Page 2991 of 4168 [ 66676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2988, 2989, 2990, 2991, 2992, 2993, 2994 ... 4168  Next

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 4:34 pm

Don't really have an opinion about it.

What is your opinion about religions?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 4:56 pm

I dislike religion but I also think people should have the right to their religious beliefs.

Same question

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:22 pm

I find that religion is a beautiful thing, if used in the right way, but people often use it in a horrible and destructive way. Many wars are about religion and that saddens me to no end.

People are known to twist beautiful words, meant to unity, into malicious words that puts an enormous void between people. Preaching how good and forgiving they are, but damning everyone that is different to the debts of hell. Humanity stands for diversity, that is what makes us beautiful, and I often feel religion wants to restrict that difference, want to keep everyone the same.

I got told I was born out of greed, made by man, not made out of love but from sin, a child of the devil and would therefore never feel true love in any kind of way, as a punishment for what my mother did. You know why? Because I am from a sperm donor.

My brother is gay and would burn in hell for the way he is was their opinion. Bricks came through my windows, for a little, shy, feminine boy who hurt nobody. He got hated for being different, as was I.

This is only one simple thing that religious people did to me and mine, drilled into a little boy on an almost daily basis. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I truly hope that there is no heaven or hell for them because if there is a god, he will never forgive them for that.

It all makes me laugh, knowing what they did to me. Irony and hypocrisy at it's best...

But of course, there are people who follow religion in a good, beautiful and non-judgmental way. They often get judged for the hate that the others emanate which isn't fair.

In the end, I am an atheist. My faith is in nature. I can always count on Mother Nature.

Same question.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:24 pm

People should always have the right to exercise religious freedom, regardless if they are religious or not.

Same question.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:25 pm

I feel that people's core beliefs and perceptions, not just for religion, but for everything, need to be challenged and examined without bias and without judgement.

Do you find the idea of unconditional love for everyone hard to believe, and if so, why?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:30 pm

Yes, how can someone love everyone unconditionally. Love is a strong emotion. It is already hard or impossible to find someone to unconditionally love one person.

Same question.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 7:53 pm

I want to believe there is unconditional love.
Though in this world I believe it is hard to recognize or believe in it.

Is it hard to believe that some family members love you when they say they do?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:02 pm

Yes.

Same q

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:04 pm

Sometimes. Especially if they are the kind of people who never bother to visit you or buy you a gift for your birthday or christmas.

I believe that love is based on your actions and not what you say you feel. I also believe that blood relations do not automatically make you a real family.

Same question.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm

I feel like most of my family loves me because they’re obligated to by family ties. They wouldn’t hang out with me otherwise.

Do you like stained glass?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:13 pm

Have you read King Lear? ('I love you according to my bond, no less and no more' says Lear's daughter).
I hear you there regarding some relatives.

I love stained glass, especially in cathedrals. I may have leaded or stained glass installed in my bedroom next month to block sun and give me more privacy.

same q

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:16 pm

There’s much potential for creativity within stained glass.

Do you believe there must be a Christian theme in stained glass?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:17 pm

Of course not! I'm open to all themes and religions including Judaism (much stained glass). I could make literature stained glass! I actually knew someone who designed it!

same q

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:18 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I believe that love is based on your actions and not what you say you feel. I also believe that blood relations do not automatically make you a real family.

Well said. Deeds indeed say more than words.

Yes for me as well.

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, I think it feels very homely somehow.

kraftiekortie wrote:

No, not at all.

Do you have a hard time knowing what to talk about when you are with people you know? Is it worse with strangers?

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:19 pm

O I love stained glass too!! !! We bought a house, a cottage really, that had stained glass door and windows and honestly thats all I saw and knew I had to have that house. We moved in and the house stunk of dog that I had never even noticed!! ! We lived in that house for nearly 10 years, I miss the stained glass.

same q

AQ 40
ASD-1

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:20 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Well said. Deeds indeed say more than words.

Yes for me as well.

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, I think it feels very homely somehow.

kraftiekortie wrote:

No, not at all.

Do you have a hard time knowing what to talk about when you are with people you know? Is it worse with strangers?

My mutism is worst with people I know, when there is tension and a backstory. However, yes, it's awkward with strangers too.

same q