Page 3843 of 4176 [ 66815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3840, 3841, 3842, 3843, 3844, 3845, 3846 ... 4176  Next

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 1:52 pm

I lived in a physically/emotionally abusive household, and I did not get along with my stepfather growing up. He died several years ago, and I felt relief when he did.

I am in contact with my mother now, but I wouldn't say we "get along". She sat back and let my siblings and me be abused (and refused to leave the marriage despite our pleas), and I cannot ever really forgive that entirely. It sounds awful, but I tolerate her these days. She is a manipulative and toxic person, so I keep my distance.

My biological father contacts me VERY occasionally, but we are not friends.

Same question.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 5:45 pm

To be brutally honest, in my response, my father no longer exists to me; for a whole host, of reasons..

Do you sometimes find that you have been written off for not communicating on a consistent basis?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm

Verbal or written communication? I'm not sure which one you're talking about. :?

Same question.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 10:31 pm

Yeah. I get ignored and cut off by people sometimes because I am not that great at consistently reaching out to them.

Do you have a "comfort object"?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 10:52 pm

Not really.
My hair, maybe.

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 11:14 pm

My Tickle would be the main one. Then the pillow fort / lights.

Does anyone truly hate you?

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 11:16 pm

my sister. we haven't spoken in 11 years. but it's ok because I hate her too. :)

same question...

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 11:30 pm

Probably a few people.

Have you ever felt truly loved by someone?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 11:49 pm

I've been love-bombed by many people. The sad thing is that they were all doing it superficially for their own ego, to feel the thrill of the chase or to feel romance. They didn't even know me despite us having long relationships. I bet none of them could answer a single question about my true self. It was all about them, what they wanted to feel, and what they wanted to pretend when fooling themselves. They all turned out to be manipulating me and using me as an emotional lackey while they had affairs on the side. I mean that sincerely as all three turned out to be gay and admitted they wanted to appear straight, rather than coming out or making their families aware they were dating men.

My kids love me.

same question

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 12:09 am

I've been lovebombed by people, too. I think my sister genuinely loves me (or at least she did when I was a toddler). My long-term online friend probably also does (platonically, I mean lol).

Do you think you've ever felt actual (romantic, not just platonic) love for anyone?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 12:43 am

I'm glad to hear your sister and your friend love you. :heart:

I have a long-term, platonic, online friend too. ^
I feel his love because he gets me -- without any romantic pretence or overtures to muck it up.

Romance? Me? I do the best I can.

same question

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 12:56 am

I felt actual romantic love for the girl I dated in middle school (and was friends with for longer), I think. I still wonder what she's doing sometimes, even though she might be a very different person 5 or so years later and as an adult.

Have you ever had a pet try to blind you- I mean, "accidentally" scratch your eye? :scratch:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 1:05 am

I know you did ^ 8O I can't remember if I did, but my black kitty scratched the bejeebers out of me when she was little.

I was at the dermatologist for something else, and she thought I was in crisis / cutting.

Can you read in your sleep, in dreams?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 1:10 am

I actually... don't know... That's interesting to think about, and since I can't remember any instance of doing so I'll go with "No".

That also sounds so painful. Our oldest cat did that to me and my mom after she got fixed. People thought the same thing when they saw my mom's scratches.

Same question. Now I'm curious. lol

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 1:35 am

Yes, I read in my dreams all the time. I can write too - poetry, fiction, song lyrics, academic papers ... you name it. Quite often I wake up and transpose it on paper. I read and write WP threads in my sleep too, so it takes me a while to remember what was real or not.

Apparently this isn't normal ^ but I do have a lot sleep disorders including an inability to reach deep stage sleep. I guess my mind is more awake than I realise, even when I'm sleeping.

I'm going to log off and do some reading -- but thanks for the long chat and I hope you're feeling better.

New question - Have you ever used packing tape on those big rollers? Are you any good at it?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 1:57 am

I've used tape like that and I'm terrible at it. I don't know how people use those things with no issue.

That's also really cool, Isa! And now that you mention the WP thing, I actually think I have read + replied to forum posts in my dreams a couple times... I don't think reading is a regular thing for me though, and that around that time I did other things I don't normally do while sleeping.

And I hope you enjoy the book you're reading! Goodnight! :heart:

Same question about tape.