Page 3849 of 4176 [ 66815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3846, 3847, 3848, 3849, 3850, 3851, 3852 ... 4176  Next

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 1:55 pm

No. I don't play any sports.

On the whole: What personal quality/trait do you feel you have the most in common with other Aspies and the least in common with NTs collectively?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:32 am

Aspies as in aspergers, i suspect some, but i really don't know other autism(s), and these suspectrumites mostly are entrenched in woo, and thats the new lane to social-step-on-another to get upper in that field, this is woowoo country--
(puritanital incarnated/ or my clothes aren't right? or im not faking it enough?)
(or is it undermining from so, bringing in more judges of my unworthyness - the gaslight brigade :lol: )
Sometimes its preferable to have nts on your side, :nerdy:

:mrgreen: wrong answer,
the best is when you can have the odd silent-space in a conversation,
that's rare and highly upsetting to most; nt's and heavy maskers.
(to post or not to post :scratch: - ow organisations-organisations, your nemesis :alien: )

same q

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:38 am

Whatever it is interpreted as the autistic core traits -- namely speaking a different language, perceiving the environment differently, and thus reacting to many things differently.

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 10:53 am

Loneliness. I know NTs experience this too but the thing I see most often talked about on WP (which is my only exposure to other aspies) is the feeling of being isolated and unable to understand how to connect to other people - something many NTs seem to do instinctively. Also sensory issues but the specifics of that seem to vary a lot.

Do you enjoy rollercoasters?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:48 am

I totally love them. Upside down, looping, wooden and rickety, new and slick, whatever.

The scariest for me is when the carts go up almost 90 degrees and stay there for a moment. I have a fear of falling out backward, which is a recurring dream for me. I do it anyway lol.

I'm scared of ferris wheels instead.

same question

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 3:35 pm

I used to like them until I almost got hurt on a couple rides one year, so now they completely freak me out. Though I did go on a rollercoaster this year because people in my family wanted to, and had to sit one seat away from the front. It was probably the most terrifying experience I've ever had and I'm not going on a rollercoaster ever again. 8O

What is one thing that you are terrified of?

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2021, 3:56 pm

People leaving me and forgetting about me. Happens a lot at school.

Do you like madeleines?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:07 pm

I don't think I've ever eaten one. I try not to eat flour or sugar these days so maybe I'm facing the possibility of a life in which I never taste a madeleine.

What is your favourite type of cake?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:43 pm

Ice cream cake.

Is there anything about yourself that you feel NTs can't fully understand/comprehend, no matter how good their intentions are at trying to relate to you, but other Aspies seem to understand exactly (give an example)?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:52 pm

The whole point of focus. Not special interest, not the issue of shifting gears -- focus.

Typically interpreted into a wide range of behavioral translations -- fixations, obsessions, interests, order, narrowness, stubbornness, strictness, rigidity, diligence, perseverance, 'discipline'...

NTs don't see it why or how. It seems difficult or even painful they say.

It is also assumed it's like the ADHD hyperfocus (which has a difference of it's own) sure there are similarities when it's not the same thing.
It's also not the same as, say, distraction or avoidance of something akin to coping mechanism -- that's not focus itself, but focus can be facilitated this way.

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 12:11 am

Having very restricted interests and being unable to handle change well. That's one of the things NTs always seem to think is really weird, and that they struggle to understand or respect.

Are you good at handling change?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 12:22 am

ten years ago, i worked as an actor at an amusement park, and i loved rollercoasters. have not gone on a roller coaster since then.

do not play sports.

bad at handling change. even temporary, minor, expected changes. (neuroplaticity). school, dumpster fire "job", moving, precious lil "friends". even when safeway sold out of lentil salad, or something like that. (surprisingly, coronavirus only made three things change for me: library, aikido, counseling. and i quickly adapted.)

NTs don't fully comprehend how and why i do not love sitting around making noise pollution, unlike them.

cake, don't particularly like. prefer chocolate.

might not have ever eaten a madeleine. if i did, i don't remember.

terrified of: dogs, homelessness, rape,

personality trait: apathy

do not like watching sports

no comfort item

what is the worst thing that ever happened to you?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:53 am

? really, its hard/impossible to have that scaled out, in the moment anything is as bad as another,aka the worst ever
-- specially after doing some 'good" things easily spiral bad, be depressed for your own good!!
after cleaning up a part of the grassy hill noise barrier along the highway, mostly plastics, later that day i took son and friend to the playground but i-we was pestered by some youngsters with knifes(mind you a 9month belly makes you a bit uncomfortable with knives, so i headed to the next playground that was very crowded, guess next thing happening is a kid putting a (toy)gun in my face, i instantly hit that out of his hand, oow bad action now the growling mass made it wiser to retreat, at home followed by a little crowd and full of stress i called Mil, dumb action > Fil called the police,
so a little later the police came, entered, made notes and left,
hourray now i had a really big and loud crowd in front of the house
ow that wasn't a happy memory

tell me something good :lol:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 5:49 am

I just found out that the state of Indiana has constructed 256 roundabouts since 2016. I was under the impression that there were no roundabouts in the US which always struck me as weird because they're undeniably a better way to keep traffic flowing through built-up areas. For an advanced nation the US is quite backwards in some really odd ways. Anyway, that struck me as good.

Tell me about your Christmas viewing habits. Are there movies/TV shows you always watch. Do you watch them at specific times?

I have a few. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a Christmas Eve staple. Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch (the Boris Karloff one) and Rudolph generally get watched on Christmas Day. Otherwise I like to rewatch Christmas-themed episodes of Frasier and Community and being English I'm contractually obliged to watch a Morecambe and Wise Christmas show from the 70s at some point.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 8:02 pm

I watch all of those ^^ In fact The Grinch is on right now for about the fifth time in a row because I don't focus enough to watch it.

My tradition is I normally start with Frosty, around the end of November. Then all the others in succession depending on my mood. I don't watch Charlie Brown or It's a Wonderful Life until around the 23rd, and A Christmas Carol is always at midnight on Christmas Eve / Day. It has to be the 1951 version with Alastair Sim.

Other favourites - The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Bells of St Mary's, Holiday Affair, Little Women, Penny Serenade, All I Want for Christmas, Blizzard, and One Magic Christmas.

One Magic Christmas is only allowed if I feel really sorry for myself and need to cry. It's so sad.

Other big favourites are the Christmas episode of The Flintstones, and the Christmas episode of The Honeymooners.

I have all of them on DVD so I don't need to search.

I watch Rudolph but I like the New Year one better.

Do you get a Christmas stocking, or fill them for others?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:36 pm

I believe my family and I stopped using Christmas stockings several years ago.

Same question.