Page 7238 of 7512 [ 120191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7235, 7236, 7237, 7238, 7239, 7240, 7241 ... 7512  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 8:20 pm

Another $40 made at the flea market. I'm going to shoehorn myself a spot into the Art's Alive festival this Saturday. I'll spread out a blanket around a corner that I think is going to have heavy foot traffic and sell my treasures. There are no more spots left but if there's a will, there's a way. I'll make myself look like a pea green Pearly King, so no one will recognize me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:34 pm

A man in the States had a pea in his lung.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utMH0ki ... iscoveryUK

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:39 pm

I'm looking at courses for the community college near me to see what kind of potential careers are available to me. I think for anything that I'd want to do I'd have to take remedial math classes before I do anything else, which is daunting. I'm not good at math due to dyscalculia and can't do things with fractions or decimals, and can't do division beyond very basic division. I can teach myself things online, but I'm sure if the community college sees my horrible GPA and my grades in math from high school + the fact I have dyscalculia that they'll want me to take remedial math classes.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 9:58 pm

My community college had incoming students take a test to see what, if any, remedial classes they would need. I homeschooled and only had basic math in high school, no algebra.

I still was able to place out of remedial math by using a couple of books like “Algebra 1 and 2 for Dummies” and “Cliff Notes Algebra.” They helped a lot.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 10:10 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I'm looking at courses for the community college near me to see what kind of potential careers are available to me. I think for anything that I'd want to do I'd have to take remedial math classes before I do anything else, which is daunting. I'm not good at math due to dyscalculia and can't do things with fractions or decimals, and can't do division beyond very basic division. I can teach myself things online, but I'm sure if the community college sees my horrible GPA and my grades in math from high school + the fact I have dyscalculia that they'll want me to take remedial math classes.

My daughter has dyscalculia. When she went to chef school she had to do a Maths placement test and they put her in a suitable class for fractions, decimals, conversions of measurement, and basic business calculations such as percentages. Even with me as a tutor I'm not sure if she passed it (lol -- I can't remember -- I think she gave up on it), but her areas of difficulty are very much like yours.

Lots of students required the intro level classes and some were very successful. Don't let it dissuade you from going back to school if you find an interesting program.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 12:01 am

That's good that they have placement tests. I don't mind having to probably do a remedial class or two, though doing arithmetic gives me more anxiety than doing even algebra and other types of math. I've heard other people w/ dyscalculia say the same. My only issues with algebra, geometry, and the equations in chemistry in school were if they required fractions, decimals, division, and a couple other things. I need a calculator for a lot of basic math, too, or at least need to be able to heavily track my calculations on paper.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 12:12 am

Next stop: Brighton :heart:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:53 am

again
the ufo-nasa-vatican bullcrap
still the same crowley-aliens too? not much evolving involved
falseflag-o-meter in the red
and some famous bountyhunter, subventionsweeper-on who's behalve?
what you call the robberbarons got themselves profitably into the "philantropists" goodbooks
tax-free meddling in all states? and minds
~~our money, our lives, their profits for more meddling
lets dig up this one some more,file:///C:/Users/Familie/Documents/teilhart%20and%20transhumanism.htm
link is ? pdf? PCC Documents › 2007. _The Enneads at Esalen_.doc
The Last Meeting of the Enneads, Esalen, 2007
The eight discarnate Enneads, being who they are (not merely who they had been), the radical separation of matter and spirit, and of living and deceased, forcefully maintained by the dominant worldview, simply did not prevail. The Dalai Lama, the one Ennead who was still breathing earthly air, was well used to communicating with the so-called dead.
this rolls along the theosophic purity lines and has been removed for the purpose of the new-fairness program (race)
how :roll: :roll:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:52 am

Lots to do.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 10:10 am

Feeling lazy and unproductive for taking a day off work. I was worried that my nausea might be a sign of covid.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 11:34 am

I went to the shops today.

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2022, 12:47 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

I know a guy who is a very well known doctor and professor. He is working on autism. I saw him on TV and youtube too many times. He has Aspergers, dyscalculia and dyslexia. But he claims these things are gifts. I do not know what he means by this.

And when he talk about difficulties he had because of these things, he always make fun of them. He says " math was a nightmare for me."

But it seems that he somehow managed to cope with it. Because in my country, one can probably not be a doctor, if he or she is not able to do basic mathematics in the exam. Only way is to excel in other fields to compensate the loss.

For me, I hated math when I was a kid. But after University, I realized that I can understand mathematics more than anything. Now I know too many things: single variable calculus, multi variable calculus, linear algebra, matrix methods-signal processing and AI, differential equations, probability, fourier transformation and so on. Now my aim is to do master on math. Even if I graduated from Psychological counseling and guidance. Because I believe that that is the only way I can be happy. I just want to be like Newton or Einstein.

So, I do not know whether you can learn math or not. But I know you can achieve many things without math. Like him.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm

I am going to cook dinner.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 2:10 pm

I tried a can of Fancy Feast. I like it. It tastes good with salt.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 4:30 pm

Read about the history of half my ancestors on the external network.
The history of all ethnic conflicts is taboo in Chinese public history education.

My hometown once belonged to the most powerful Tujia kingdom. In the campaign of banning chieftain in the Qing Dynasty, there was an uprising here and it failed. (1735)
The massacre of civilians by the Qing Dynasty plunged this place into depression. The core area of the kingdom is still the part with the lowest population density in the whole Tujia area.
However, the chieftain practiced slavery. It is hard to say which approach is more reactionary.

Immigrants of Han and other ethnic groups therefore entered here more in modern times. This is another part of my ancestors.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:32 pm

Schultz looks like a giant cat.