Page 3153 of 4176 [ 66815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3150, 3151, 3152, 3153, 3154, 3155, 3156 ... 4176  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:04 pm

It's funny but I don't consider curry to be spicy. To me it's a strong flavour, but not spicy. I don't love it, for that reason.

Seven layer chocolate cake?! OMG. Who bakes that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:06 pm

It's a Jewish cake. I forgot why they call it that.

I also like the chocolate layer cake that was all the pink and green colors.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:08 pm

THEY sell the seven layer here I used to eat it a lot when going thru bad times it really helps idk if it’s made correctly but almost every layer was a different type of chocolate cake (eg fudge brownie, fluffy cake) alternating

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:09 pm

Skyline Chili is my favorite based on sentimental value.
In terms of food, food: I love rice, shrimp, fish, pasta, most every fruit, corn, broccoli, edamame, chicken, etc
For meals: chicken pot pie, spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccine alfredo, salads (especially greek and caprese), pizza, bulgogi, dumplings, sushi, pad thai, fried rice, and many many more
Junk foods: ice cream, smoothies, macaroons, pie, walnut tart, crescent rolls, muffins, pumpkin bread, and many more
(Im actually not a cake person. Seven layers sounds kinda excessive lol)

What the worst first impression you've ever made to someone who became your friend?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:11 pm

I had a teacher who, once, threw a book at me in frustration

But we became sort of friends a couple years later. I used to dream about her a lot.

Same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:12 pm

I can't say I've ever heard of that in my life as a Jewish custom. I'm fascinated by Judaism, even if I don't like chocolate.

I wonder if they could bake me a seven layer spice and maple cake with penuche?

Worst impression: My Uni roommate thought I was a terrible snob because I was brushing my hair in a puffy white robe and being very quiet when she moved in. I had just taken a shower and I was scared, but she thought I was arrogant. She said so to my face. We never became great friends but there were some decent moments.

Same q

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:14 pm

Corn on the cob is the best too. Imagine being extremely wealthy and having your own corn fields, so you would have fresh sweet corn, and your cook made you cake every day. Corn on the cob is one of the few foods my son has occasionally attempted to eat. I think the texture is good and the feeding therapists have said that Autistics rely on texture, they dont like it to be unpredictable, and that’s why you have to stick to the same brands of crackers and chips n cookies. To keep it consistent n reliable

So if some stores don’t carry his preferred brand , a different one will be rejected by my son.

But for fruit and veggies it’s easier as no matter what lettuce is generally the same, corn, etc.

Worst first impression? Any friend i ever had always told me they thought i was a snob or mean and judgemental till they spoke to me
Edited to add - My XH told me his first impression was ‘graceful but no style n dresses like an old lady’ which is perhaps the worst

Same Q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:24 pm

I was traumatised by corn on the cob as a child. I was at my Uncle's house, and when it was served I discovered there was a little worm inside mine. I'm absolutely terrified of THOSE THINGS. I screamed and threw my cob of corn across the room by impulse, and ran away. My auntie picked up the corn, pulled out the THING, and forced me to eat it (the corn ... not the thing -- lol). My parents didn't intervene. It's a miracle I can touch it at all today. I'm still leery.

same q re: first impressions.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's funny but I don't consider curry to be spicy. To me it's a strong flavour, but not spicy. I don't love it, for that reason.

Seven layer chocolate cake?! OMG. Who bakes that?

Me to I also consider curry spicy either.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 7:32 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I like bananas too but they have to be exactly perfect (not green or brown or bruised, and not plantains).

My favourite food is lobster, pad thai, or anything extremely spicy with peppers / capsicum. Pizza is good but I like it really spicy as well.

My favourite treat is likely oatmeal cookies.

same q

I love extremely spicy foods with peppers and capsicum to. I love bananas to.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:09 pm

What was the question, again? :scratch:

I'll just post a random one:

What is your volume set at on your computer/laptop/ectc?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:22 pm

It's not! :lol:

It keeps getting tuned up and down. Mostly around 30-40 (out of 100) when I use head phones, higher without.
On my 3DS anything between off to top, but usually around midway.

same q

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:41 pm

It's at zero by default unless I listen to a Youtube music clip which I'm posting; then it's on full (without headphones).

same q

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's at zero by default unless I listen to a Youtube music clip which I'm posting; then it's on full (without headphones).

same q

The same would go for me as well.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 11:38 pm

On my phone, it's near the top. But, I'll turn it down at certain times.

What would you do with no television?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 11:41 pm

My phone ringer is never on. I keep it on mute because I don't really go out anywhere, and I always have my laptop open for Facebook or messages. I also have a landline phone. I'm not sure why I even have a mobile? (Answer: Uber).

I don't watch television, so it wouldn't affect me at all. I went about fifteen years with no cable prior to internet streaming.

I prefer reading and listening to music.

same q