Ladies and gentlemen... the WrongPlanet writing showcase

Page 50 of 51 [ 803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 6:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I will mail my script for Pieces of Truth later this week to the US Copyright Office!

Like my script for Convulsions, it should be processed within one week.

Huzzahs!

I still haven't received confirmation yet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 6:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I will mail my script for Pieces of Truth later this week to the US Copyright Office!

Like my script for Convulsions, it should be processed within one week.

Huzzahs!

I still haven't received confirmation yet.

Still something for you to be proud of.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 7:35 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Always-Me- ... ble&sr=1-1

My latest book, You're Always With Me And Other Stories, is now available as an audiobook! Huzzahs!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 6:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Always-Me-Other-Stories/dp/B096N2TPCJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=you%27re+always+with+me+and+other+stories+bill+link&qid=1623111211&s=audible&sr=1-1

My latest book, You're Always With Me And Other Stories, is now available as an audiobook! Huzzahs!

Congratulations! :)

As for me, I got stuck once again on both character development and storyline for my Vanport script, so I am going to begin working on yet another sci-fi story. I will admit that I'm a huge fan of any sci-fi that involves time travel or anything set in space, so I am using a prompt website that I found for potential ideas.

If anyone wants to use this prompt website, here is the link.

https://www.servicescape.com/blog/660-science-fiction-writing-prompts-that-will-get-you-writing-at-warp-speed

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Always-Me-Other-Stories/dp/B096N2TPCJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=you%27re+always+with+me+and+other+stories+bill+link&qid=1623111211&s=audible&sr=1-1

As for me, I got stuck once again on both character development and storyline for my Vanport script, so I am going to begin working on yet another sci-fi story. I will admit that I'm a huge fan of any sci-fi that involves time travel or anything set in space, so I am using a prompt website that I found for potential ideas.

https://www.servicescape.com/blog/660-science-fiction-writing-prompts-that-will-get-you-writing-at-warp-speed

Unfortunately, because the Covid plague isn't keeping people inside anymore, my newest audio book aint selling. Anyone out there with an interest in listening to a first rate narrator read my stuff, feel free to take a look... or a listen.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Unfortunately, because the Covid plague isn't keeping people inside anymore, my newest audio book aint selling. Anyone out there with an interest in listening to a first rate narrator read my stuff, feel free to take a look... or a listen.

Off Topic
Many states are considering lockdowns again because of increases in the Delta variant of COVID-19, Oregon is unfortunately one of them.

As for me, I began writing a new script (it will be sci-fi) that asks a question: What would the world be like if an alien force caused every single animal on Earth (including domesticated ones) to betray humans?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Off Topic
Many states are considering lockdowns again because of increases in the Delta variant of COVID-19, Oregon is unfortunately one of them.

As for me, I began writing a new script (it will be sci-fi) that asks a question: What would the world be like if an alien force caused every single animal on Earth (including domesticated ones) to betray humans?

Sounds interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Off Topic

Sounds interesting.

In the circumstance you get stuck on writing a new story, use the link.

For you, there is a sci-fi horror section with some ideas.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 7:38 pm

I am a Demon.

That's right a demon. Not a devil. Those red guys with pointy tails and horns and pitchforks are devil's, and I'm not one. What's the difference? Devils aren't native to Hell. They were once Angels and were cast down here with Lucifer. They are the ones who are all about tempting mortals, damning souls, destroying Heaven. I don't care about any of that. I am a Demon, and we have ALWAYS existed in Hell.

My appearance would be most grotesque to mortal eyes. I stand nine feet tall, with a massive chest covered in wirrey brown hair. I have two heads. One is more or less human, the other is that of a snarling dog. My dogs head has a mind of its own and is always snarling and drooling and ripping things open. My legs are like massive vulture legs with claws. My arms are massive and ape like. My eyes a disquieting shade of red.

Today is like any other in the Malebolge, essentially a massive lake of boiling human excrement in Hells fifth level. I swim up chest deep in frothing crap up to one of the newly damned. I grab and tear his arms off while my dogs head rips his face to shreds. I enjoy the Malebolge. The stench is agreeable, the trapped souls can't get away too quickly, and Lucifer's Devil's don't visit here too often. It's just us demons and the damned as it should be.

Just any other day in the Malebolge, when suddenly I hear it. It's a summons in Latin. I scry upwards and see a vision. Five teenagers all in black clothes in a crypt in the middle of a pentagram. They have black candles around the ends of the pentagram. And a book. A very old book with a black cover. I can smell it even down here. Somehow these kids got their hands on.a for real spell book, genuine King Solomon old Enochian stuff. It's Halloween night there and the veil is thin. I scry some more....the book is powerful stuff but they don't really know what they are doing. I see imperfections in a magic circle that can not afford to be less than perfect. Runes of protection meant to control a creature like me. Oh yes time for some fun.

