Page 4084 of 4167 [ 66660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4081, 4082, 4083, 4084, 4085, 4086, 4087 ... 4167  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2022, 8:15 pm

What is my fave Christmas film? Mmm.

I'd have to go with Die Hard (though some people dispute this is even a Christmas movie).

Same question.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 11:30 pm

Some old movie, which I watched years ago. Even then it seemed like a really old movie. I have no idea what the title was. Someone wearing the Santa Claus costume goes on a killing spree. A party turns into a bloody mess. Rather cheap plot but not as bad as most other movies. Most movies are corny, boring, and discriminatory any way. I hate movies.

What do you eat on Christmas Day or the eve or any time around then?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 3:21 am

Whatever my diet is favoring at the time. Nothing special. I don't shop between Thanksgiving and New Years unless I absolutely have to, so I won't even pick up something different.

ATM though I'm eating nothing but brownies, so maybe I won't live that long LOL.

Same Q

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 5:55 am

I have my favourite food and drink for the entire day. Usually pizza, diet coke, chocolate cake or choc cheesecake and Bailey's tea. :)

Same question.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 10:24 am

Christmas Eve I have a bacon, brie and cranberry sauce baguette. No wiggle room on that.

Christmas Day, breakfast is smoked salmon and scrambled egg.

No lunch because I've usually eaten too much chocolate to be hungry and I nibble at bits while I'm cooking:

Christmas Dinner usually mid afternoon - Turkey, sausagemeat stuffing, roast potatoes, chipolatas, roast veg, yorkshire puddings (yes, I know) with jelly and ice cream for desert.

Boxing Day through to New Years Eve - variations on turkey. I buy the biggest turkey I can fit in my oven and we eat it over the course of a week. I love having a cooked turkey in the fridge, not having to cook or even think much about cooking, it's my favourite thing about Christmas.

Have you ever been sick (vomited) on Christmas Day?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 12:08 pm

Christmas Eve -
We're traditional. We actually roast chestnuts on an open fire. I also make an hors d'oeuvre which is water chestnuts marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, and diced tomato or tomato paste. Stab with cocktail toothpicks. Wrap in strips of bacon. Roast in the oven on a double broiler rack until they sizzle. Sounds strange but they're to die for.

Raleigh's rum balls.
I also bake shortbread with my grandmother's handwritten recipe. Sometimes her sugar cookies too.

We walk to church for late night mass and get home around midnight. Then it's time for Bailey's.
At midnight it's a tradition to watch A Christmas Carol (1953 black and white), which used to always be on TV at midnight. Now we just watch it on DVD.

Christmas Day -
Breakfast: Ukrainian pierogi, fried onion and kolbassa, Kolach (Ukrainian bread)
Gift Time: Nuts - usually Brazil nuts and hazel nuts with a nutcracker
We get a clementine in our stocking
After Eight mints or Terry's chocolate oranges
Toblerone
More Bailey's
Dinner: Roast turkey or goose with stuffing, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, veg (glazed carrots, roast baby potatoes, green beans, parsnip), wine
Dessert: My grandmother's fruitcake or cherry cheesecake, more biscuits, more Bailey's

* I love me some Yorkies too DHB! Good idea to have them for Christmas!

Sick on Christmas: Yes, I used to get sick on Christmas Day when I was in Uni. I'd come straight home from exams a day or two prior, and be so exhausted / overwhelmed that I'd throw up. I also get sick from the aroma of the turkey cooking even though it smells good (I have smellophobias).

My daughter was really sick one year when she was 2, and I had to take her to ER for a breathing machine.

My dad passed away on Christmas Eve.

Same q

traven
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 1:59 am

one time, i had to go to the schooldentist's, which was ridiculous bc i had braces and went every week to the dentist,
that s-dentist drilled something and i was in bed with toothache that whole christmas,

same q

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 4:03 pm

Nope.

Do you plan on participating in giving a White Elephant Gift this Christmas?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 4:07 pm

Nah.

Same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 4:31 pm

What does that mean?

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 4:39 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
What does that mean?

Why is "it goes to 11" SO funny?

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 5:18 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
What does that mean?

I had to Google to check!

Wikipedia:

A white elephant gift exchange,[1] Yankee swap[2] or Dirty Santa[3][nb 1] is a party game where amusing and impractical gifts are exchanged during festivities. The goal of a white elephant gift exchange is to entertain party-goers rather than to gain a genuinely valuable or highly sought-after item.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2022, 10:13 pm

(Getting a bit messy... don't know which question to answer)
11 (if that's a question): I have no idea what that is.
White elephant: No. Never have, and never will. Sounds too difficult for me.

Do you decorate your house (room or whatever) for Christmas? If so, when do you put the decorations up and until when do you keep them there?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 1:38 am

On last week, or most often the tree gets in place christmas eve, with the problem of unfindable decorations last year, might have to search way earlier this year (since the kids lived-in for a while, there's a wall of boxes and stuff still there and they left their stuff too- the bigger the house the more 'things" get lumbered in it)
ofcourse it's a real tree, you don't want to put that in early-

same question

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 1:54 am

I put up a Christmas tree in the living room, a wreath on the front door, and Christmas lights on the patio outside. Nothing too fancy. They go up on 1 December and come down just after New Year's.

Same question

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2022, 2:54 am

We start decorating after Remembrance Day (11th) and before the parade (3rd Sunday of November / today).

I don't usually get it all down until spring. This year one of the trees was up until May.

It's a stim thing, not laziness.

We never take the real tree or anything else down until Epiphany ( 5 Jan) because we follow the 12 Days of Christmas.

same q