Page 7089 of 7512 [ 120186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7086, 7087, 7088, 7089, 7090, 7091, 7092 ... 7512  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:04 pm

I unintentionally provoked myself into having an anxiety meltdown while visiting a public library.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 1:37 am

I’m currently “stuck” on the phrase “the cat with hands.” I don’t know if it actually is echolalia since I don’t actually use my voice, but this happens to me on a regular basis. Often with the last thing I’ve said/written, or less often that I have heard/read, but sometimes with random things.

The cat with hands

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 8:47 am

Little kitties do have nice paws.....

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 9:22 am

The heat is back

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 10:49 am

Food.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:52 am

View Posts Since Last Visit |
Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

:scratch:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 8:56 am

traven wrote:
View Posts Since Last Visit |
Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

:scratch:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have gotten that message a few times lately.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 9:18 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I’m currently “stuck” on the phrase “the cat with hands.” I don’t know if it actually is echolalia since I don’t actually use my voice, but this happens to me on a regular basis. Often with the last thing I’ve said/written, or less often that I have heard/read, but sometimes with random things.

The cat with hands

I do this a fair bit, but mostly inside my head (even though I do use my voice).

When I was working on my pseudo-novel/mess of short stories I'd have lines describing various scenes, or bits of dialogue (rarely more than a sentence) roll through my head endlessly.

Actually, when I work on rhymes I take advantage of the same thing and I'll just keep rhyming with the original phrase.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 9:23 am

Well, at least some things are not beyond management as it pertains to my arthritis without medication at this juncture.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:26 pm

I got bored and see if any other asocial people exists.

Only to find lonely extroverts, social versions of incel in which instead of sex it's socialization, extreme introverts, introverts in an extrovert world, anyone with energy problems or really bad health issues, anyone who is either a misanthropic or very anxious/too traumatized or having interferences issues (A.K.A. sensitivities/insensitivities/dysregulation), anyone dealing with mental illness and personality disorders, or basically brought up in a cult or some experiment in nurture involving deprivation.

And most of these folks... Don't see socialization as optional.
But either sees it as a problem or itself their demons, something to avoid or be scared of, or something unattainable or simply the center of their life's conflict. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 4:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

The cat with hands

I do this a fair bit, but mostly inside my head (even though I do use my voice).

When I was working on my pseudo-novel/mess of short stories I'd have lines describing various scenes, or bits of dialogue (rarely more than a sentence) roll through my head endlessly.

Actually, when I work on rhymes I take advantage of the same thing and I'll just keep rhyming with the original phrase.

I do it a lot where I move my mouth without opening it or using my voice, sometimes I’ll mix in a bit of whispering. It’s never more than a phrase or short sentence, often just the last part of a sentence.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 4:26 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

Only to find lonely extroverts, social versions of incel in which instead of sex it's socialization, extreme introverts, introverts in an extrovert world, anyone with energy problems or really bad health issues, anyone who is either a misanthropic or very anxious/too traumatized or having interferences issues (A.K.A. sensitivities/insensitivities/dysregulation), anyone dealing with mental illness and personality disorders, or basically brought up in a cult or some experiment in nurture involving deprivation.

But either sees it as a problem or itself their demons, something to avoid or be scared of, or something unattainable or simply the center of their life's conflict. :|

I do have severe social anxiety/phobia on top of it, but I am asocial as well, and am still learning that other people don’t see socialization as optional, and just how much they expect in order to maintain a good relationship. I do care about people and think about them and stuff, it just doesn’t occur to me that they’d like me to check in until well after the point where they assume I’m deliberately avoiding, if they don’t initiate contact. I just see it as a part of me, not a problem with me, not a problem with others, I just know from experience that social and asocial creatures don’t really mesh. I deeply regret that I unintentionally hurt people who are social, but I don’t actually feel anything negative about the fact that I am not.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 4:27 pm

I am the world's best* engineer.

:D (*Where "best" is defined over the set {An} where n=1 number of corporations that would take me as an employee.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 10:34 pm

Far out..

Hmm weather to drink or eat.

I can choose :/ only 1

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 10:36 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

The cat with hands

I do it a lot where I move my mouth without opening it or using my voice, sometimes I’ll mix in a bit of whispering. It’s never more than a phrase or short sentence, often just the last part of a sentence.

I can relate,.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 11:41 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

I do have severe social anxiety/phobia on top of it, but I am asocial as well, and am still learning that other people don’t see socialization as optional, and just how much they expect in order to maintain a good relationship. I do care about people and think about them and stuff, it just doesn’t occur to me that they’d like me to check in until well after the point where they assume I’m deliberately avoiding, if they don’t initiate contact. I just see it as a part of me, not a problem with me, not a problem with others, I just know from experience that social and asocial creatures don’t really mesh. I deeply regret that I unintentionally hurt people who are social, but I don’t actually feel anything negative about the fact that I am not.

I can't relate to the comorbidities mentioned.

I can't relate to the idea of learning socialization is mandatory to most people at such age.
Learnt mine rather too early myself -- at school, in one of the best years of my childhood no less.

Also didn't mention alexithymic traits above, related to asociality/unsociality because that would be too long and complicated.
Even it's one of the traits I can't relate to, even if it's a common trait to emphasize being asocial or merely out of place.

Anyways.
If you understand how socialization is optional, in a deeper way...
It's very, very liberating than annoying towards the world. :lol:

Also...
If you understand how socialization as a tool, in a deeper way...
It's equally empowering. :twisted: One doesn't need to be able to pass or be a social expert around it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.