I manifest myself in the crypt in a hail of hell fire and a stench of brimstone. The kids are terrified, they didn't really expect anything like this. I grab the nearest immediately and rub him all over my wirey brown hair. The ends are sharp and tear his skin right off. My dogs head rips out his throat and blood sprays everywhere. I drop the corpse and pin the next under my vulture leg. He's a fat marshmallow of a human and I tear my claw through his back and out his chest. My foot comes up with his heart gripped inside it. The girl is frantically paging through the book. Probably looking for a spell to stop me. I stomp over the corpse, grab her, and rip her bodily in half. One of the remaining boys shoots me with a shotgun. It's shells were loaded with rock salt! Did he really think that would work? I turn around, grab the gun, and ram it through his head. The fifth is heading for the door and I pin his body to the wall. My dogs head goes into a frenzy of bites, turning him into a raw and bleeding carcass.

And then I smell it. Priests. Probably looking to get that spell book back. They are carrying blessed artifacts and I'm not messing with that. I open a portal and beat a hasty retreat back to the Malebolge where the souls of the days five are waiting for me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 4:14 am

Axeman wrote:
I am a Demon.

That's right a demon. Not a devil. Those red guys with pointy tails and horns and pitchforks are devil's, and I'm not one. What's the difference? Devils aren't native to Hell. They were once Angels and were cast down here with Lucifer. They are the ones who are all about tempting mortals, damning souls, destroying Heaven. I don't care about any of that. I am a Demon, and we have ALWAYS existed in Hell.

My appearance would be most grotesque to mortal eyes. I stand nine feet tall, with a massive chest covered in wirrey brown hair. I have two heads. One is more or less human, the other is that of a snarling dog. My dogs head has a mind of its own and is always snarling and drooling and ripping things open. My legs are like massive vulture legs with claws. My arms are massive and ape like. My eyes a disquieting shade of red.

Today is like any other in the Malebolge, essentially a massive lake of boiling human excrement in Hells fifth level. I swim up chest deep in frothing crap up to one of the newly damned. I grab and tear his arms off while my dogs head rips his face to shreds. I enjoy the Malebolge. The stench is agreeable, the trapped souls can't get away too quickly, and Lucifer's Devil's don't visit here too often. It's just us demons and the damned as it should be.

Just any other day in the Malebolge, when suddenly I hear it. It's a summons in Latin. I scry upwards and see a vision. Five teenagers all in black clothes in a crypt in the middle of a pentagram. They have black candles around the ends of the pentagram. And a book. A very old book with a black cover. I can smell it even down here. Somehow these kids got their hands on.a for real spell book, genuine King Solomon old Enochian stuff. It's Halloween night there and the veil is thin. I scry some more....the book is powerful stuff but they don't really know what they are doing. I see imperfections in a magic circle that can not afford to be less than perfect. Runes of protection meant to control a creature like me. Oh yes time for some fun.

I manifest myself in the crypt in a hail of hell fire and a stench of brimstone. The kids are terrified, they didn't really expect anything like this. I grab the nearest immediately and rub him all over my wirey brown hair. The ends are sharp and tear his skin right off. My dogs head rips out his throat and blood sprays everywhere. I drop the corpse and pin the next under my vulture leg. He's a fat marshmallow of a human and I tear my claw through his back and out his chest. My foot comes up with his heart gripped inside it. The girl is frantically paging through the book. Probably looking for a spell to stop me. I stomp over the corpse, grab her, and rip her bodily in half. One of the remaining boys shoots me with a shotgun. It's shells were loaded with rock salt! Did he really think that would work? I turn around, grab the gun, and ram it through his head. The fifth is heading for the door and I pin his body to the wall. My dogs head goes into a frenzy of bites, turning him into a raw and bleeding carcass.

And then I smell it. Priests. Probably looking to get that spell book back. They are carrying blessed artifacts and I'm not messing with that. I open a portal and beat a hasty retreat back to the Malebolge where the souls of the days five are waiting for me.

8)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 5:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Axeman wrote:
I am a Demon.

8)

Thank you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2021, 3:00 pm

Axeman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Axeman wrote:
I am a Demon.

8)

Thank you.

No problem. It's quite good.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 1:56 am

It isn’t often that inspiration and my infrequent moments of eloquence coincide, but when they do, I actually don’t think I’m too shabby. But only rarely and for a few paragraphs at most, so really, it mostly just emphasizes how bad the rest is. I write in scenes, I’m terrible at joining them even when they neatly follow a storyline. This time I got what might be the start of a short story that doesn’t fit into any of my other stuff.

