group.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 1:07 pm

But, I have a lingering suspecion due to the name she used. I only recognize it from when my mom ran a daycare after first moving here. By now, this girl would probably be 12-14. That's still just a suspecion though, the only one I have besidses church girls. But no one in my church has that name. Hmm...?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 3:47 pm

I found out who it was yesterday! She's the little sister of a freeshman girl in choir class with me. She doesn't know how she got my number either. I said I don't mind it, I'd just like to know how she got my number. Oh, and she's 13. A little too young for me. :(

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 5:52 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Also, she called you during her slumber party. One thing that some girls do for entertainment at slumber parties is call guys to play a prank on them. I've figured this out the hard way, and I want to get the word out, to protect other aspies from getting hurt.

Girls seem to like doing these sorts of things. For some reason the most inane conversations with you can make them all giggly at random. Then they'll go talk to one of their friends and giggle some more. Giggling might be a contagious disease. I hope I don't catch it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 5:53 pm

Aspie1 wrote:

Girls seem to like doing these sorts of things. For some reason the most inane conversations with you can make them all giggly at random. Then they'll go talk to one of their friends and giggle some more. Giggling might be a contagious disease. I hope I don't catch it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MovieMogul
Toucan
Toucan

30 Aug 2005, 6:20 pm

I had to deal with this sort of thing when I was in primary school. A good number of the attractive girls would often walk up to me and ask me if I wanted to go out with them on a date. At the time, I hadn't developed the desire for a romantic relationship, so I scrunched my face up and say no in disgust.

Girls did it over and over (quite a few 'repeat offenders', too) just for the reaction. I think girls do it because they like the idea of leading a man on; that she is in control. It's a power trip.

http://actionman133.isa-geek.net:8080/

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 7:24 pm

MovieMogul wrote:
Girls did it over and over (quite a few 'repeat offenders', too) just for the reaction. I think girls do it because they like the idea of leading a man on; that she is in control. It's a power trip.

This reminds me of a story from high school. One girl on the bus, who was one of the biggest [female dogs] in school, suddenly started talking to me.

She said: "Do you want to have sex?"
Knowing she was just messing with me, I said in a flat voice: "Hmph, doesn't everybody?"
She said: "Great, so what time you want to come to my house?"
Pretending to be shocked, I repied: "Oh, what? You mean with you?"
She said: "Yeah, you and me."
Pretending to get defensive, I said: "Oh, I take it back then. I thought you meant in general."

That didn't work as well as I thought it would, but the girl really seemed to be caught off-guard.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2005, 10:36 pm

Can't wait until the next call, it's more fun then sitting alone on the computer. Confusion is always more fun then downloading music for two hours straight on Saturday nights.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2005, 12:18 am

I'm glad it turned out to be harmless. I got a bizarre phone call like that once, and it was a pedophile. Luckily I couldn't lie worth anything, so when he called back the second time and asked if I'd told someone, I instinctively said yes. Never heard squat from him again.