Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Are you Gifted?
Yes. 53%  53%  [ 47 ]
Some days I feel gifted. 33%  33%  [ 29 ]
No. 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 88
25 Dec 2007, 7:00 pm

I don't need an article telling me I'm gifted. Lot of people are gifted in different ways. What makes me gifted is not judging people by the way they look. I am like a Lisa Simpson when it comes to thinking logically and being open minded about stuff about the possibility.
I think my 19 year old brother is gifted too. He can sense people's feelings without them expressing it, he is good at math, he has always done math above the grade level since 4th grade. He loves problem solving and he was into space and astronomy. He is also very logical.
I'd say he is gifted. Ever since he was a little boy, he was very sensitive and caring and was always there for his little brother. He also protected me from his mean friends and kept kids out of my room when I be in school. He was always there for me too when kids be mean to me. He run and tell my mother kids were being mean to me.
I wished I was that sensitive but sadly I wasn't. I was always teasing, being an Eddie from Tru Confessions. I didn't seem to care about other people either in my early elementary school years. I had to be given it.

BlackMetalIstKrieg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2007, 12:10 am

No, I only checked one of the above: decent imagination. I do not think that 'strong moral convictions' are a sign of giftedness or any sort of positive quality. Adaptability to change, rather than rigidity, is the hallmark of evolutionarily favorable traits.

and battle forth towards a brighter dawn

matt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 12:50 am

I am academically gifted...

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 6:54 am

Right. We only use our power for good :D

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2007, 2:48 pm

this test is off for not NT's...

certain questions like:
Can you concentrate for long periods of time? and Do you persevere with your interests? I find myself putting no, and it has nothing to do with being gifted but rather having a short attention span. There's other questions to that have to do with the same idea, just not as direct..

crazyllama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Dec 2007, 3:47 pm

Since 'Living God' wasn't an option, I voted for no. :D

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2007, 5:29 pm

As far as an IQ of 160+ no I'm not gifted. My IQ is 133.
Now ask me if I am smart.
YES!

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2007, 5:49 pm

The 800lb gorilla in the room is....who cares?

I mean I have a tested IQ of over 180 on a series of tests starting at age 5 and being repeated at random intervals until I was 20. I can program in about 12 different computer languages but have trouble speaking english (my native tongue).

I can get up on stage and perform any number of different things from sketch comedy to improv to singing but can't go up to a person and say Hi my name is "insert name here".

I can lose hours if not days while on a particular project but will at other times be unable to accomplish anything as I'll have the attention span of a gnat.

If presented with a problem, I'll find the answer. I can pass any written test in existance wether I know the information or not. (yes, I can. It's one of those very strange things about me) But would never state that I know the material if I didn't KNOW the material.

It's all a matter of what is needed at what time and whom the observer is.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2007, 6:37 pm

I think that is somewhat of a hypocritical question. To say yes persumes to what a person thinks of him/herself from an intellectual standpoint. Although I have been blessed with the abilty to create through art, writing, as well as musical ability I would say that I am not gifted by the standards of intellect alone.