Are we more likely to score w/ women w/ autistic relatives?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 12:20 am

I've had this idea in my head for the past few days that one of the few types of NT women who might be likely to find us attractive are those who love and are close to someone who is in the spectrum - perhaps an autistic/aspergean immediate family member or relative.

What do you guys think?

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 12:26 am

Whether you run into one of these people or not is another matter.

It definately would make the early part of a relationship easier. I.E. she would understand, and you wouldn't have to explain too much to her (or him) about what is going on and why we act a little strangely.

That said, you still need to find someone compatible with yourself. Whether that be a relative of an AS/HFA or not.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Dec 2007, 12:27 am

I think that it would depend upon if the NT woman had a positive relation with that Aspie/Autie relative. I don't know if you recall an NT couple who were posting on WP awhile back, who had an Autie brother, and clearly hated his guts. They had a really skewed reality, which they came on here seeking to inflict on us.

ProtossX
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2007, 12:32 am

well they can be certainly much nicer to us

One of my good friends from college (REALLY HOT girl who i met in a class wasn't single tho) has a mentally challenged brother while not autistic still i think it makes them spot other people who may have problems and try to lift there spirits atleast

I dunno bout helping get laid but definetly helps connect with the opposite sex atleast on a more social level if the person already has a relative to relate you too more, so they can see through it easier and meet the real you

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 2:28 am

Are you nuts?

No.

sands
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2007, 3:16 am

I work with teenagers that have autism. And the person I like most likely has aspergers. I think I understand his ways a little more than the average person who wasn't around someone with autism would. I can tell you this for sure, the aspergers didn't make me feel any less for him.

What's normal anyway?

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 7:37 am

Yay or nay, I think I'd at least make a good friend with someone like that.

Brainsforbreakfast
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 9:17 am

I think my ex's dad was auti.
Actualy, I strongly suspect I'll have the same personality in another 30 years.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 10:10 am

Actually I think it would work against you because it might help to create a stereotyped idea of what Autism is.

What you should do is let them get to know you, preferably on some dating site, then reveal it when you feel it is appropriate/relevant whatever. Letting them know straight away wont help them break the idea of what Autism is, although it could set you up for a relationship with somebody who firmly believes in some crazy idea of what Autism is, but in that case you could simply fish for what they believe by referencing it occasionly.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2007, 10:53 am

Well, no not really. My brother is autistic, and I don't see why I would be more attracted to X aspergian/autistic, seeing as they're all different. Although, yes there can be an advantage. Um. I'm no help, sorry.