Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Dec 2007, 9:03 am

Okay, went to court yesterday. The therapist suggested that I take my work badge and hold it. He said to remember that my special job is to advocate for children with disabilities and my son is one of them. When I get upset, say to myself: My special job in life is to stick up for kids that can't do it for themselves. My son is one of them.

It worked. Even when I wanted to jump up and scream and I could feel the panic making me want to go postal on everyone. I imagined that I was part of the chair and I couldn't move that way, I had to stick to the rules of being a chair.

So, even though it is still not fair that they are treating me like a criminal. I get to see my son from 2-8 on Christmas Eve when my family gets together for Christmas. My ex really tried hard to make it so that I couldn't. I kept my cool and I played on not having seen my son for 7 months and how close we are.

At first they argued that my parents weren't appropriate supervisors. (Why I need a supervisor, I don't know), but my son's lawyer got my aunt to supervise. Get this though, then they say well, my dad has to go get him alone. So what is the difference between being alone with him in a car for 3 hours and supervising, I don't know. My dad just said, I'm a quiet man, I wasn't going to ask a stupid question and point out how stupid that was.

My ex is an ass. Then he jumped up and went on and on about my son's PSP. "I want the PSP back". I said that it was my son's toy and if he wanted to take it to his dad's he could, but if he didn't, then I didn't want to be penalized. The judge told him that it was up to my son. Haha.

So, I sort of won. The judge told him that I had good questions and that if I want to ask every single one of them in January, I could. My ex didn't like that. Too bad for him.

So, I'm happy. When I told my son, he bawled his eyes out and he was so happy that he gets to see me.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 10:27 am

Well done :)

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 12:26 pm

I hope you both have a fun time. People like your EX-husband make me REALLY hope there is a kismet based on karma, so they will "pay" their debt, even if it should be like sisyphus. I hope all the evil people have such a fate.

I hope you and your son have a great time, and that he can soon get out from under his father and maybe sue his father's pants off.

BTW maybe one day you can enlighten us as to how such a jerk can find a woman. Granted, I don't give women that much of an opportunity now, but I am far and away better than that jerk, and haven't had such luck.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2007, 1:07 pm

Great news, Liverbird :D

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Dec 2007, 2:31 pm

Definatly, good job, you deserve to see your son, on Christmas. I am glad you won and its too bad that horrible people out their outa spite and hatred try to prevent the other parent from seeing their kid cause it is theirs too. You sound like a very caring parent and are more concerned with the happyness of your son then being bitter towards your X and I certainly think you deserve to win, I will never understand it how one parent will try their hardest to prevent the other from seeing their kid, especally around the holidays, thats horrible, and I like the above post, I do beleive you always pay for the bad things you did in life after life is over, and your X in my mind has a debt to pay.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 3:19 pm

I'm glad that you keep taking the high road, reality is that as your son ages he will see who his dad is, and who mommy really is, and he'll connect the dots, and you will come out the winner.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2007, 2:51 am

Thanks everyone for the support. I had a wonderful day with my son. Although 6 hours was way to short. We spent the first 30 minutes hugging and crying because we had missed each other so. My parents actually live about 45 minutes from where I live, so my inlaws got my son's best friend and brought him over to spend the day as well. It was fantastic. My son was thrilled to see out whole family and he said that it had been the best Christmas ever just because he got to come home and be with us.
I found myself watching him all day. Being amazed at how he was handling everything because by the end of the day, I wanted to scream because the sensory input had just about popped all of my circuits. Too much very hard emotion in one day. I hated letting him go. It was awful. He was so good. He said that it was hard to live in a world where no one was like him. Which is how I felt until I had him! He told me he would be home soon, so just to hold on.
So, for the few hours that we had, life was good. I just felt like my heart was breaking when I had to say good bye to him. Because now I'm back in that world of no one like me. (Present company excepted, LOL). I mean physically of course.