Page 2993 of 4177 [ 66831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2990, 2991, 2992, 2993, 2994, 2995, 2996 ... 4177  Next

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:51 pm

Hugging with my dog. Watching cute animal pictures. Rain or waterfall sounds. Going into nature and just relaxing, hearing the birds chirp.

Although I like writing, it doesn't relax me, strange enough. It can be very tense and heavy on the senses.

Good question.

Same question.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:53 pm

A crackling warm fire in the woodstove, serenity, solitude, overcast skies (no direct sun), birdsong, music, tea

Same q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:56 pm

Ah yes, firelight or candlelight or faerie light or (dim) coloured lights or any light that doesn't involve regular bulbs or sun!

Friends

People who don't steal your apple slices.

same q

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 2:27 am

I actually fell asleep.

The outdoors, comfortable warmth or coolness, my boyfriend (unless he's in a mood that's hard to get along with), being in a good environment that isn't too noisy inside, art, writing poetry (most of the time), being at peace with my decisions

Same question.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 9:18 am

My pets (sadly, I don't have any indoors now, just feral cats I help care for), reading, listening to music, singing, watching cat and tennis videos (playing tennis both relaxes and energizes me), good conversations with friends and watching humorous television programs and cute animal programs

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 12:52 pm

I'll restart things:

Do you find cemeteries to be peaceful? Sad? Scary? Something else?

I find them to be very peaceful places. I have no feelings of creepiness.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 1:39 pm

I have one directly behind my house and love it. I find it very peaceful. My garden is also full with Crows and I adore Crows :heart:

Same question.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 2:21 pm

They used to make me sad, but now I'm more indifferent.

Can you read people's emotions from their eyes?

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 2:26 pm

Yes, going against my humble nature, I am very good at that.

Same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:05 pm

Magna wrote:
I'll restart things:

Do you find cemeteries to be peaceful? Sad? Scary? Something else?

I find them to be very peaceful places. I have no feelings of creepiness.

In the midst of my bad day yesterday I decided I needed to visit a cemetery. I went and spent an hour communing at the graves of my father and my grandfather (his dad), just to relax and feel calm. It was the saving grace of my otherwise disordered day.

I could stay in cemeteries all day reading the monuments and the history.

Reading eyes: I got the lowest score ever seen by my assessment doctor on the "reading eyes" part of my ASD diagnosis. I'm pretty much useless unless it's a DVD which I can pause or rewatch without the characters looking back at me. I've been watching David's eyes on Six Feet Under and learning a lot in relation to the plot lines.

same q

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:17 pm

I'm not good at reading people's emotions through their eyes, etc.

I'm sorry you had a bad day, Isabella. I'll post a good song about cemeteries in the song thread....

Are you afraid of heights?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:33 pm

My day yesterday was horrible because I saw a family who had lost their (grown) child. I have a phobia of grief (for lack of a better word), and the experience of parents losing a child was quite crippling. On top of that, however, there were other extremely stressful things happening, but in contrast there were really happy things -- the contrast was overwhelming. It was the roller coaster of days. It stretched my emotional capacity beyond anything I've done in a decade.

Heights: I like when they wuther. 8) Actually though, I'm not really afraid. I've been on many dangerously high spots with minimal caution. I'm afraid of ferris wheels though, because you aren't supported underneath and you are only held by a pin.

same q

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:41 pm

I find heights disorienting at my age. However, I used to love climbing and sitting in trees, some of them quite tall, when I was a boy and listen to the leaves, wind and birds though.

I read the novel The Baron In The Trees by Italo Calvino as an adult about a boy who has an argument with his father, climbs a tree and lives in trees for the rest of his life, never touching the ground again. I thought back to my childhood and thought: "I could have done that!".

If I had a time machine, one of the things I would use it for would be going back to attend many different live music events in history. What would you use a time machine to go back for?

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:47 pm

Stopping my traumas from ever occurring. Teaching my past self a lot of things that I learned the hard way. Telling the woman I loved, who also loved me, that I liked her which we were both too scared to do because we were so young. Go back and tell some people some things to prevent some horrible disasters, like 9/11, Hitler and the death of Abraham Licoln as an example. Can go on for a while :lol:

Domineekee edit: Win the lottery :mrgreen:

Same question.

Last edited by LoneLoyalWolf on 17 Oct 2018, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:50 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
Stopping my traumas from ever occurring. Teaching my past self a lot of things that I learned the hard way. Telling the woman I loved, who also loved me, that I liked her which we were both too scared to do because we were so young. Go back and tell some people some things to prevent some horrible disasters, like 9/11, Hitler and the death of Abraham Licoln as an example. Can go on for a while :lol:

Same question.

Good ideas. I was thinking more personally. In a broader sense of humanity I would have gone back to try to stop Eve from eating the apple! :)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 4:15 pm

@Magna
I loved climbing, too! My earliest memories are of the mechanics' work shop on our property where I would go and play unattended, climbing the machinery and the annexe itself, and trees and ropes and pulleys. I used to climb into a nook in the ceiling of my brother's bedroom when I was about 7-8, and hide there.

Time machine:
Personal - Run like hell on or before April 2002 such that my own trauma ordeal could not have started.
(and 10 000 other associated regrets with that). Spend more time with my father's mother instead of fearing her as a child (I was scared of her ticking timepiece pendant). Not tell my Dad to dismantle the princess canopy bed he built me. I used it for several years but got embarrassed in my adolescence and told him it was stupid. I should have had at least one friend in secondary school. Attend more concerts such as Tom Petty or KISS (I had tickets but bailed). Take more photos (My family has virtually none from inside the house my father built for us and I don't remember it at all).

Sidenote: After visiting the cemetery I went to the house my father built, hoping to find the new owner and talk. No one was there. I should have left a note.

same q