“The creature sat crouched at the top of a tree in the heart of the forest, one arm around the slender trunk as it leaned forward and sniffed the air. The afternoon sunlight hurt its eyes and the warmth made it sluggish, but earlier that day the leader of one of the forest’s wolf packs had awakened it from its torpor. The creature did not force the animals to do anything for it, but they recognized it as the utmost apex predator it was, and knew that pleasing it meant that it would let them live. This was not a spoken vow, but a vow nonetheless, and though it was ravenous, the creature always held true to its vows - a vestige of the human it had once been. And so the wolf had alerted the creature when it had found signs of the creature’s favorite prey, the one thing it truly craved. The forest was remote enough that humans didn’t enter it for leisure, so it knew it had time. It would track them while it was weak and take them when night fell, when it truly reigned supreme. But now, the light and warmth confused its senses, and so it would borrow those of another. The creature found the wolf that had awakened it (which wasn’t hard even during the day since it had its scent and heat signature fresh in its mind), then took a piece of its mind and sent it into the wolf. This intrusion did not allow it to control or impel the wolf - in fact, the wolf was barely aware of its presence, consciously or subconsciously. What it did was allow the creature to become a passenger in the wolf’s mind, seeing through its eyes, hearing through its ears, smelling through its nose.”

…and that’s all I have.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 2:32 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
It isn’t often that inspiration and my infrequent moments of eloquence coincide, but when they do, I actually don’t think I’m too shabby. But only rarely and for a few paragraphs at most, so really, it mostly just emphasizes how bad the rest is. I write in scenes, I’m terrible at joining them even when they neatly follow a storyline. This time I got what might be the start of a short story that doesn’t fit into any of my other stuff.

“The creature sat crouched at the top of a tree in the heart of the forest, one arm around the slender trunk as it leaned forward and sniffed the air. The afternoon sunlight hurt its eyes and the warmth made it sluggish, but earlier that day the leader of one of the forest’s wolf packs had awakened it from its torpor. The creature did not force the animals to do anything for it, but they recognized it as the utmost apex predator it was, and knew that pleasing it meant that it would let them live. This was not a spoken vow, but a vow nonetheless, and though it was ravenous, the creature always held true to its vows - a vestige of the human it had once been. And so the wolf had alerted the creature when it had found signs of the creature’s favorite prey, the one thing it truly craved. The forest was remote enough that humans didn’t enter it for leisure, so it knew it had time. It would track them while it was weak and take them when night fell, when it truly reigned supreme. But now, the light and warmth confused its senses, and so it would borrow those of another. The creature found the wolf that had awakened it (which wasn’t hard even during the day since it had its scent and heat signature fresh in its mind), then took a piece of its mind and sent it into the wolf. This intrusion did not allow it to control or impel the wolf - in fact, the wolf was barely aware of its presence, consciously or subconsciously. What it did was allow the creature to become a passenger in the wolf’s mind, seeing through its eyes, hearing through its ears, smelling through its nose.”

…and that’s all I have.

I'm my worst critic, so I can understand why you'd be down on your writing. That said, remember, just because you wrote something down doesn't make it written in stone. Consider what you first wrote to be a first draft that you can rewrite, and make it into what you want. Writing is like sculpting in clay; it's a process to form the clay - or in this case, the words on a page - into your vision. It's a matter of shaping the words into the imagery and emotion that satisfies you.
Don't be so hard on yourself. That sample you provided wasn't bad at all.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 3:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

…and that’s all I have.

I'm my worst critic, so I can understand why you'd be down on your writing. That said, remember, just because you wrote something down doesn't make it written in stone. Consider what you first wrote to be a first draft that you can rewrite, and make it into what you want. Writing is like sculpting in clay; it's a process to form the clay - or in this case, the words on a page - into your vision. It's a matter of shaping the words into the imagery and emotion that satisfies you.

I write most of my stuff a whole lot of times, I completely lose track of how many, and even if I only make minor changes each time, it adds up. I’ve been going through some of my old notebooks, and I can see my stories evolve. They tend to become entirely different stories that were only inspired by the originals.

For a first draft, what I have is amazingly good, for me :lol: But even saying it’s decent or thinking it might be good enough to share is a big win in terms of self-confidence.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 5:08 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

…and that’s all I have.

I write most of my stuff a whole lot of times, I completely lose track of how many, and even if I only make minor changes each time, it adds up. I’ve been going through some of my old notebooks, and I can see my stories evolve. They tend to become entirely different stories that were only inspired by the originals.

For a first draft, what I have is amazingly good, for me :lol: But even saying it’s decent or thinking it might be good enough to share is a big win in terms of self-confidence.

I used to fill up notebooks, then I thought I'd try pounding a computer keyboard, and never looked back. Making changes, big or small, is a lot easier on the laptop, as I don't have to rewrite the whole text all over again, but make changes in the original text quickly and easily.