Autism Speaks Lies

Autism Speaks, But They Should Shut The f**k Up

Autism Speaks, But Not For Autism

Autism Speaks, but only for money

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2008, 8:45 pm

I'd like to add, Autism Speaks, really loud, hoping to drown out the voices of the curbies's kids begging to be accepted by their parents.

NewportBeachDude
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2008, 6:24 pm

I'd like to add #57 and #58 and #59 and #60. Maybe not the most popular, but to me the most relevant.

#57 - Autism Speaks is currently speaking on a multi-national insurance legislation campaign in an effort to get more services paid for by those on the spectrum.

#58 - Autism Speaks recently spoke before a subcommittee hearing on Medicaid to open their eyes to the need for more "community, school, home based" care and program for those on the spectrum.

#59 - Autism Speaks speaks with $$$ by offering hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants to local Autism groups and families so children on the spectrum can partake in programs that they would be excluded from because they neither have the money and are Aspergers or Autistic.

#60 - Autism Speaks speaks by advocating early screening and chilldhood intervention. Thanks to this kind of advocacy, it's resulted in new guidelines for Autism diagnosis in early childhood.

Thank goodness Autism Speaks does speak.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 7:00 pm

Autism Speaks also gives $$$ to the genome project that'll wipe us off the face of the earth given half a chance...

NewportBeachDude
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2008, 7:05 pm

Zarathustra wrote:
Autism Speaks also gives $$$ to the genome project that'll wipe us off the face of the earth given half a chance...

I'm sorry you feel that way. Peace, bro.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

I like #16, the best.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 9:56 pm

NewportBeachDude wrote:
I'd like to add #57 and #58 and #59 and #60. Maybe not the most popular, but to me the most relevant.

#57 - Autism Speaks is currently speaking on a multi-national insurance legislation campaign in an effort to get more services paid for by those on the spectrum.

#58 - Autism Speaks recently spoke before a subcommittee hearing on Medicaid to open their eyes to the need for more "community, school, home based" care and program for those on the spectrum.

#59 - Autism Speaks speaks with $$$ by offering hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants to local Autism groups and families so children on the spectrum can partake in programs that they would be excluded from because they neither have the money and are Aspergers or Autistic.

#60 - Autism Speaks speaks by advocating early screening and chilldhood intervention. Thanks to this kind of advocacy, it's resulted in new guidelines for Autism diagnosis in early childhood.

Thank goodness Autism Speaks does speak.

But at what cost to autistics? Their whole campaign is very dehumanizing. The videos they put out, the statements they make, and the image they portray of autistics does more harm, then the little bit of money they put out to good causes.