I feel guilty because I can't show emotion

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 2:41 pm

Sorry for your losses. That's very sad to have had to endure.

Regarding emotion - you might find this article to be of some initial help. Once you begin to understand how the brain functions and what impedes the flow of emotions - you might want to start looking into ways to reconnect the neurons - which is possible. The brain will always adapt to whatever stimuli it is given and repair/reconnect and grow new connectors. Never give up. Here's just one article of the many out there - http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/47770.php

Shadowbound wrote:
Just a couple of months my Tigger my cat died I was extremely upset on Christmas eve my other cat Tiddles died he was 14 and had hyper thyroid and and was losing weight when he went on beta blockers he became really ill. I think that may have finished him off.

The problem is even though I'm sad I never cry. I feel guilty because I am unable to show emotion to show how much I loved Tiddles. I loved both my cats with all my heart so what the hecks wrong with me?

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 10:12 am

I feel guilty because sometimes I can't see the emotions of others or doubt they're there :?

Edit: I feel guilty for doubting them, but I can't help doubting them :?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 10:01 pm

I get enraged at myself for @#$ing up sometimes, but haven't cried in about 20 years. But I haven't gotten into situations where it might be necessary. I sometimes get concerned that I wouldn't be able to stop. Who can tell?